Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM? (Make Your 2017 Picks Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne 9er wrote:
Option D All 49ers Trades

1) #3 overall - Jamal Adams S
1) #31 overall - Reuben Foster LB
3) #66 overall - Jordan Willis LEO
3) #104 overall - Tedric Thompson FS
4) #121 overall - Joe Williams RB
5) #146 overall - George Kittle TE
5) #177 overall - Trent Taylor WR
6) #198 overall - DJ Jones DT
6) #202 overall - Brad Kaaya QB
7) #229 overall - Kyle Fuller C

Kept a few of the same players as Lynch and Shanny as I will defer to their judgement on the offensive skill players.

Also no problem with Foster or Jones as they are BPA at positions of need.

In this scenario we keep Jimmie at CB where he improved on a week by week basis. We then strengthen the back 3rd with the best player in the draft in Adams along with Thompson in the late 3rd.

We get our LEO in the 3rd with Willis so we can use Armstead and Buckner in their best positions.

We then get our developmental QB and extra OL depth at the end of the draft.

I like Adams and Willis as alternatives for our picks. Not crazy about taking another S and ceratinly not moving up for one. If I was trading up it would be for Beathard and that leaves 202 for Pita or anyone you like better. If in love with Thompson I'd wait to 109 and that would leave 219 where you could pick up Ifeadi odenigbo as another shot at a pass rusher (I think so little of our existing guys that taking two shots in this draft is fine with me), or anyone else you want to take a late round shot at.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take option B - Solomon Thomas Trade Only

I'll make sure as best as possible to note that next year I only have one 2nd rounder.

1 (3) - Solomon Thomas, DE/3-Tech
2 (34) - Budda Baker, FS/NB
3 (66) - Akhelio Witherspoon, CB
3 (67) - Derek Rivers, DE/OLB
4 (109) - Chad Hansen, WR
4 (111) - Marlon Mack, RB
4 (143) - Jake Butt, TE
5 (146) - Anthony Walker Jr., ILB
5 (161) - Deangelo Yancey, WR
6 (186) - Chase Roullier, C/OG
6 (202) - Brad Kaaya, QB
7 (219) - Elijah Lee, LB

- Wanted Thomas all a long so I'm more than happy with that pick.
- Baker and Ward basically provide the same capability allowing us to get two versatile, playmakers on the field at once while Reid plays in the box.
- Witherspoon possess' a great skill set for what we'll be asking of our CBs in our new scheme, love the idea of him and Robinson on the outside.
- Didn't think Rivers would drop this far and think he would develop very nicely as our SAM LB with the ability to play LEO as well.
- Next four picks are offensive players I really like, I don't mind Williams, Kittle and Taylor but I prefer these other four more. Also like the size and skill set of both Hansen and Yancey as opposed to another slot WR in Taylor. Love Macks explosiveness and big play ability.
- Walker and Lee provide different skill sets and physical abilities, Walker being more of a MIKE and Lee maybe more of a WILL or even SAM if he fills out a little more and becomes more physical. Either way they provide youth and depth behind probable starters in this scenario of Smtih and Bowman.
- Roullier became a favorite of mine with his ability to play both OG and C effectively and his all around skill in both the run and pass game. Would be great guy to have as our swing interior OL on game days. Not a huge fan of Barnes and Kilgore can never stay healthy.
- A little shocked that Kaaya lasted as long as he did but I like the fit in Shanahan's system. Arm isn't great but I like his game above the shoulder pads playing well in three different schemes in his three years at Miami. Would probably our back up QB for the future but I get a good feeling about this kid.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely, without a doubt, the hardest draft we have ever done this for in my opinion. I mean, there are so many crazy options that I think are really good. I haven't seen a single draft in here that I wouldn't have really been happy with.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
This is absolutely, without a doubt, the hardest draft we have ever done this for in my opinion. I mean, there are so many crazy options that I think are really good. I haven't seen a single draft in here that I wouldn't have really been happy with.

I know. It seems to to me that are just so many more appealing choices, at any point in the draft, than most years. I suspect a whole lot of really good players will come out of this draft. Which ones they will turn out to be seems almost impossible to predict.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: