You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Xavier Woods vs. Kavon Frazier?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Think Is Currently The Better Player?
Xavier Woods
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Kavon Frazier
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Xavier Woods vs. Kavon Frazier? Reply with quote

Which of these two do you think is currently the better player?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TD-ES-JJ


Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 2147
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea...need to see them on the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
I have no idea...need to see them on the field.


That's fair.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Woods was drafted #191 in a VERY deep DB class, and we traded a 5th for him so the team basically spent 2 picks on him. Plus he was in discussion for the 4th round pick that we took Switzer with.

Frazier was picked #212 in a normal class and DB depth, and the team wasn't trading up for him.

It's safe to assume that if the two players were in the same draft the Cowboys would select Woods first, and I believe he has a little more talent than Frazier based on that.

However, any advantage that Woods had/has over Frazier coming out may be negated now because Frazier has been in our system for a year and has been a pro for awhile now. So the talent gap may be closed for a little while.

It'll be a fun competition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 18607
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Well, Woods was drafted #191 in a VERY deep DB class, and we traded a 5th for him so the team basically spent 2 picks on him. Plus he was in discussion for the 4th round pick that we took Switzer with.

Frazier was picked #212 in a normal class and DB depth, and the team wasn't trading up for him.

It's safe to assume that if the two players were in the same draft the Cowboys would select Woods first, and I believe he has a little more talent than Frazier based on that.

However, any advantage that Woods had/has over Frazier coming out may be negated now because Frazier has been in our system for a year and has been a pro for awhile now. So the talent gap may be closed for a little while.

It'll be a fun competition.


Cowboys gave both players 4th round grades. I think there's enough evidence to safely say that they would have chosen Woods over Frazier in the same draft class, but it would have been pretty close. Who knows how Frazier has progressed, but it shouldn't be surprising if a year in the system gives him the edge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods' tackling technique irritates me. Reminds me too much of Roy Williams, but sometimes that can be a good thing I guess.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26321
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big fan of Frazier coming out, so I'll be rooting for him to get some playing time for you guys. Athletically, he has everything you need and is a good tackler
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I was a big fan of Frazier coming out, so I'll be rooting for him to get some playing time for you guys. Athletically, he has everything you need and is a good tackler


Yeah, I like his tackling ability as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Woods was the #77 prospect on PFF's big board. Maybe he is higher on the depth chart than Frazier, and maybe he does become the starter at some point this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Xavier Woods was the #77 prospect on PFF's big board. Maybe he is higher on the depth chart than Frazier, and maybe he does become the starter at some point this year.


Now you got it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Xavier Woods was the #77 prospect on PFF's big board. Maybe he is higher on the depth chart than Frazier, and maybe he does become the starter at some point this year.


Now you got it.


Still don't like his tackling technique though. However, the fact that he can play some in he slot is a plus.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Xavier Woods was the #77 prospect on PFF's big board. Maybe he is higher on the depth chart than Frazier, and maybe he does become the starter at some point this year.


Now you got it.


Still don't like his tackling technique though. However, the fact that he can play some in he slot is a plus.


Thems a lot of interceptions for a college career. Gotta be sonething to him.

If anything he is a unique safety prospect from our status quo. Though poor tackling is not unique to any Dallas safety.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JShank


Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 734
Location: Palm Beach County FL
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboy's Defense NEEDS an enforcer. Someone, mentioned Roy Williams' tackling as a negative. . . Are you kidding me? He was so unduly hated on, he caused more turnovers than any other safety in the league not named Ed Reed. WR's feared him, they would alligator arm it over the middle. Oh, he was too aggressive a couple times and missed a tackle here and there. . . Yet, made up for it by being among the top 3 in tackles every year on our defense and caused big plays all the time.

He got fat, and lost his game in one off-season: Got Paid, Got Fat, Relationship with Kelly Row, became really religious etc. . . Could all be coincidence, but he was never the same player after that. You can say, he got exposed and couldn't cover TE's. . . but that would be ignoring the 4-5 years he held his own in coverage.

Rant over. JJ Wilcox was our enforcer, indeed, the best defender against ODB... Rolo McClain was also an enforcer. . . We need an enforcer, thus Wood's tackling technique, reckless abandon for his body, is the type of play we NEED. Frazier is not bad in that area either... But i think Woods can play the FS/ Deep Zone better than Frazier can.
_________________
Go Cowboys!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SweetFancyMoses


Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 52
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:
The Cowboy's Defense NEEDS an enforcer. Someone, mentioned Roy Williams' tackling as a negative. . . Are you kidding me? He was so unduly hated on, he caused more turnovers than any other safety in the league not named Ed Reed. WR's feared him, they would alligator arm it over the middle. Oh, he was too aggressive a couple times and missed a tackle here and there. . . Yet, made up for it by being among the top 3 in tackles every year on our defense and caused big plays all the time.

He got fat, and lost his game in one off-season: Got Paid, Got Fat, Relationship with Kelly Row, became really religious etc. . . Could all be coincidence, but he was never the same player after that. You can say, he got exposed and couldn't cover TE's. . . but that would be ignoring the 4-5 years he held his own in coverage.

Rant over. JJ Wilcox was our enforcer, indeed, the best defender against ODB... Rolo McClain was also an enforcer. . . We need an enforcer, thus Wood's tackling technique, reckless abandon for his body, is the type of play we NEED. Frazier is not bad in that area either... But i think Woods can play the FS/ Deep Zone better than Frazier can.


He played well when he Darren Woodson to play center field, while he focused on blowing people up. He took the worst, and laziest angles in coverage. Why do you think he hoarse collared so many players? Heck they made a rule because of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:
JShank wrote:
The Cowboy's Defense NEEDS an enforcer. Someone, mentioned Roy Williams' tackling as a negative. . . Are you kidding me? He was so unduly hated on, he caused more turnovers than any other safety in the league not named Ed Reed. WR's feared him, they would alligator arm it over the middle. Oh, he was too aggressive a couple times and missed a tackle here and there. . . Yet, made up for it by being among the top 3 in tackles every year on our defense and caused big plays all the time.

He got fat, and lost his game in one off-season: Got Paid, Got Fat, Relationship with Kelly Row, became really religious etc. . . Could all be coincidence, but he was never the same player after that. You can say, he got exposed and couldn't cover TE's. . . but that would be ignoring the 4-5 years he held his own in coverage.

Rant over. JJ Wilcox was our enforcer, indeed, the best defender against ODB... Rolo McClain was also an enforcer. . . We need an enforcer, thus Wood's tackling technique, reckless abandon for his body, is the type of play we NEED. Frazier is not bad in that area either... But i think Woods can play the FS/ Deep Zone better than Frazier can.


He played well when he Darren Woodson to play center field, while he focused on blowing people up. He took the worst, and laziest angles in coverage. Why do you think he hoarse collared so many players? Heck they made a rule because of him.


I liked him with Hamlin too. But just the first year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group