Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Caleb Brantley charges dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3344
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
All of a sudden we have the makings of a decent DL.

Ogbah-Shelton-Bryant-Garrett starting with Nassib, Ogunjobi, Brantley, Meder and Holmes (?) as backups is very nice.

Gotta wonder if we keep 9 DL though.



Are meder and Holmes PS eligible? I doubt they make the cut.


Not sure about Holmes, but I don't think Meder is.

Holmes talent wise is prolly the weak link, but he's the 4th DE, so I could see Meder mphaving a more difficult path.

That said, Meder is a proven entity (more so than Brantley and Ogunjobi) and at least can battle in the run game.

Would they consider using Des as a 4th DE and keeping Meder, Brantley and Ogunjobi?



I hope we keep des I have really liked his play, he has been one of our better defenders of recent years.

I have him ahead of Meder, used in rotation with Brantley as our ut or 3 tech. I think he could be a poor mans Gerald McCoy in the 4-3.

For our de's I have Garrett ogbah, nassib with a battle between Holmes orchard and udfa for the 4 th de spot. I have Holmes as the front runner and orchard getting the cut.
_________________
I survived Johannesburg, 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 5467
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

He is now easily the best steal of the draft. No injury or legal concerns. If he pans out our Dline is set!

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 28486
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how right after the draft I saw stories about how this pick kind of put a damper on the weekend. Eat [inappropriate/removed]
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 5743
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget we also have Xavier Cooper

He was a slightly undersized pass rushing DT in college and got stuck playing in a 3-4

He may also come in as a surprise
_________________
BwickBrownie wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
Would JPP fit in the 3-4??

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 12351
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Dont forget we also have Xavier Cooper

He was a slightly undersized pass rushing DT in college and got stuck playing in a 3-4

He may also come in as a surprise


I hope he can turn it around with the scheme change, but I have little hope for him. The rest of the defensive line has the potential to be downright scary, though.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15349
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Dont forget we also have Xavier Cooper

He was a slightly undersized pass rushing DT in college and got stuck playing in a 3-4

He may also come in as a surprise


I hope he can turn it around with the scheme change, but I have little hope for him. The rest of the defensive line has the potential to be downright scary, though.


Agreed.

I get that he didn't fit the schemes well, but I've not seen him flash yet. He's also not one of "their guys".
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 19108
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Medder makes it because he as far as I can see is the only true back up to Shelton, but I can see him being cut
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3344
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
I think Medder makes it because he as far as I can see is the only true back up to Shelton, but I can see him being cut


I think Larry O will be Dannys back up.
He is described as a 1 gap not a 3 tech.

our 1 gapers are danny and Larry, 3 techs Brantley, and des v Cooper. I don't think media makes it, though I do have him a head of cooper.
_________________
I survived Johannesburg, 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11450
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
I think Medder makes it because he as far as I can see is the only true back up to Shelton, but I can see him being cut


Ogunjobe will back him up on passing downs or when he needs a rest. He was miscast as a NT in a 3-4 and played admirable.

Dang if this ain't a start of something good on the dline

Hashtag giggidy
_________________

Thanks Reg!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40985
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Love how right after the draft I saw stories about how this pick kind of put a damper on the weekend. Eat [inappropriate/removed]


Gotta love those SJW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brooks1957


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 582
Location: Akron, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
All of a sudden we have the makings of a decent DL.

Ogbah-Shelton-Bryant-Garrett starting with Nassib, Ogunjobi, Brantley, Meder and Holmes (?) as backups is very nice.

Gotta wonder if we keep 9 DL though.


LGB - I think you are correct. Depending on other postions on the roster, I think eight is the max number of DLs we keep, if not seven. If we keep eight, I'd say that Trrone Holmes is the odd man out. If we only keep seven, it would be between Meder and Desmond Byant (age and salary).
_________________
"Relaunch Initiated - January 2016"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12828
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Love how right after the draft I saw stories about how this pick kind of put a damper on the weekend. Eat [inappropriate/removed]


Gotta love those SJW


It's how the duke lax fiasco happened
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40985
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brooks1957 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
All of a sudden we have the makings of a decent DL.

Ogbah-Shelton-Bryant-Garrett starting with Nassib, Ogunjobi, Brantley, Meder and Holmes (?) as backups is very nice.

Gotta wonder if we keep 9 DL though.


LGB - I think you are correct. Depending on other postions on the roster, I think eight is the max number of DLs we keep, if not seven. If we keep eight, I'd say that Trrone Holmes is the odd man out. If we only keep seven, it would be between Meder and Desmond Byant (age and salary).


I would also wait and see what happens for camp cuts and preseason cuts.

I just feel like there are going to be some surprising cuts made and with the Browns cap space they might be able to sign some guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7640
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgX wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Dont forget we also have Xavier Cooper

He was a slightly undersized pass rushing DT in college and got stuck playing in a 3-4

He may also come in as a surprise


I hope he can turn it around with the scheme change, but I have little hope for him. The rest of the defensive line has the potential to be downright scary, though.


Agreed.

I get that he didn't fit the schemes well, but I've not seen him flash yet. He's also not one of "their guys".


My money is on him not making it, Greg Williams watching all of his previous snaps, like myself, I bet he is going to be underwhelmed. He would have to play lights out to even make the team and even then that still will raise questions why he hasn't played with that same effort in previous years.
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7640
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
I think Medder makes it because he as far as I can see is the only true back up to Shelton, but I can see him being cut



To be honest, I don't know how Meder fits beyond being Shelton's back up, but then again you never know.
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group