Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Sign Blount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
So the Pats get a comp pick for this, right?

Yes, they assigned the May 9th tender to him.

But did he sign it?
not how it works

regardless, all they'll get is a 6th or 7th round pick out of this, right?

why do they get one for Blount but not Floyd?

Because they didn't offer the same tender to Floyd. I think he counts to their formula but the $ involved means likely no pick. Apparently this tender guaranteeed a pick to NE if Phi gets any comp pick (likely their lowest a 2.8M contract even it's fully guaranteed wouldn't count for much under the comp formula).

What this really highlights is how opaque the comp pick system is. The fact no one can publicly say the exact formula for deciding comp picks (we know it's related to who teams gain & lose in UFA, but even then how it's decided is never clearly laid out), well, that's the NFL for you.

Floyd was signed after the deadline and wasn't tendered, so that's why there is no compensatory impact.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount showed surprising toughness/physicality around the goal line this past year - something he hasn't shown for most of his tenure in NE. That physicality also seems to disappear in between the 20s.

Blount is a 250 pound back that runs like a guy who weighs 210. He'll break DB arm tackles but will rarely show much else on the LOS. He's quicker for a guy his size, for sure. Solid but inconsistent vision. Not a factor in 3rd down. Has not performed against playoff level defenses/strong run defenses.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yin-Yang wrote:
Blount showed surprising toughness/physicality around the goal line this past year - something he hasn't shown for most of his tenure in NE. That physicality also seems to disappear in between the 20s.

Blount is a 250 pound back that runs like a guy who weighs 210. He'll break DB arm tackles but will rarely show much else on the LOS. He's quicker for a guy his size, for sure. Solid but inconsistent vision. Not a factor in 3rd down. Has not performed against playoff level defenses/strong run defenses.
This is not true.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

All of that is 100% true. The only thing I would add is that he is capable of hitting the homerun but other than that, spot on.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

All of that is 100% true. The only thing I would add is that he is capable of hitting the homerun but other than that, spot on.

If true imagine what kind of numbers he "could" of put up if not for being as inconsistent as you both make him out to be? Pretty sure his 1200+ and 18TD helped get you to that SB.

2017 Bird Watch: WR Jordan Matthews: Gm/ Tgt // Rec// Yds// TD// Y/R
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Good. I'd rather have him go to the Eagles than the Giants.

This, so much this. It was literally my first thought when I heard the news. Thank God he's not a Giant!!
Not sweet we got Blount
Finally signed a legit RB
Finally have a RB bigger then a legalize midget

Just Thank God he's not a Giant. That would of been downright scary!

Nice Signing

Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

If true imagine what kind of numbers he "could" of put up if not for being as inconsistent as you both make him out to be? Pretty sure his 1200+ and 18TD helped get you to that SB.

Inconsistency doesn't make production impossible.

Sigs-Taking Requests
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

Inconsistency doesn't make production impossible.

Then here's to hoping his inconsistency continues to defy the impossible.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

Hes hard as hell to tackle, i dont know where you been. Linebackers and just about every one has a hard time wrapping him up one on one.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

This, so much this. It was literally my first thought when I heard the news. Thank God he's not a Giant!!
Not sweet we got Blount

Nice Signing

Well I mean the Giants running game hasn't been relevant since 2012 and I don't think a guy like Blount could have even helped. It's the little hobbits like Sproles that scare me. The lethal type backs that can gash you over and over. Mad

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

Hes hard as hell to tackle, i dont know where you been. Linebackers and just about every one has a hard time wrapping him up one on one.

Laughing

I've been watching every game of him in a Pats uniform.

Sigs-Taking Requests
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Not sweet we got Blount

Nice Signing

Well I mean the Giants running game hasn't been relevant since 2012 and I don't think a guy like Blount could have even helped. It's the little hobbits like Sproles that scare me. The lethal type backs that can gash you over and over. Mad

Which is one of the factors that has kept you from winning anything significant since then. I'd like to keep it that way. Wink
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

It took him 300 carries to get to 1161 yards, and 11 of his TDs came from the 1 yard line. Given those kinds of opportunities, there's a pretty large number of RBs in the NFL that could've replicated that production.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

It took him 300 carries to get to 1161 yards, and 11 of his TDs came from the 1 yard line. Given those kinds of opportunities, there's a pretty large number of RBs in the NFL that could've replicated that production.

Yeah that screams regression going forward.

Thing is PHI's backfield could use the depth. Even if you think Smallwood is ready to take a 2nd year leap that's a tall order to count on 200+ productive touches. This just ensures they have 3 RB who can step in (Sproles being a guy who works best being sprinkled in 10-15 offensive touches per game - anything Pumphrey gives in year 1 is pure bonus). At the $ they committed to even if he regresses it's not a bad deal at all.
lancerman

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

I think the biggest thing with Blount is he gets remembered for the one or two games a year where Belichick has him maul a defense with a weak run defense. He's good, but he has a tendency to disappear. And even just looking at the Super Bowl, they committed to the run and Blount got stuffed, we couldn't get anything going offensively, then Blount fumbled and the Falcons scored on that.

That whole "blowout" was largely Blount not producing. When they finally sold out and went all in on the pass, they started making it a game.

Last year was his best year and he was great on the goal line, but he's not a guy you want to rely on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: