You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Do You All Feel About Gurley This Season?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stl4life07

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: How Do You All Feel About Gurley This Season? Reply with quote

I am super high on him this season and think he will bounce back in a big way. Am I the only one who thinks that?

I feel like many people either think he wont bounce back or will only a little bit. I based my thinking from 2015 where he had over 1100yds rushing (3rd in the NFL) while averaging nearly 5yds per carry. He did that while missing 3 games and barely playing in one other game. My thinking is McVay/LaFleur will improve the offense just their scheme/playcalling alone that Fisher/Boras couldnt do because they were so incompetent. The addition of Kromer to coach the oline and get the best out of them while signing upgrades at LT in Whitworth and at C in Sullivan will no doubt improve the line on the field. The last thing is the Rams getting reliable pass catchers in Woods and Kupp. The will make a difference to help keep Gurley and the offense not only head of the chains, but keep the offense on the field period. The Rams were terrible on 3rd down conversions and punted alot. Gurley cant be effective if he is on the sideline.

So again, what are your thoughts about Gurley this season?
Flounch

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he can't do worse than last year.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have better talent (or aleast the same with Saffold at G) at every spot along the Offensive Line.

We no longer have an offensive system that is the equivalent of the Triangle in todays NFL.

And when from what I saw in the first half of last year, I dont think any of it was Todd's fault.

I still think he is a Top 5 talented RB, and with an average offense/OL he should be back to his ROY ways
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1200 rushing yards 8tds
400 receiving yards 2tds

Dunbar will steal 3rd snaps and catches, but I would be happy with above as a bounce back year for Gurley.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
1200 rushing yards 8tds
400 receiving yards 2tds

Dunbar will steal 3rd snaps and catches, but I would be happy with above as a bounce back year for Gurley.
Im not sure I really want to commit to a total yardage as an expectation. You say 1200, which would have put him Top 8 in rushers last year. But then broken down, thats only 75 yards per game, and I say 'only' because most dont realize that is a Top 10 rusher in todays NFL (where only 2 guys average 100+). But when you see that 75 yard average its just not a flashy number, because our brains still think like its 2003 and 75 per game barely got you in the Top 20 rushers.

What I would like to see is at least Five 100+ yard games. The top rushers seem to have at least 5, and end up with 7 per year now a days.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
1200 rushing yards 8tds
400 receiving yards 2tds

I was thinking the same stats for Gurley.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmWa2GyB5-M

He better produce..

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I honestly don't expect much from him after what we saw last season. I think the offensive line is better, but Jared Goff was so bad last year that I think teams just stack the box on Gurley. I expect him to somewhat struggle again.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Meh, I honestly don't expect much from him after what we saw last season. I think the offensive line is better, but Jared Goff was so bad last year that I think teams just stack the box on Gurley. I expect him to somewhat struggle again.

Well it's a good thing you're blind Golfer, just so you can't see how wrong you'll be.
bertuzzi

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARams91 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Well it's a good thing you're blind Golfer, just so you can't see how wrong you'll be.

Blind? Did you not watch a single game last year? Gurley couldnt rush for a 100 yards even once lmao. What makes u think he will do it even once this year? Ram fans upset about the Oline being terrible yet they dont even draft a lineman.

whitworth will help out goff more than he will gurley. Not the greatest run blocker but the best pass blocker.

I would predict just over 900 yards and 4 TDs and the rams looking at a new RB next years draft.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertuzzi wrote:
LARams91 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Blind? Did you not watch a single game last year? Gurley couldnt rush for a 100 yards even once lmao. What makes u think he will do it even once this year? Ram fans upset about the Oline being terrible yet they dont even draft a lineman.

whitworth will help out goff more than he will gurley. Not the greatest run blocker but the best pass blocker.

I would predict just over 900 yards and 4 TDs and the rams looking at a new RB next years draft.

One thing most people fail to account for is even a mediocre Whitworth run blocking is a massive upgrade from GRob's run blocking as a LT. Sullivan or a big orange cone are an upgrade over Barnes. Havenstein being healthy which he wasn't last year is an upgrade. But the two biggest upgrades of all will be Kromer and McVay. I don't know what Gurley will do this season. But I do know that the coaching alone is a massive upgrade to our OLine along with Whitworth and Sullivan. Add in McVay's game plan/scheme over Fisher/Boras and you've upgraded it again. We'll see what happens this year. I think it'll be positive but these pre season number predictions are pointless. One thing that's for certain is Gurley is being expected to work this off season. Unlike what we saw from him in Hard Knocks.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feed the troll.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Don't feed the troll.

how am i trolling lol? This is literally my only post criticizing gurley since watching one of his games last season.

i dont know what gurley your watching but hes been pretty damn awful for quite a while now.
Tano

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertuzzi wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Don't feed the troll.

how am i trolling lol? This is literally my only post criticizing gurley since watching one of his games last season.

i dont know what gurley your watching but hes been pretty damn awful for quite a while now.

If every player got hit 2 - 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage on half the plays they carried the ball, every back would be terrible.

I will note that Gurley had on average one or two runs a game where he didn't hit the hole properly, but I am counting on that as Gurley being frustrated and trying to do too much without being patient.

I will say a couple of his runs I thought he might take it to the house only to get tackled that the year before he would break. Not sure why that happened.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like I said, the offensive line improved. Whitworth is a very good player and he makes everyone else on the line better as well... like G-Rob, since he's moving away from LT will improve him, for example.

My biggest issue is Jared Goff. The guy was so bad last season.... yea I know he was a rookie, but the point still stands. And we still don't have a legitimate receiving threat.... so I don't see why a defense wouldn't heavily stack the box against us every game.

Even with an improved offensive line (still probably won't be all that great, tbh, but should be better), our passing game is butt cheeks and teams don't have to respect it. I'm sticking with that until Goff actually preforms at a high level.

EDIT: And if you look at my original post that started all this, I'm not downing Todd Gurley himself, I'm talking about the stuff around him on offense. I think it's outrageous to say we'll be looking for another RB.... Gurley is fine. The team (especially the QB) around him blows until they prove they don't.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: