You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign Blount
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jroc04

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/legarrette-blount-signing-with-eagles/370017

Eagles land Blount.

Yes, dude.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we lose compensatory pick in the signing but I don't hate it
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Me likey.

Not sure how it happened.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/legarrette-blount-signing-with-eagles/370017

Eagles land Blount.

Yes, dude.

C'mon man....get out there and start a new thread!

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
we lose compensatory pick in the signing but I don't hate it

Who did we lose?

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc04

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

Eagles land Blount.

Yes, dude.

C'mon man....get out there and start a new thread!

It's already cluttered. Not a massive signing but go 'head bruh.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what Blount brings to the table that we didn't already have. I'd take Mathews over him, although obviously, he can't stay healthy but I think as a runner, Mathews is more talented.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Not sure what Blount brings to the table that we didn't already have. I'd take Mathews over him, although obviously, he can't stay healthy but I think as a runner, Mathews is more talented.

Availability is the most important ability. Mathews is talented but will play 6 games. Blount is also a better guy in short yardage and in the red zone than Mathews.

Outside of Blount we don't have a proven healthy short yardage back euther
Jroc04

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

Huh.

Mathews plays 4 games a year. And he's getting released as soon as he takes a physical. We have nothing on the roster that Blount does. Thus, the signing. We have no short yardage, goal line or workhorse RB at all.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So seven years later our wish is granted.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Huh.

Mathews plays 4 games a year. And he's getting released as soon as he takes a physical. We have nothing on the roster that Blount does. Thus, the signing. We have no short yardage, goal line or workhorse RB at all.

Mathews does exactly what Blount does, but at a higher level.

Blount averaged 3.9 YPC last year, that's not good in that offense. There's a reason the Pats wouldn't even give him $3MM a year and instead opted to sign Gillislie. Sure the 18 TDs are nice, but that's mostly situational football.

Mathews has played 13 games each of the last 2 years. His injury history is well noted, and I agree he's not necessarily someone that you can depend on, but the Blount signing does nothing for me. He's a mediocre back and doesn't even play as powerful as his size is. If the cap worked (I'm not sure if it does or doesn't) I would've preferred to just roll the dice with Mathews for one more year than commit to Blount.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Blount's ypc has to be taken into account that he did that in mostly run formations.

Mathews has a serious neck injury, Blount is healthy and available simple as that.
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Huh.

Blount averaged 3.9 YPC last year, that's not good in that offense. There's a reason the Pats wouldn't even give him $3MM a year and instead opted to sign Gillislie. Sure the 18 TDs are nice, but that's mostly situational football.

Mathews has played 13 games each of the last 2 years. His injury history is well noted, and I agree he's not necessarily someone that you can depend on, but the Blount signing does nothing for me. He's a mediocre back and doesn't even play as powerful as his size is. If the cap worked (I'm not sure if it does or doesn't) I would've preferred to just roll the dice with Mathews for one more year than commit to Blount.

And what do you think the Eagles are bringing him in for? Situations. Not carry the ball 25 times

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an ok stop gap move, fills out the group of RBs for this year.

Just kicking the can down the road til next year's draft

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Jroc04

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Huh.

Gillislee is better suited for NE. He's a young and promising back. They aren't exactly rolling the dice. It was the better move to let Blount walk.

I like how you just write off 18 TDs in a year. Laughing 18! Not saying he'll repeat that feat but 12-14 would be awesome given the history of this team's redzone deficiencies.

Mathews is a talented runner. But he doesn't run, he doesn't play. And when he does there's a laundry list of nagging injuries. He's unreliable and inconsistent. He averaged 9 carries a game in 16 games last year. I'm not going to sit and argue Mathews' injury riddled career. It's an obvious conclusion two teams now have concluded. If you can't rely on the guy week to week he's no good for your team and it's preparation.

LB isn't going to be some focal point to the offense. He'll be situational as he's been his whole career. But this is the better move. It's abundantly clear to me.

LB +$1.5 M > RM all day, every day.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: