Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign Blount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jroc04


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 13496
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All valid. Just playing a little "what if".

And also, we see athletes announce retirement and for whatever reason they play another year or two. Sproles seems like a guy that is pretty content on his decision but we'll see. Ol' Billy Belichek comes a calling, you may have to answer.
_________________

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1708
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to consider the size of three of our backs, the age of two of them and the other two not being proven, and Smallwood coming off an injury. With all this in mind, we have to keep four backs imo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42452
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfl veterans seem to think highly of Carson Wentz i guess that's a good thing.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 11612
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll keep 4

Lock:
Blount unless he's been eating too much at Celtics games getting fat
Sproles

-Smallwood if not healthy he could start the year on the PUP but could be the starting KR

-Pumphrey shows in camp, probably watching Sproles adjusting to the speed early on before contributing.

-Clement any contribution is unexpected

-Marshall just threw his name in for S&G
_________________
Take the training wheels off DougieP!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6558
Location: America
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really was hoping that the Giants would find a way to sign Blount. Thought he would have been a great fit for their offense.

Now I'll be reminded twice a year why we should of shelled out the extra money to sign him.

You guys also had a home run of a draft.....jealous.
_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesPeteC


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6158
Location: Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Really was hoping that the Giants would find a way to sign Blount. Thought he would have been a great fit for their offense.

Now I'll be reminded twice a year why we should of shelled out the extra money to sign him.

You guys also had a home run of a draft.....jealous.


Really you should just convert to being an Eagles fan..... Laughing
_________________

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 31375
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Really was hoping that the Giants would find a way to sign Blount. Thought he would have been a great fit for their offense.

Now I'll be reminded twice a year why we should of shelled out the extra money to sign him.

You guys also had a home run of a draft.....jealous.


I don't think Blount would be any good behind your o-line. He's like the poorest man's Brandon Jacobs. At least with the Eagles, our tackles can cave some skulls in and get some push, if he decides to actually run down hill, he should find some success in this offense.
_________________

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Darth JoneZ


Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Posts: 2144
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to be high on Smallwood, but to me it's just wishful thinking. Just because he looks like more like a prototypical starting running back in street clothes than the other guys doesn't make him good. He's passable but isn't very good at anything particular skill. He's not too fast, he's not especially agile, he's not a great blocker, he's not great at holding on to the ball, he's not great on screens, he's not especially big or strong. He doesn't even seem to have much drive or dedication.

If he hasn't totally reinvented himself come training camp he should be cut. As it stands now I can't possibly envision him contributing to the team in any meaningful way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14700
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth JoneZ wrote:
Everyone seems to be high on Smallwood, but to me it's just wishful thinking. Just because he looks like more like a prototypical starting running back in street clothes than the other guys doesn't make him good. He's passable but isn't very good at anything particular skill. He's not too fast, he's not especially agile, he's not a great blocker, he's not great at holding on to the ball, he's not great on screens, he's not especially big or strong. He doesn't even seem to have much drive or dedication.

If he hasn't totally reinvented himself come training camp he should be cut. As it stands now I can't possibly envision him contributing to the team in any meaningful way.

Smallwood is meh. Not sure who is high on him.
_________________
EagleDeegle wrote:
Trm, you my favorite poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1708
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Darth JoneZ wrote:
Everyone seems to be high on Smallwood, but to me it's just wishful thinking. Just because he looks like more like a prototypical starting running back in street clothes than the other guys doesn't make him good. He's passable but isn't very good at anything particular skill. He's not too fast, he's not especially agile, he's not a great blocker, he's not great at holding on to the ball, he's not great on screens, he's not especially big or strong. He doesn't even seem to have much drive or dedication.

If he hasn't totally reinvented himself come training camp he should be cut. As it stands now I can't possibly envision him contributing to the team in any meaningful way.

Smallwood is meh. Not sure who is high on him.


I don't see people hyping him up here but the average fan I do. Check bleeding green nations Facebook comments for example.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesPeteC


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6158
Location: Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Darth JoneZ wrote:
Everyone seems to be high on Smallwood, but to me it's just wishful thinking. Just because he looks like more like a prototypical starting running back in street clothes than the other guys doesn't make him good. He's passable but isn't very good at anything particular skill. He's not too fast, he's not especially agile, he's not a great blocker, he's not great at holding on to the ball, he's not great on screens, he's not especially big or strong. He doesn't even seem to have much drive or dedication.

If he hasn't totally reinvented himself come training camp he should be cut. As it stands now I can't possibly envision him contributing to the team in any meaningful way.

Smallwood is meh. Not sure who is high on him.


He is by far the greatest football player who has ever lived. And it's not even close
_________________

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 61029
Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even people here were really high on Smallwood last year and I was always confused as to why.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group