You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The E3 2017 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXsteeler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Oh. Nope, not like that. I don't love the Elder Scrolls games because it's basically you just completing the same type of missions over and over again and exploring and finding cool things. In The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect, your decisions and actions actually had consequences.
What major consequences were there in the Witcher 3?

The only that really changes is small interactions with Ciri. Confused

I didn't finish the game but got most of the way through it, the most striking thing I can think of was a quest where you have to decide whether or not to trust some spirit and either kill it or let it go, If you let it go it turns out to be bad and kills a bunch of people in the future or something, it doesn't even effect gameplay something just pops up and tells you about how your action effects things down the road because TW3 is a story of past events being told.

In Mass effect there are similar non gameplay affecting story events and of course you can get some squadmates killed but I would say non of those things are any different from something like the civil war questline or vampire/dawnguard, in fact they impact direct gameplay and story less than the choices in Skyrim.

A very weird reason to like one game over another because it appears to be objectively untrue, unless you can drastically change the end of the story or something in TW3.
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Oh. Nope, not like that. I don't love the Elder Scrolls games because it's basically you just completing the same type of missions over and over again and exploring and finding cool things. In The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect, your decisions and actions actually had consequences.

I didn't finish the game but got most of the way through it, the most striking thing I can think of was a quest where you have to decide whether or not to trust some spirit and either kill it or let it go, If you let it go it turns out to be bad and kills a bunch of people in the future or something, it doesn't even effect gameplay something just pops up and tells you about how your action effects things down the road because TW3 is a story of past events being told.

In Mass effect there are similar non gameplay affecting story events and of course you can get some squadmates killed but I would say non of those things are any different from something like the civil war questline or vampire/dawnguard, in fact they impact direct gameplay and story less than the choices in Skyrim.

A very weird reason to like one game over another because it appears to be objectively untrue, unless you can drastically change the end of the story or something in TW3.

One decision results in the Red Baron hanging himself or surviving and it hurt so much that I did the one that resulting in him dying. I liked the guy
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in spiderman by insomniac. Spiderman on the PS2 was a great game, never had something that quite captured that fun factor since (for a spidey game).
TXsteeler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

One decision results in the Red Baron hanging himself or surviving and it hurt so much that I did the one that resulting in him dying. I liked the guy

Hmm, pretty interesting. I did the opposite choice I guess, Even still I would hardly classify that as anything much different from any choices in Skyrim. In fact most "Choices have consequences" RPG's pretty full of it. I've never been that impressed by any of them in terms of how much they actually effect the game compared to what devs promise.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
In fact most "Choices have consequences" RPG's pretty full of it. I've never been that impressed by any of them in terms of how much they actually effect the game compared to what devs promise.

Skyrim got pretty close with Dawnguard.

With Bethesda's "you can do anything and everything" mantra, I doubt we'll ever truly get a C&C type of ES game. And that's fine with me. They put so much detail into everything that it more than makes up for it.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
The new FarCry trailer is sick - seems like it's going to be a game based around a cult from Montana.

https://abload.de/img/img_4151ixywp.jpg

This looks fantastic
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
Hmm, pretty interesting. I did the opposite choice I guess, Even still I would hardly classify that as anything much different from any choices in Skyrim. In fact most "Choices have consequences" RPG's pretty full of it. I've never been that impressed by any of them in terms of how much they actually effect the game compared to what devs promise.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
You've been proven wrong twice now, and still nobody has mentioned the fact that you can literally get an ending where both Ciri and Geralt die.

Skyrim had nothing remotely close to the types of reactions and consequences your decisions in Mass Effect or Witcher 3 had. Just concede this one.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:

You've been proven wrong twice now, and still nobody has mentioned the fact that you can literally get an ending where both Ciri and Geralt die.

Skyrim had nothing remotely close to the types of reactions and consequences your decisions in Mass Effect or Witcher 3 had. Just concede this one.
So you're talking about games where the ending credits are different? Cuz they're are some of those.

Fallout 3 did that. Confused

And again, it doesn't actually effect the story and was Ciri based. The most it does is change interactions at the end of Blood and Wine.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:

I mean. Skyrim had the civil war, where you could choose either side. Dawnguard had separate questlines depending on which side you chose. You could play through the Dark Brotherhood or kill them all. You could kill Cicero at the end of the Dark Brotherhood or let him live.

Or you could choose to ignore any or all quests.

There were some choices to be made in Skyrim with a few consequences.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only games where actions have weight are CRPG's. Other than that, in pretty much every other game, it's window dressing or a different ending scene out of 2-3 and that's it.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
The only games where actions have weight are CRPG's. Other than that, in pretty much every other game, it's window dressing or a different ending scene out of 2-3 and that's it.

Probably, but the point remains The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect had more than typical games, and especially more than Skyrim. Those types of games are the only ones I'm interested in right now.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Probably, but the point remains The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect had more than typical games, and especially more than Skyrim. Those types of games are the only ones I'm interested in right now.

Eh, Mass Effect was almost entirely window dressing, they did basically nothing with the "consequences" thing, and Witcher like I said, is just "which ending slide do you get".

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Eh, Mass Effect was almost entirely window dressing, they did basically nothing with the "consequences" thing, and Witcher like I said, is just "which ending slide do you get".

It's neither of those things in either example for one reason... The games do a good enough job of making you care about all of the characters and how their fates turn out.

So I guess the one thing that makes me not so excited about Elder Scrolls 6 is that not one of those games has ever made me give one single crap about one single character. Not even the main character.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

It's neither of those things in either example for one reason... The games do a good enough job of making you care about all of the characters and how their fates turn out.

So I guess the one thing that makes me not so excited about Elder Scrolls 6 is that not one of those games has ever made me give one single crap about one single character. Not even the main character.

That's a completely different argument then what you were making.

Again, that's because Bethesda games are about pure "Freedom" as opposed to other series. Each game is it's own story so that it won't be completely necessary to play the previous ones in order to enjoy it.

Your talking about games that are story driven. And in that case you have to take note the reason for that. The Witcher series is, in fact, an actual story. They didn't have to do much writing overall; It was already written for them. They changed small aspects to create their own tale but the characters and their personalities were already set in stone. In fact the only real thing they changed was Ciri's relationship to the emperor.

Those don't mean they have decision based endings.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:

You're the main character in TES games. Laughing

And there were quite a few characters that were fleshed out really well in Skyrim. Whether or not you care about them or whatever is your decision. But it's not due to lack of development.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: