You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 RBs Going Into '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManeLine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. David Johnson
3. Ezekiel Elliot
4. Lesean McCoy
5. Jordan Howard
6. Devonta Freeman
7. Todd Gurley
8. Demarco Murray
9. Jay Ajayi
10. Mark Ingram

one of the weakest positions overall in the league honestly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshawn Lynch and that Raiders OL-- Doesn't take a genius to figure out-
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshallplan wrote:

Playing devil's advocate:

31 year old running back who's been out the the game for a year-- Doesn't take a genius to figure out-
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
marshallplan wrote:

31 year old running back who's been out the the game for a year-- Doesn't take a genius to figure out-

Yeah, I feel like Lynch is boom or bust. He either will be close to what he was, or he won't be. Obviously, I wouldn't put him in here now.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or somewhere in between
marshallplan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
marshallplan wrote:

Demarco Murray will turn 30 right around the SB

Philly gave up on him after a year and he went on to Tenn to finish 3rd in the NFL in rushing- When in Philly he lost almost a whole yard in avg yards per attempt vs his time in Dallas- goes to a much better OL in Tenn and gets back up into the mid 4's

The OL plays a big part in how RB's perform- If Lynch were to have signed with a team that struggles in run blocking, yeah- I could see him struggle- or any RB for that matter-

But he's going to arguably the best OL in the NFL- Oakland had 2 rookie RB's that popped off 5 yards a carry- Hell, Latavious Murray avg 4 yards a carry behind Oaklands line and he's below avg at best -

If Lynch stays healthy he'll get in the upper 4's if not clip 5 yard on avg per carry- Oakland does like to use different RB's in different situations so that might cut into Lynch's carries-

If Lynch gets somewhere around 250 carries he'll put up similar numbers that Jordan Howard did last year- Lynch stays healthy and he'll rank in the top 5 in rushing yards when the 2017 ends-
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people suggestion AP not be in the top 10 going into the 2017 season? That is crazy talk. I am afraid of what he will do with a year off and rested. I mean, look what he did after tearing his ACL...I'd hate to doubt him at all after that.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Why are people suggestion AP not be in the top 10 going into the 2017 season? That is crazy talk. I am afraid of what he will do with a year off and rested. I mean, look what he did after tearing his ACL...I'd hate to doubt him at all after that.

People using Oakland's line to pump up Lynch yet the Saints have the best run blocking unit in the NFL... it's strange. And it's not like Lynch was tearing it up the year before retiring either.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshallplan wrote:

Demarco Murray will turn 30 right around the SB

Lynch has 700 more carries though. LeSean McCoy or Frank Gore would be better examples, however both of those backs have shown an uncanny ability to stay healthy. Neither back has missed more than 4 games in any season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People aren't projecting AP as a Top 10 back becausr he'll be splitting carries with ingram who was a beast last year.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
People aren't projecting AP as a Top 10 back becausr he'll be splitting carries with ingram who was a beast last year.

Tim freaking Hightower got 133 carries last year. AP should be in line for 150 carries at least.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

People using Oakland's line to pump up Lynch yet the Saints have the best run blocking unit in the NFL... it's strange. And it's not like Lynch was tearing it up the year before retiring either.

Lynch only played in 6 games- he only had 110 carries, he did avg close to 4 yards a carry tho'- Seahawks OL is not even on the same planet as Oaklands-

The year before that he avg 4.7 yards a carry, 1,300 yards and 17 TD's...

Lynch was in the top 7 in rushing 4 years straight before he got hurt in 2015

Lynch was hurt in 2015- had a hernia surgery- I assume you didn't do your research-
Nzd07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshallplan wrote:
Nzd07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Lynch only played in 6 games- he only had 110 carries, he did avg close to 4 yards a carry tho'- Seahawks OL is not even on the same planet as Oaklands-

Lynch was hurt in 2015- had a hernia surgery- I assume you didn't do your research-

Seattle's run blocking unit was still good in 2015. Thomas Rawls looked like a stud behind that line. Can you at least admit that there's a decent chance that Lynch is washed up?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
marshallplan wrote:
Nzd07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Seattle's run blocking unit was still good in 2015. Thomas Rawls looked like a stud behind that line. Can you at least admit that there's a decent chance that Lynch is washed up?

Show me one year where he played 16 games and put up less than 1,000 yards and I'll admit there's a chance he's washed up...

HE ONLY PLAYED IN 6 GAMES IN 2015- WHY IS THIS DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO GRASP?

Do really expect any RB to put up 1,000 yards in 6 games?

If you're gonna use that assumption- Then I suggest you go look at Lynchs 1st year in Seattle in 2010- He played in only 11 games.. 500 something yards, very avg year- nothing special right?... and so what did he do the next 4 years?

Every indication from camp is that Lynch is in the best shapes he's been in the last couple years- The guy is focused, determined to Beast again-

Look, we can go round and round on this, what I'm tellin you is that if the dude stays healthy and plays 16 games- he'll finish in the top 10 in rushing in 2017- If not the top 5... We'll revisit this thread at the end of the year and see who was right- Me or you-
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch could maybe be a top 10 guy, but I don't even think the Lynch of 2014 would be a lock to be a top 5 RB this year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: