You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 OTA'S AND TRAINING CAMP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 8722
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say about the matter is...Omaha.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 19487
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
The team released the schedule for training camp today.

7/27 Thursday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/28 Friday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/29 Saturday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/30 Sunday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/31 Monday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/2 Wednesday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/3 Thursday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/4 Friday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/5 Saturday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/7 Monday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/8 Tuesday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/12 Saturday 9:30am - 12:00pm

Only 12 practices seems a little thin to me. I could be mis-remembering but in the past I always thought they would have 15 or 16 practices open to the public.


I see they only list one practice after the 1st pre season game. There's still a month before the season opener on Sept 11th. Wouldn't some of those practices be open?

According to BSN, the 12 training camp practices open to the public are down from 15 last year and 14 the year before.

The increasingly secretive nature of this franchise is troubling. First the media was barred from all but two OTA practices and now they are reducing the number of open training camp practices. It reminds me of the 2009-10 period when our current OC's mentor was serving as head coach.


Who is it troubling to? You as a journalist, or the general fanbase? Because I read all kinds of Broncos content and very few, if any, people have complained about the level of access they are getting from the new team. I know you want to paint this as NE-West, and therefore bad, but I'm just not seeing that.

It's the trend that's troubling, ever more secretive. What's next, a player has an "lower-extremity injury?"


Isn't it possible that the combination of:

New coach
Young QBs in competition
Non-conducive schedule
Poor record last year (read:greater focus)

Are the main drivers behind the access level? Until they start lying to us outright or something, I wouldn't say this qualifies as any more than a minor annoyance on a personal level.

Well it's the doldrums of the offseason we have to have something to complain about....
_________________
big_palooka:

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 12258
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
The team released the schedule for training camp today.

7/27 Thursday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/28 Friday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/29 Saturday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/30 Sunday 9:30am - 12:00pm
7/31 Monday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/2 Wednesday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/3 Thursday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/4 Friday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/5 Saturday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/7 Monday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/8 Tuesday 9:30am - 12:00pm
8/12 Saturday 9:30am - 12:00pm

Only 12 practices seems a little thin to me. I could be mis-remembering but in the past I always thought they would have 15 or 16 practices open to the public.


I see they only list one practice after the 1st pre season game. There's still a month before the season opener on Sept 11th. Wouldn't some of those practices be open?

According to BSN, the 12 training camp practices open to the public are down from 15 last year and 14 the year before.

The increasingly secretive nature of this franchise is troubling. First the media was barred from all but two OTA practices and now they are reducing the number of open training camp practices. It reminds me of the 2009-10 period when our current OC's mentor was serving as head coach.


Who is it troubling to? You as a journalist, or the general fanbase? Because I read all kinds of Broncos content and very few, if any, people have complained about the level of access they are getting from the new team. I know you want to paint this as NE-West, and therefore bad, but I'm just not seeing that.

It's the trend that's troubling, ever more secretive. What's next, a player has an "lower-extremity injury?"


I would hope they go toward the extremely vague injury designation. Sucks for you as a journalist but it's better for the player - can't be targeted in the effected area. Take a note from the NHL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thebestever6


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3182
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone buying that the switch is flipped for Paxton Lynch? I mean Lynch has a good last 2 weeks of otas. Klis writes an article. And now all I read is Paxton Will not only win the starting gig he'll break out?


Is anyone buying it?


Also if anyone is interested this is a great read om Carlos Henderson
www.profootballfocus.com/fantasy-football-metr
_________________
Props to Deadpulse for the Sig:

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 8722
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
Is anyone buying that the switch is flipped for Paxton Lynch? I mean Lynch has a good last 2 weeks of otas. Klis writes an article. And now all I read is Paxton Will not only win the starting gig he'll break out?


Is anyone buying it?


Also if anyone is interested this is a great read om Carlos Henderson
www.profootballfocus.com/fantasy-football-metr


Would love to buy in. Even though I am on the Trevor bandwagon. If Paxton can surpass Trevor and become a breakout player...fine with me. I will put on my bib, grab a big spoon, and chow down on some crow pie.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 19487
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
Is anyone buying that the switch is flipped for Paxton Lynch? I mean Lynch has a good last 2 weeks of otas. Klis writes an article. And now all I read is Paxton Will not only win the starting gig he'll break out?

Is anyone buying it?

Also if anyone is interested this is a great read om Carlos Henderson
www.profootballfocus.com/fantasy-football-metr

That is a good read on Henderson. And better still it's from a national source rather than a local media cheerleader.

As far as Lynch, the news Klis put out there is encouraging. I might be one of the few Broncos fans out there that really doesn't have a horse in the QB race. I just want to see whomever wins it to play well this year. I think it was very smart of Vance and the staff to split the QB reps in OTAs and mini camp 50-50 as one of the things Lynch said in the Klis article is that the more reps he gets with the ones the more comfortable he gets working with that unit, which would be the unit he's working with if he wins the starting job. I really hope the staff keeps the reps 50-50 between the two in camp until one of them establishes themselves as the clear front-runner.

A decision is going to have to be made on who the starting QB will be before, IMO, the third preseason game. That will give whichever one it is all the reps with the ones in that dress-rehearsal game as well as in the two weeks of practices leading up to the regular season opener.
_________________
big_palooka:

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
champ11


Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 5868
Location: CO -> ATX
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
Is anyone buying that the switch is flipped for Paxton Lynch? I mean Lynch has a good last 2 weeks of otas. Klis writes an article. And now all I read is Paxton Will not only win the starting gig he'll break out?

Is anyone buying it?

Also if anyone is interested this is a great read om Carlos Henderson
www.profootballfocus.com/fantasy-football-metr

That is a good read on Henderson. And better still it's from a national source rather than a local media cheerleader.

As far as Lynch, the news Klis put out there is encouraging. I might be one of the few Broncos fans out there that really doesn't have a horse in the QB race. I just want to see whomever wins it to play well this year. I think it was very smart of Vance and the staff to split the QB reps in OTAs and mini camp 50-50 as one of the things Lynch said in the Klis article is that the more reps he gets with the ones the more comfortable he gets working with that unit, which would be the unit he's working with if he wins the starting job. I really hope the staff keeps the reps 50-50 between the two in camp until one of them establishes themselves as the clear front-runner.

A decision is going to have to be made on who the starting QB will be before, IMO, the third preseason game. That will give whichever one it is all the reps with the ones in that dress-rehearsal game as well as in the two weeks of practices leading up to the regular season opener.


I'm with you on not having a horse in the race tbh. Excited to see them in the preseason games.
_________________

team rammy

Joined: 3/10/2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoBruin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 13063
Location: La Mesa, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fair to hope Lynch becomes the guy. He undeniably more physical upside, with the arm, mobility and frame to take hits. But if Siemian progresses enough to keep the job, great. I never get choosing sides in these things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ11


Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 5868
Location: CO -> ATX
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
I think it's fair to hope Lynch becomes the guy. He undeniably more physical upside, with the arm, mobility and frame to take hits. But if Siemian progresses enough to keep the job, great. I never get choosing sides in these things.


Yeah I lean towards Lynch having the higher ceiling and an advantage with Elway...but if Siemian improves? Especially with a decent offensive line...then great let's do it. Like both the kids
_________________

team rammy

Joined: 3/10/2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 9240
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
I think it's fair to hope Lynch becomes the guy. He undeniably more physical upside, with the arm, mobility and frame to take hits. But if Siemian progresses enough to keep the job, great. I never get choosing sides in these things.


My exact feeling as well. I think the hope is that Lynch is a hit. Tremendous talent at the position, but we all know more so than any position in sports, physical gifts alone doesn't equal a successful QB.

I've mentioned it many times, but he's Elways guy and he'll get his shot this year, which could be a good or bad thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 6952
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
I think it's fair to hope Lynch becomes the guy. He undeniably more physical upside, with the arm, mobility and frame to take hits. But if Siemian progresses enough to keep the job, great. I never get choosing sides in these things.


That pretty much sums it up.

From what I've read Lynch just needs to stop making boneheaded plays. He'll throw a beautiful TD on one play and a pick six the next.

Too bad we can't put Siemians head on Lynch's shoulders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thebestever6


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3182
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
I think it's fair to hope Lynch becomes the guy. He undeniably more physical upside, with the arm, mobility and frame to take hits. But if Siemian progresses enough to keep the job, great. I never get choosing sides in these things.


That pretty much sums it up.

From what I've read Lynch just needs to stop making boneheaded plays. He'll throw a beautiful TD on one play and a pick six the next.

Too bad we can't put Siemians head on Lynch's shoulders.


I mean I'd take Siemians brains but I'll tell you what I like mentally where Lynch is off the field. He seems really humble and mature in that way. Seems like a guy that would do anything to win a game, or to help his teammates.

I remember we all thought Jay Cutler was gonna be Jake Plummer with elite tools. And Jay never even came close too that. Plummer seemed like a great leader, who was naturally respected and his teammates always went to bat for. He did lack elite skills, and made mistakes like throwing left handed. But from the time he left to us getting manning I missed watching Jake the snake.
_________________
Props to Deadpulse for the Sig:

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 19487
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on his physical traits alone, Lynch does have the higher upside. As I've said several times, Lynch's body style and, to an extent, his college play style, has always reminded me a lot of Big Ben - and Big Ben is going to the Hall of Fame - however, this Mike McCoy offense is reported to require a savvy QB. And Lynch (unlike Big Ben) does not receive high marks for his savvy.

Thus, if Trevor Siemian is better equipped to make pre-snap reads, digest coverages more quickly and process defensive schemes sooner, he should be the starter. Remember it was McCoy's mentor who preferred the immobile, "noodle-armed" Matt Cassell (and later Kyle Orton) to the athletic "gun-slinger" Jay Cutler. An immobile, weaker-armed QB can throw bubble screens and 5-yard crosses on option routes just as well as a QB of greater physical skills can and do so far better if he can anticipate the coverage. Remember we're running not a Bruce Arians-like offense here (as far as we know) that requires a QB to buy time as deep routes downfield develop.

This is what makes this QB competition so fascinating. We have two QBs who could not be more different. Add onto that, we have a OC who has an undefined scheme because he's really only been a real OC for one season. We also have a QBs Coach and an OL Coach who've been OCs before and a RBs Coach who a) holds the title of Assistant Head Coach and b) was an interim Head Coach who has survived FOUR regimes (Mac, Fox, Kubes, Vance). Oh, and our GM is one of the two or three greatest QBs in the history of the world and runs this franchise with (not my words) an iron first.

There's a diversity of talent. As someone (and I forget who, I apologize) said late last year "Siemian has it from the neck-up and Lynch has it from the neck-down." There is also a hodgepodge of ideas; will that result in a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation or a melding of the minds that produces the best result?

Oh, and just like last year, we have a litany of questions around the most important unit on the field - the offensive line.

In short, there's a bounty of story lines (eh, Duce?).
_________________
big_palooka:

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 8722
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Ben is my favorite QB in the league if Paxton can emulate him...I am in. If he winds up being Flacco...not so in.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ11


Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 5868
Location: CO -> ATX
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Based on his physical traits alone, Lynch does have the higher upside. As I've said several times, Lynch's body style and, to an extent, his college play style, has always reminded me a lot of Big Ben - and Big Ben is going to the Hall of Fame - however, this Mike McCoy offense is reported to require a savvy QB. And Lynch (unlike Big Ben) does not receive high marks for his savvy.

Thus, if Trevor Siemian is better equipped to make pre-snap reads, digest coverages more quickly and process defensive schemes sooner, he should be the starter. Remember it was McCoy's mentor who preferred the immobile, "noodle-armed" Matt Cassell (and later Kyle Orton) to the athletic "gun-slinger" Jay Cutler. An immobile, weaker-armed QB can throw bubble screens and 5-yard crosses on option routes just as well as a QB of greater physical skills can and do so far better if he can anticipate the coverage. Remember we're running not a Bruce Arians-like offense here (as far as we know) that requires a QB to buy time as deep routes downfield develop.

This is what makes this QB competition so fascinating. We have two QBs who could not be more different. Add onto that, we have a OC who has an undefined scheme because he's really only been a real OC for one season. We also have a QBs Coach and an OL Coach who've been OCs before and a RBs Coach who a) holds the title of Assistant Head Coach and b) was an interim Head Coach who has survived FOUR regimes (Mac, Fox, Kubes, Vance). Oh, and our GM is one of the two or three greatest QBs in the history of the world and runs this franchise with (not my words) an iron first.

There's a diversity of talent. As someone (and I forget who, I apologize) said late last year "Siemian has it from the neck-up and Lynch has it from the neck-down." There is also a hodgepodge of ideas; will that result in a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation or a melding of the minds that produces the best result?

Oh, and just like last year, we have a litany of questions around the most important unit on the field - the offensive line.

In short, there's a bounty of story lines (eh, Duce?).


1043 the fan talking Siemian v Lynch every day for the next three months lol
_________________

team rammy

Joined: 3/10/2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group