You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 OTA'S AND TRAINING CAMP
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: 2017 OTA'S AND TRAINING CAMP Reply with quote

Since OTA's start tomorrow I thought I'd start a thread for stashing info.

Lots of battles to watch and veteran development to look for. We really need to see some marked improvement from guys like Gotsis and to a greater extent Sambrailo and Heuerman. The last two are probably fighting for their NFL careers.

I read today that Stephenson was PFF's lowest rated OT in the NFL last year. If Ty can't beat him out he needs to think about a career change.

Anyway, here we go!

Oh yeah, do you get to go to any of these AAA?
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens every year with every team and much of the time it never comes to fruition. In Denver's case right now it's that Adam Gotsis is primed to have a big year. All the reports were that he lacked the size/strength to handle the NFL and Kollar told him he had to get bigger and stronger. I saw an interview with Gotsis and he is BIG. Last year he was lean, this year he is bulky. His biceps look like they've doubled in size.

By no means does this mean he's going to drastically improve, but he will definitely be one of the guys I'm following closely through camps.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should make sure to link to MHR practice reports to make AAA really happy.

Gotsis was definitely outmatched physically last year coming off an injury, I worry about the mental part, hopefully he can pick up the mental part of the game unlike Margus Hunt.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some notes.

Gotsis is up about 20 lbs.
Paxton's feet apparently look much improved. No one tell Rex.
Bolles starting as 2nd string LT with Stephenson at first team.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gotsis is up 20 pounds, which wouldn't surprise me, that's a big boy. 6'4" 310 with 35 inch arms and likely still above average athleticism. 3/4 DE prototype physical numbers. Let's hope he puts the technique together.
Counselor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Sloter is the next Tom Brady Laughing

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
If Gotsis is up 20 pounds, which wouldn't surprise me, that's a big boy. 6'4" 310 with 35 inch arms and likely still above average athleticism. 3/4 DE prototype physical numbers. Let's hope he puts the technique together.
Whole D-line is much bigger with Peko and Kerr signed and Wolfe putting on 20 pounds. Haven't heard anything about Crick but I assume he put on some weight too. He is the early leader in the clubhouse to start again at RE to my surprise. I'm not sure where his value is after drafting Walker.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it about Elway's FO and our shiny new coaching staff that after investing a first round pick in Bolles, after attempting to trade up for the under-sized 25 year old, and after trading up three years ago to to take Ty Sambrailo in the 2nd round, it's Donald Stephenson as the 1st team LT.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting note, this one from Zac Stevens at BSN, was that McCoy is making use of Andy Janovich, using him both in in the traditional FB role as well as moving him around and taking advantage of his unique skillset. This was a concern of mine considering McCoy's background as a pass-happy, screen-throwing dink-and-dunker, perhaps he is more creative than I initially gave him credit for.

http://bsndenver.com/broncos-ota-observations-the-quarterback-competition-takes-the-field/

Quote:
During the first practice, new offensive coordinator Mike McCoy showed that Janovich will be a key piece to Denver’s offense, potentially even more than he was last season. Not only was Janovich used in typical fullback fashion, he was used all over the field in many different capacities other than just a destructive blocker.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
What does it about Elway's FO and our shiny new coaching staff that after investing a first round pick in Bolles, after attempting to trade up for the under-sized 25 year old, and after trading up three years ago to to take Ty Sambrailo in the 2nd round, it's Donald Stephenson as the 1st team LT.

TBH I think he's just making the rookie earn the job, at least with Bolles. With Ty it's shape up or ship out.

If Stephenson keeps the job into the 2nd-3rd PS game that would mean more.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Another interesting note, this one from Zac Stevens at BSN, was that McCoy is making use of Andy Janovich, using him both in in the traditional FB role as well as moving him around and taking advantage of his unique skillset. This was a concern of mine considering McCoy's background as a pass-happy, screen-throwing dink-and-dunker, perhaps he is more creative than I initially gave him credit for.

http://bsndenver.com/broncos-ota-observations-the-quarterback-competition-takes-the-field/

Quote:
During the first practice, new offensive coordinator Mike McCoy showed that Janovich will be a key piece to Denver’s offense, potentially even more than he was last season. Not only was Janovich used in typical fullback fashion, he was used all over the field in many different capacities other than just a destructive blocker.

Not only the slavic surname has had Andy looking like the second coming of Kyle Juszczyk. Have loved his prospects since Elway drafted him.
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised with Bolles being lower on the depth chart for now. 99% of the time they make the rookie earn it.

Glad they are using Janovich. He's a good player. Mike McCoy is a good OC, so this doesn't surprise me. He knows how to use players+protect QBs. There wasn't a better hire they could have made with Joseph as HC. Janovich is in a good situation considering his all around skill set.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Ah c'mon. It doesn't mean anything and you know it!

This is a glorified meet and greet and not much more. Why don't you wait to start hating on the staff and Bolles until they at least hit training camp. That'll still give you over a month of good bashing.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I want Brock Olivo to be the Broncos' HQ someday?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brock-Olivo-fired-up-for-potential-of-rookie-special-teams-contributors/4bb32249-1f5a-4452-ab9c-f4b5c7b09fe7
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are fostering a culture on special teams, and there aren't many teams willing to spend enough resources and time to do that. Coach Joseph spending time working with STs along with Olivo and his assistant is great. Could be the most improved unit on the team depending on what the offensive line gives us.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: