You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The E3 2017 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E3 2017: Forza 7 Revealed, Runs At Native 4K/60FPS On Xbox One X
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-forza-7-revealed-runs-at-native-4k60fps-on/1100-6450745/

Quote:
hat’s all the more impressive when you consider that the Xbox One X is also the most powerful gaming console ever, capable of delivering smooth 60 frames per second gaming experiences at 4K resolution in some games, like Forza Motorsport 7. The original Xbox One and PlayStation 4 struggled to hit 60fps in games at 1080p! Don’t expect the Xbox One X to hit 4K/60 in every game, though 4K/30 should likely be an achievable goal across the board.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3200805/gaming/hands-on-microsofts-xbox-one-x-is-a-tiny-console-with-big-4k-gaming-potential.html

Quote:
Its power and Xbox's optimisation means that it is capable of outputting "true 4K" — something Xbox is talking up a lot — at 60fps and with HDR support.
Read more at https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/06/the-xbox-one-x-is-the-smallest-xbox-ever-and-the-most-powerful-console-ever/#KphqM6P5zWJ8CdCh.99

Quote:
Path of Exile is coming to Xbox, and according to the game’s developer, they had the game running on Xbox One X in 4K and 60FPS two hours after receiving the Xbox One X development kit.

http://wccftech.com/path-exile-xbox-one-x-4k60fps-two-hours/

This is not 4k, but it is kinda relevant:

Quote:
Studio Wildcard's Jesse Rapczak was recently on the E3 2017 Live Show with Geoff Keighley, where he said that they're aiming for 60FPS on Xbox One X, and that 60FPS was "not possible" on the PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro users can run 60FPS, but only at 720p where we'll see ARK running at 1080p 60FPS on close to Epic settings on Xbox One X. During the interview, Rapczak said: "It's amazing. It's basically like Epic settings on PC, we're targeting 60FPS. We recently introduced variable frame rate, but on Xbox One X with the extra horsepower, you'll notice less variation in your frame rate even in busy situations".

Rapczak added: ":The PS4 Pro also has improved frame rate when compared to PS4. Before the XB1X, it was the best console version of ARK, but it's hard to argue with that 6 teraflops [laughs]. Having the same frame rate in our game isn't really possible, there are a couple reasons for that: the XB1X not only has a faster CPU than PS4 Pro, it also has a lot more RAM. I'd say there's a 50% performance difference".

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57990/ark-dev-xbox-one-horsepower-phenomenal/index.html

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Native 4K @ 30 is pretty good for $500. 60 would make it the greatest performance per dollar in gaming history.

My expectations is:

Xbox exclusives will run 4k 60FPS
Multi plats will run 4k 30FPS with more stable FPS, better load times, and possibly higher graphical fidelity than their PS4 counter parts.

Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Quote:
But Spencer is addressing a larger, even more troubling point. When he talks about “holding back the technical innovation of game developers based on a marketing deal,” he’s responding to Eurogamer’s original question about whether or not these Sony-deal-having games will get to make the most out of Xbox One X on the performance side. In this instance, it seems likely that say, Destiny 2 could probably run at 60 fps on Xbox One X even if that’s not possible on PS4 or PS4 Pro. But because of this inked deal with Activision, there is probably a stipulation that denies Microsoft the “best” version of the game, and lo and behold, the official word is that Destiny 2 is locked at 30 fps across all consoles (it’s not limited on PC).

Interesting tidbit from that article. Unconfirmed of course, but shouldn't surprise anyone if true. Could be an entirely new level of peasantry, a peasant Civil War if you will, where one group of peasants is dirtier while the other is at least heading towards ascension.
This has been happening since the dawn of the console wars. If you are releasing a game multiplat, you develop it to be identical on all plats. So you are always dumbing down to the lowest level. The Original Xbox multiplat games were dumbed down to PS2 capability. Then PS3 multiplat was dumbed down to the 360. This generation hasn't seen the dumbing down really bc the consoles were virtually identical at launch. The PS4 pro upscales to 4k and only exclusives have been made native. X1X will likely see the same when it launches. PC has always been different. The reasoning is that it's expected that there will be a lot of different setups and capability so any game developed for PC is easily scalable.

One thing on this, is in the Giant Bomb interview...Phil Spencer says that so far they went to a lot of devs who have 4k versions of their game on PC and they are porting that over to XOX in a couple of days so far (I think he said specifically Arc with that)

But i'm sure various devs will do whatever is easiest for them.
Since a lot of PC versions get delayed or just pushed back, it could be something where the native 4k 60fps versions come to XOX in time. And for the first couple of weeks it is just upscaled checkerboard 4k like PS4Pro. If they are just trying to get them up and running on each console.

Who knows.

It is weird that Bungie is positive in some ways about specs (can't do 60 fps), but won't make promises like 4k on XOX despite them already announcing it for a platform with notably less power.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#nintendo

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-on-switch-voice-chat-lack-o-1796147494

On the risk Switch owners take that if they lose their system, they will lose their save files, which currently can’t be backed up.

Totilo: We at Kotaku have heard the feedback—and I’ve even worried about it myself–that the lack of cloud save and even the back-up option I can do with my 3DS [can cost people their save files if they lose their Switch]… do you guys hear that message?

Fils-Aime: We do.

Totilo: Can you say that there’s a solution coming?

Fils-Aime: I can’t say there’s a solution coming, but we do hear the message.

Laughing

D#######
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Fils Aime is my dawg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Absolute beast at making a lot of words without actually saying anything.

D#######
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Absolute beast at making a lot of words without actually saying anything.
Yea lol. I've watched a ton of his interviews and most of it is all fluff, but it sounds so good and he's so positive. It's just great.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Days Gone looks soooooo good. Saw that it may not even be released until 2019 but something to look forward to I guess lol.

1) I hate shooting games.

2) I hate zombie games.

However, this game looks spectacular.

I get why you would say that. It's kinda recycled at this point but it still doesn't mean there's not potential. The Last of Us was absolutely stellar. This does look insanely good though

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Days Gone looks soooooo good. Saw that it may not even be released until 2019 but something to look forward to I guess lol.

2) I hate zombie games.

I get why you would say that. It's kinda recycled at this point but it still doesn't mean there's not potential. The Last of Us was absolutely stellar. This does look insanely good though

I feel like several genres are kind of played out at this point and others barely exist. Specifically, zombies and modern shooters are done to death but things like westerns and pirate games barely exist.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

2) I hate zombie games.

I feel like several genres are kind of played out at this point and others barely exist. Specifically, zombies and modern shooters are done to death but things like westerns and pirate games barely exist.

There's only so much you can do. Eventually it's all going to be recycled b/c there's only so many subjects to make games about. If you can make likable characters, fun game play, and a good story line, I don't think anything else really matters.... at least to me. I'll play anything entertaining

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

PC World tries to duplicate the XBX in a computer. The closest they could come was $950 and that had less ram and no controller.

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

PC World tries to duplicate the XBX in a computer. The closest they could come was $950 and that had less ram and no controller.
Yet the games are capped at 30 fps and some at 60 fps... lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing about the new Gran Turismo? Been waiting for that game forever.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Yet the games are capped at 30 fps and some at 60 fps... lol

What?

Edit - I meant what to the LOL part. Its not Xbox capping them. If you want to blame anyone, blame the game companies. Also, that $950 game at most could only do 4k 30fps, the XBX can do 60FPS on at least some games.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"From a developer's standpoint, [Xbox One X] is the most developer-friendly console we have ever worked with," he said. "Not just because the hardware is super over-powered--which it is. I don't understand how they ... it's like a high-end PC crammed into this tiny little box."

--------------------------

The power of the Xbox One X allows Super Lucky's Tale to run at 4K/60FPS, which Bettner told us is a big deal for platformers.

"The fact the game is running in 60 frames per second is probably actually the most impactful thing for a platforming game," Bettner explained. "It gives you this precision and it really benefits the game like this that's a lot about timing and about controlling this character--and it just feels great.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-xbox-one-x-is-like-a-high-end-pc-developer/1100-6451009/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_content=59442ab304d30111cc551a81&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Quote:
Yeah, it’s a crazy powerful box, it will be the prettiest possible version of the game [Editor’s note: among consoles]. We have some devkits which also load a lot faster, while in development it’s extra nice to load a giant world in a matter of seconds so we can iterate faster. But it will also have faster loading times for players, I think that one of the big things in this console generation is that we got a lot more memory, but in a lot of games I played loading times got longer rather than shorter.

It’s nice to see them push on this side of the technology.

http://wccftech.com/monolith-shadow-of-war-native-4k-xb1x/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: