You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 CBs Going Into '17
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 7898
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Top 10 CBs Going Into '17 Reply with quote

List your top 10 CBs going into the 2017 season. Consider overall ranking, while factoring in last season as well....

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Aqib Talib
3. Chris Harris
4. Richard Sherman
5. Josh Norman
6. DRC
7. Marcus Peters
8. Xavier Rhodes
9. Vontae Davis
10a. Darius Slay
10b. Jimmy Smith
_________________

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Status:IR'd. All but gone...


Smack Ink


Last edited by patsfan25 on Mon May 22, 2017 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10605
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Top 10 CBs Going Into '17 Reply with quote

1. Richard Sherman
2. Patrick Peterson
3. Chris Harris Jr.
4. Josh Norman
5. Janoris Jenkins
6. Aquib Talib
7. Marcus Peters
8. Xavier Rhodes
9. Casey Hayward
10. Jalen Ramsey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13515
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5:

1) Peterson
2) Talib
3) Sherman
4) Norman
5) Harris
6) Peters
7) Rhodes
Cool Jenkins
9) Slay
10) Ramsey
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
raiderrocker18


Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 5148
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Top 5:

1) Peterson
2) Talib
3) Sherman
4) Norman
5) Harris
6) Peters
7) Rhodes
Cool Jenkins
9) Slay
10) Ramsey
thats a very long top 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13849
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
tom cody wrote:
Top 5:

1) Peterson
2) Talib
3) Sherman
4) Norman
5) Harris
6) Peters
7) Rhodes
Cool Jenkins
9) Slay
10) Ramsey
thats a very long top 5

_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 11036
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Peterson
2. Harris
3. Talib
4. Sherman
5. Peters
6. Trufant
7. Rhodes
8. Verrett
9. DRC
10. Jenkins

HM: Ramsey, Hayward, Norman, Slay

Damn, there are alot of good CBs these days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to Rhodes. I was harsh on him back in the day.

All he needs to do now is stay healthy!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Peterson
2. Sherman
3. Peters
4. Talib
5. Norman
6. Harris
7. Rhodes
8. Slay
9. Trufant
10. Ramsey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8923
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Sherman
2.Peters
3. Peterson
4. Talib
5. Ramsey
7. Trufant
8. Harris
9. Rhodes
10. Norman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KennyBania


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 3953
Location: I ain't sayin' nuthin
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who can not only effectively guard the boundary, but more impressively (and difficultly) the slot deserves the nod for best corner in football.

Chris Harris Jr., in my opinion.

I also may be in the minority, but I find Sherman overrated.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18592
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Top 5:

1) Peterson
2) Talib
3) Sherman
4) Norman
5) Harris
6) Peters
7) Rhodes
8 ) Jenkins
9) Slay
10) Ramsey


I may switch a few players around but this would be my top 10. Good list
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ComebackKid


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 2024
Location: Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Aqib Talib
3. Richard Sherman
4. Chris Harris Jr.
5. Jimmy Smith (Hate to say it, really good when healthy.)
6. Marcus Peters
7. Xavier Rhodes
8. Janoris Jenkins
9. Jalen Ramsey
10. Josh Norman
_________________

🐝🐝🐝 TRIPLE BEES 🐝🐝🐝
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensDefense3


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2337
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComebackKid wrote:
1. Patrick Peterson
2. Aqib Talib
3. Richard Sherman
4. Chris Harris Jr.
5. Jimmy Smith (Hate to say it, really good when healthy.)
6. Marcus Peters
7. Xavier Rhodes
8. Janoris Jenkins
9. Jalen Ramsey
10. Josh Norman


He didn't have one bad game last season, 1 td allowed, and no deep balls allowed. Jimmy and Xavier Rhodes are really underrated around here for some reason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 15324
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
ComebackKid wrote:
1. Patrick Peterson
2. Aqib Talib
3. Richard Sherman
4. Chris Harris Jr.
5. Jimmy Smith (Hate to say it, really good when healthy.)
6. Marcus Peters
7. Xavier Rhodes
8. Janoris Jenkins
9. Jalen Ramsey
10. Josh Norman


He didn't have one bad game last season, 1 td allowed, and no deep balls allowed. Jimmy and Xavier Rhodes are really underrated around here for some reason.


He had an underwhelming 2015, one of his only full seasons, and in the seasons surrounding that in 2014 and 2016, while he did play well, he did not play so well as to standout in comparison to players playing well a full 16 games.

Xavier Rhodes is mostly recognized here, though he is definitely underrated more widely.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensDefense3


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2337
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
ComebackKid wrote:
1. Patrick Peterson
2. Aqib Talib
3. Richard Sherman
4. Chris Harris Jr.
5. Jimmy Smith (Hate to say it, really good when healthy.)
6. Marcus Peters
7. Xavier Rhodes
8. Janoris Jenkins
9. Jalen Ramsey
10. Josh Norman


He didn't have one bad game last season, 1 td allowed, and no deep balls allowed. Jimmy and Xavier Rhodes are really underrated around here for some reason.


He had an underwhelming 2015, one of his only full seasons, and in the seasons surrounding that in 2014 and 2016, while he did play well, he did not play so well as to standout in comparison to players playing well a full 16 games.

Xavier Rhodes is mostly recognized here, though he is definitely underrated more widely.
he was lockdown in 2014 and last season. In 2014 our defense sucked so he went unrecognized. This season we were ranked 1 and 2 weekly on defense until he went down, our defense noticed a significant difference. Even in 2015 during his "bad" year he was returning from a ankle injury and he played at a high level the 2nd half of that year. We've also historically been great at containing antonio brown and huge part of that is jimmy(antonio has like 2 tds in the last 12 or so games vs ravens) You saw what happened the last time we played antonio brown he went off. Coincidentally jimmy didnt play that game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group