You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woodard and Bennett cleared to practice

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abidingdude

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Woodard and Bennett cleared to practice Reply with quote

Jonathan Woodard and Michael Bennett will both have uphill battles to make the 53 but are both healthy in time to push the guys (presumably) ahead of them on the depth chart.

Neither of them are necessarily "long-shots" to stick around, but the number of talented players at strong-side end and 3 tech DT are certainly higher in 2017 than last year and they'll have to earn back-up roles convincingly.

On Bennett:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars-dt-michael-bennett-last-years-season-ending-injury-was-a-blessing-in-disguise/440568739

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Bennett and Day can provide so help inside

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that like the time it was possibly a "blessing in disguise" for Fowler to miss his entire rookie season so he could get stronger/faster/more technically refined? Laughing
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Is that like the time it was possibly a "blessing in disguise" for Fowler to miss his entire rookie season so he could get stronger/faster/more technically refined? Laughing

Totally, like i hit a deer with my car and totaled it...but now i don't have to pay for gas

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:

Nice. Just hit us where it stings the most lol.

I say this now and I'll be correct. Fowler will NOT be a good hand in the dirt DE. Fowler must be moved around and positioned (catered to) in order to succeed.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Totally, like i hit a deer with my car and totaled it...but now i don't have to pay for gas

Real story: I totaled my car in November 2014... I had just filled up the tank that day. I was pretty annoyed.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Real story: I totaled my car in November 2014... I had just filled up the tank that day. I was pretty annoyed.

Siphon the gas out. Use it to burn the insurance company to the ground.

Best possible course of action.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Nice. Just hit us where it stings the most lol.

I say this now and I'll be correct. Fowler will NOT be a good hand in the dirt DE. Fowler must be moved around and positioned (catered to) in order to succeed.

Yeah. I think that's become pretty clear. I mean, it really was sorta only his rookie season and it's tough for rookie pass rushers...but there wasn't a lot there that screamed elite edge rushing threat in a 4-3, even as a LEO.

However...it doesn't have to be the end of the world. I mean, look at a guy like Von Miller who thrived getting a bunch of snaps as basically a SAM at times. Or even the guy drafted after Fowler, Vic...who likewise, spends a lot of time hanging out as a LBer and getting work done. Or Bruce Irvin to name another. That seems to me like the sort of role that Fowler is probably going to be the most useful as a pass rusher. Let him get a bit of a run at it, that's where he generates a ton of power and brute force.

Heck, go all out and use him like the Gators did for all it matters. It's a bit harder to accomplish those kind of substitutions to get him those reps in the NFL, but with the way our LBer corps and DLine is shaping up, it might actually make it easier to disguise out of the huddle and sneak him on there. Bring him off the edge, or drop him in a zone. Blitz him from the Mike spot and just sit back and laugh. Do all the things with him. He's got some talent...it's just gonna take a bit of creativity to use that.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Siphon the gas out. Use it to burn the insurance company to the ground.

Best possible course of action.

I work for an insurance company and it's not a bad idea

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: