You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GO PREDS!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Nashville Born and Raised.

I have not really cared about hockey at all.
I'm learning. I'm not at the point where I would watch a regular season game or pick a Preds game over a Titans game.
I might go to a game or two if I get a ticket or go with a friend.
It's fun experience.

That being said, I have been into these games as of late. I'm not watching every minute, but I'll have it on and watch.
Last night I watched and actually was cheering! lol

Nashville is buzzing with being in the Stanley Cup finals. The Titans are supporting them. It's a beautiful thing.

Makes me really excited to think about what the city would be like if the Titans come through....
The Preds are cool, but if the TITANS brought it like that, the whole state would explode!
SARGO127

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went down to Nashville this year for the first time. Went down in November to see the Packers/Titans game - also got a Pred's game....Ducks vs Preds and the Preds won 5-0.

I'm a Ranger fan from CT, but the support for the Pred's was 10x that of the Titans down in Nashville around the city. I saw mostly GB fans down there - honestly, 60%+ in the stadium were Packer fans.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SARGO127 wrote:
I went down to Nashville this year for the first time. Went down in November to see the Packers/Titans game - also got a Pred's game....Ducks vs Preds and the Preds won 5-0.

I'm a Ranger fan from CT, but the support for the Pred's was 10x that of the Titans down in Nashville around the city. I saw mostly GB fans down there - honestly, 60%+ in the stadium were Packer fans.

Yeah....
I think no matter how popular the NHL Preds get, you still going to have more demand for NFL.
Preds are getting a lot of local love and it's great.
But the Titans/NFL pulls regional love.
People's NFL ties run deep. So if John Q moved here and doesn't have a "hockey" team and is falling in love with the Preds that ups the numbers.
While that same John Q loves the NFL and will support the Titans but hasn't been converted from his team, say the Raiders, so when they come to town John Q is going to fly his Silver and Black.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:

Yeah....
I think no matter how popular the NHL Preds get, you still going to have more demand for NFL.
Preds are getting a lot of local love and it's great.
But the Titans/NFL pulls regional love.
People's NFL ties run deep. So if John Q moved here and doesn't have a "hockey" team and is falling in love with the Preds that ups the numbers.
While that same John Q loves the NFL and will support the Titans but hasn't been converted from his team, say the Raiders, so when they come to town John Q is going to fly his Silver and Black.

To add on top of that GB is one of the most well traveled fan bases in the league. I'm sure the issue happens at all games but was probably slightly inflated due to them playing Green Bay.
Double Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge hockey fan, it was the only sport I was serious about playing growing up. I'm a diehard Flyers fan, I actually post on HFboards quite a bit, but I'm definitely rooting for the Preds now because of my Titans ties. I went to game 5 of the Anaheim series with my buddy from Tennessee who is a legit Preds fan and it was awesome seeing Pekka in person and the Preds win. I hope they win the cup. Laviolette is still my boy as the former Flyers head coach.

Random sidenote about the above topic: I went to the Titans/Chargers game last year here in San Diego and I was stunned by how many Titans fans were there. We lost of course, probably because I was there, but it was still awesome seeing how we had so many fans in the stadium. I've never been to Tennessee so it was the the largest gathering of our people I've ever experienced.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Random sidenote about the above topic: I went to the Titans/Chargers game last year here in San Diego and I was stunned by how many Titans fans were there. We lost of course, probably because I was there, but it was still awesome seeing how we had so many fans in the stadium. I've never been to Tennessee so it was the the largest gathering of our people I've ever experienced.
I've always been fairly impressed by the amount of random Titans fans I'll occasionally encounter across the country. I was one of like five or six Titans fans in my high school. Which yeah, isn't a huge number, but it wasn't a big HS (maybe 700 kids total, 150 in my grad class and there were three of us) and I grew up about 15 minutes from Lambeau Field.

With that said, while I'm sure it being the Packers didn't help matters, there's always plenty of visiting fans in Nashville. It'll probably get better if we start/continue winning, but I've seen games against the Packers, Texans, Colts and Jags over the years at LP and there were strong contingents of opposing fans at each one of them.

Props to mike23md on the sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans just need to win and the city will erupt!
Preds have the city going into overdrive....shutting down streets downtown.
I can only imagine if the Titans make a run.....
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That crowd was insane. Nashville has to have the best home crowd in all of hockey. 2-1 series now. Need to win game 4 and carry that momentum back to Pittsburgh for Game 5.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
615finest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jus saw a video of Rex and Rob Ryan getting into a scuffle at a bar in downtown Nashville lol..

http://twitter.com/CooperStef/status/871511768811675648/video/1
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
Jus saw a video of Rex and Rob Ryan getting into a scuffle at a bar in downtown Nashville lol..

http://twitter.com/CooperStef/status/871511768811675648/video/1

Disappointed. Thought it was gonna be them fighting each other. Laughing

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-2 series headed back to Pittsburgh. If the Preds win game 5, game 6 in Nashville for the clincher will be insane.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
2-2 series headed back to Pittsburgh. If the Preds win game 5, game 6 in Nashville for the clincher will be insane.

This is insane.

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Preds win game 5. The cups going to be in the building regardless next Sunday but what an atmosphere it will if the Preds are the ones with a chance to clinch it the buildings already electric as is

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
I really hope the Preds win game 5. The cups going to be in the building regardless next Sunday but what an atmosphere it will if the Preds are the ones with a chance to clinch it the buildings already electric as is

They were always going to have to win one in Pitt... but if they win Thursday, I don't think Pitt will be able to go into Bridgestone Arena and keep the Preds from taking the Cup on Sunday.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see that Nashville is a legit hockey market. They always have been but always fell flat in the playoffs. I live in a "hockey market" in Boston and we don't even come close to what's going on in Nashville. We have never shut down a street for a game or have that many fans go to an area to watch a game half our fans are just in bars.

Preds have been the better team the whole series IMO but Rinne has let in the soft goals early in the series to let Pitt win games.

If Rinne starts to stand on his head like last night this things over in 6 and what a site it would be

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: