Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign Blount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All valid. Just playing a little "what if".

And also, we see athletes announce retirement and for whatever reason they play another year or two. Sproles seems like a guy that is pretty content on his decision but we'll see. Ol' Billy Belichek comes a calling, you may have to answer.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to consider the size of three of our backs, the age of two of them and the other two not being proven, and Smallwood coming off an injury. With all this in mind, we have to keep four backs imo.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfl veterans seem to think highly of Carson Wentz i guess that's a good thing.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll keep 4

Lock:
Blount unless he's been eating too much at Celtics games getting fat
Sproles

-Smallwood if not healthy he could start the year on the PUP but could be the starting KR

-Pumphrey shows in camp, probably watching Sproles adjusting to the speed early on before contributing.

-Clement any contribution is unexpected

-Marshall just threw his name in for S&G
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really was hoping that the Giants would find a way to sign Blount. Thought he would have been a great fit for their offense.

Now I'll be reminded twice a year why we should of shelled out the extra money to sign him.

You guys also had a home run of a draft.....jealous.

Thanks IDOG_det
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Really was hoping that the Giants would find a way to sign Blount. Thought he would have been a great fit for their offense.

Now I'll be reminded twice a year why we should of shelled out the extra money to sign him.

Really you should just convert to being an Eagles fan..... Laughing

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:

I don't think Blount would be any good behind your o-line. He's like the poorest man's Brandon Jacobs. At least with the Eagles, our tackles can cave some skulls in and get some push, if he decides to actually run down hill, he should find some success in this offense.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
Darth JoneZ

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to be high on Smallwood, but to me it's just wishful thinking. Just because he looks like more like a prototypical starting running back in street clothes than the other guys doesn't make him good. He's passable but isn't very good at anything particular skill. He's not too fast, he's not especially agile, he's not a great blocker, he's not great at holding on to the ball, he's not great on screens, he's not especially big or strong. He doesn't even seem to have much drive or dedication.

If he hasn't totally reinvented himself come training camp he should be cut. As it stands now I can't possibly envision him contributing to the team in any meaningful way.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth JoneZ wrote:
Everyone seems to be high on Smallwood, but to me it's just wishful thinking. Just because he looks like more like a prototypical starting running back in street clothes than the other guys doesn't make him good. He's passable but isn't very good at anything particular skill. He's not too fast, he's not especially agile, he's not a great blocker, he's not great at holding on to the ball, he's not great on screens, he's not especially big or strong. He doesn't even seem to have much drive or dedication.

If he hasn't totally reinvented himself come training camp he should be cut. As it stands now I can't possibly envision him contributing to the team in any meaningful way.

Smallwood is meh. Not sure who is high on him.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Darth JoneZ wrote:

I don't see people hyping him up here but the average fan I do. Check bleeding green nations Facebook comments for example.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Darth JoneZ wrote:

He is by far the greatest football player who has ever lived. And it's not even close

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even people here were really high on Smallwood last year and I was always confused as to why.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: