You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AG20's Draft Takes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skibrett15

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTB Montravious Adams Notes.
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdMathews wrote:
This may have been posted somewhere already, haven't been around much lately, but this pretty much says what I believe regarding Capers. I know it's not particularly popular to criticize him on this forum, but boy I wish he was gone.

http://packersnotes.com/2017/05/defending-the-indefensible/

It's not Capers criticism that's unpopular; it's the constant complaining about him by posters that seem to have nothing new, interesting, or worthwhile to bring to the table and don't seem to contribute at all to any other conversations (except perhaps to offer their equally hot takes on our interior linebackers situation).

The linked page is niether insightful nor interesting. The most noteworthy thing about it is that someone who claims to have 20 years of english teaching experience thinks that that was something worthy of being shared with the world.

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeshoppe wrote:
EdMathews wrote:
This may have been posted somewhere already, haven't been around much lately, but this pretty much says what I believe regarding Capers. I know it's not particularly popular to criticize him on this forum, but boy I wish he was gone.

It's not Capers criticism that's unpopular; it's the constant complaining about him by posters that seem to have nothing new, interesting, or worthwhile to bring to the table and don't seem to contribute at all to any other conversations (except perhaps to offer their equally hot takes on our interior linebackers situation).

The linked page is niether insightful nor interesting. The most noteworthy thing about it is that someone who claims to have 20 years of english teaching experience thinks that that was something worthy of being shared with the world.

Adding on, I think people have generally applauded the work our position coordinators have done with our players. We've seen progression come from every level of the defense, and much of that can be attributed to the great coaching they get. Every coach has their flaws, and while I personally believe that the defense could use a fresh breath of air calling the plays, unless you promote from within, and weaken that role, you potentially lose the entire staff.

Lets be honest here, maybe 1% or less of people commenting have any knowledge firsthand or even secondhand from inside the organization. We don't know if players love playing for Dom, if he makes coaches lifes easier, or any of the other variables that come into play while working with somebody or employing somebody. Calling plays is one facet of the job, and if you want to fire him from his job, be prepared to lose valuable assistant coaches as well.

I don't think anybody is talking about firing Dom and replacing him from within. Most of the comments fail to even mention who they feel would make a better DC - and no - "literally anybody else" is not the correct answer there. Dom has clear flaws, but there is far more to changing an entire scheme during the offseason that people do not acknowledge.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Cakeshoppe wrote:
EdMathews wrote:

Adding on, I think people have generally applauded the work our position coordinators have done with our players. We've seen progression come from every level of the defense, and much of that can be attributed to the great coaching they get. Every coach has their flaws, and while I personally believe that the defense could use a fresh breath of air calling the plays, unless you promote from within, and weaken that role, you potentially lose the entire staff.

Lets be honest here, maybe 1% or less of people commenting have any knowledge firsthand or even secondhand from inside the organization. We don't know if players love playing for Dom, if he makes coaches lifes easier, or any of the other variables that come into play while working with somebody or employing somebody. Calling plays is one facet of the job, and if you want to fire him from his job, be prepared to lose valuable assistant coaches as well.

I don't think anybody is talking about firing Dom and replacing him from within. Most of the comments fail to even mention who they feel would make a better DC - and no - "literally anybody else" is not the correct answer there. Dom has clear flaws, but there is far more to changing an entire scheme during the offseason that people do not acknowledge.

The emboldened part is often over-looked. Darren Perry has done a great job with that secondary and Mike Trgovac has excelled with the DL to a lesser extent. I think the only real complaint you can lodge with Dom at this point is just the inconsistency of the overall scheme(week-to-week really) and decision making. It's been better as of recent, but I loathed the excuses given in years past of "we don't have the players" or "we don't have the right guys." Totally pathetic; very sad. You work with what you got and you scheme with what you got. New England's been doing it for years. Regardless of what talent they may or may not have, they've come together pretty well during crunch time and haven't posed a clearl liability. We haven't seen that consistency and that alone should be the one clear knock on Dom.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: