You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM? (Make Your 2017 Picks Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne 9er wrote:
Option D All 49ers Trades

1) #3 overall - Jamal Adams S
1) #31 overall - Reuben Foster LB
3) #66 overall - Jordan Willis LEO
3) #104 overall - Tedric Thompson FS
4) #121 overall - Joe Williams RB
5) #146 overall - George Kittle TE
5) #177 overall - Trent Taylor WR
6) #198 overall - DJ Jones DT
6) #202 overall - Brad Kaaya QB
7) #229 overall - Kyle Fuller C

Kept a few of the same players as Lynch and Shanny as I will defer to their judgement on the offensive skill players.

Also no problem with Foster or Jones as they are BPA at positions of need.

In this scenario we keep Jimmie at CB where he improved on a week by week basis. We then strengthen the back 3rd with the best player in the draft in Adams along with Thompson in the late 3rd.

We get our LEO in the 3rd with Willis so we can use Armstead and Buckner in their best positions.

We then get our developmental QB and extra OL depth at the end of the draft.

I like Adams and Willis as alternatives for our picks. Not crazy about taking another S and ceratinly not moving up for one. If I was trading up it would be for Beathard and that leaves 202 for Pita or anyone you like better. If in love with Thompson I'd wait to 109 and that would leave 219 where you could pick up Ifeadi odenigbo as another shot at a pass rusher (I think so little of our existing guys that taking two shots in this draft is fine with me), or anyone else you want to take a late round shot at.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take option B - Solomon Thomas Trade Only

I'll make sure as best as possible to note that next year I only have one 2nd rounder.

1 (3) - Solomon Thomas, DE/3-Tech
2 (34) - Budda Baker, FS/NB
3 (66) - Akhelio Witherspoon, CB
3 (67) - Derek Rivers, DE/OLB
4 (109) - Chad Hansen, WR
4 (111) - Marlon Mack, RB
4 (143) - Jake Butt, TE
5 (146) - Anthony Walker Jr., ILB
5 (161) - Deangelo Yancey, WR
6 (186) - Chase Roullier, C/OG
6 (202) - Brad Kaaya, QB
7 (219) - Elijah Lee, LB

- Wanted Thomas all a long so I'm more than happy with that pick.
- Baker and Ward basically provide the same capability allowing us to get two versatile, playmakers on the field at once while Reid plays in the box.
- Witherspoon possess' a great skill set for what we'll be asking of our CBs in our new scheme, love the idea of him and Robinson on the outside.
- Didn't think Rivers would drop this far and think he would develop very nicely as our SAM LB with the ability to play LEO as well.
- Next four picks are offensive players I really like, I don't mind Williams, Kittle and Taylor but I prefer these other four more. Also like the size and skill set of both Hansen and Yancey as opposed to another slot WR in Taylor. Love Macks explosiveness and big play ability.
- Walker and Lee provide different skill sets and physical abilities, Walker being more of a MIKE and Lee maybe more of a WILL or even SAM if he fills out a little more and becomes more physical. Either way they provide youth and depth behind probable starters in this scenario of Smtih and Bowman.
- Roullier became a favorite of mine with his ability to play both OG and C effectively and his all around skill in both the run and pass game. Would be great guy to have as our swing interior OL on game days. Not a huge fan of Barnes and Kilgore can never stay healthy.
- A little shocked that Kaaya lasted as long as he did but I like the fit in Shanahan's system. Arm isn't great but I like his game above the shoulder pads playing well in three different schemes in his three years at Miami. Would probably our back up QB for the future but I get a good feeling about this kid.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely, without a doubt, the hardest draft we have ever done this for in my opinion. I mean, there are so many crazy options that I think are really good. I haven't seen a single draft in here that I wouldn't have really been happy with.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
This is absolutely, without a doubt, the hardest draft we have ever done this for in my opinion. I mean, there are so many crazy options that I think are really good. I haven't seen a single draft in here that I wouldn't have really been happy with.

I know. It seems to to me that are just so many more appealing choices, at any point in the draft, than most years. I suspect a whole lot of really good players will come out of this draft. Which ones they will turn out to be seems almost impossible to predict.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option D All 49ers Trades

1) #3 overall- Jamal Adams, S
1) #31 overall- Zay Jones, WR
3) #66 overall- Alex Anzalone, LB
3) #104 overall- C.J. Beathard, QB
4) #121 overall- Howard Wilson, CB
5) #146 overall- George Kittle, TE
5) #177 overall- T.J. Logan, RB
6) #198 overall- Chase Roullier, C
6) #202 overall- Pita Taumoepenu, DE
7) #229 overall- Jylan Ware, OT

I agree with most of Lynch's picks, but I just decided to be contrarian to see if it works out.

jonnguy2015's 2016 GM Mock Draft 1.0-
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=583296

Last edited by jonnguy2015 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option F The Solomon Thomas Trade + The Trade for a Future 2nd:
OK. So last year I did this, it was pretty much the 49ers draft with a few minor changes. After readin about these draft picks we make, it's very hard for me not to like them, and I really do with our guys; however I'm going to try and go back to when the actual picks and trades were being made and put down who I thought we should have draft (obviously with hindsight on my side for who went at what pick).
*This draft includes me keeping Jimmie Ward at CB

1) #3 overall - Leonard Fournette RB LSU
2) #31 overall - Reuben Foster LB Alabama
3) #66 overall - Daeshon Hall DE TAM
4) #109 overall - Josh Malone WR Tennessee
4) #143 overall - Jake Butt TE Michigan
5) #146 overall - Roderick Johnson OT FSU
5) #161 overall - Caleb Brantley DL Florida
6) #186 overall - Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
6) #202 overall - Brad Kaaya QB Miami
7) #219 overall - Malachi Dupre WR LSU

EDIT: Ok, I am going to do one edit. I didn't like Reuben Foster at 2 (or 3 where we ended up picking) due to his red flags, but I was a huge fan of the pick at 31. During the draft I was hesitant to trade up into the early 20s due to the amount of draft capital I thought we would have had to part with, but seeing as we are making all these picks with the benefit of hindsight and that we only had to give up a 4th round pick that we did not start with anyways, I am going to put Foster back in here. This will be my last edit and wanted to get it in before training camp and Foster can get on the field and start showing out. The reason I left Foster out initially was because of this comment I made, but this was at pick 20 when I felt like we'd be giving up a lot more than just the fourth we stole from Chicago.
Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of trading up for Foster. I feel much more comfortable taking him in the twenties than I did at 2, but I'd rather see if we could land him at 34.

But at the same time I made this comment after we picked Reuben, so in my mind I'm justified and you won't be able to tell me otherwise!
Wink

Quote:
That was one hell of a first round. I didn't like Foster at #2 because of his injury history and character concerns, but at 31 trading up using the Bears 4th rounder that we had no business getting I love it. I still have my concerns with Fosters style of play combined with his injury history, but I also had concerns with Pat Willis' health when he was coming out. Very excited with both Foster and Thomas. I don't think we will be last in the league in run defense again for awhile. Very encouraging first round. Some really good players left that have no choice to make it to round 3 where we own picks 2 & 3. Hopefully we keep what looks like an excellent draft rolling tomorrow!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Gore Whore 21 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to give this a try. To start with let me say I'm thrilled with our draft and like it more than any in years. Whether it turns out as well as I hope we won't know for years. Since it's not much fun to just say "OK, I'll just go with what we did", I'll make some changes As Forge already said, there are just so many ways to go with this draft. I still don't like being tied to the options given since it doesn't allow me to use each pick the way I want. So I'm going with that options and will just say what I would do with every draft pick we had going into the draft season.

2 - Traded to Bears for 3 and 67 and 111. Brilliant trade!
3 - Solomon Thomas. Love Thomas!
31 - Reuben Foster (received in trade for 34 and 111). Love Foster!
66 -Jordan Willis ... this spot is absolutely the hardest for me. I like Witherspoon a lot, and I might like Moreau even a bit more. But I also like Kupp, and Elfein, and Williams, and others. But pass rushing is the defense's equivalent of quarterbacking in terms of how important it is and I just don't see any guy at all with high potential on our team. So I'm taking a guy I think can be solid, even if not spectacular, here. My final choice came down to Willis or Williams. Willis is an inch taller, 10 pound heavier, faster, quicker, and more productive even though he wasn't surrounded by studs like Williams was. Still it's a really close call and I think Williams might become a double digit sack guy.
67 - traded for 229 and NO's 2nd rounder next year. Excellent trade!
104 - I am NOT making the move up to take Beathard
109 - Beathard ... this might be cheating a bit since he could be taken by another team if we don't move up to 104 to get him. But I think he would have lasted and would take him here. I should add that this Beathard has grown on me. I actually remember his 2015 season and thought he had some nice potential. Then I saw 2016 and just kind of gave up on him.
111- traded along with 34 for 31
121 - I am not moving up for Williams so keeping 143 and 161.
143 (kept not traded) - Jake Butt. Kittle could turn out better, but I've liked Butt for his whole career.
146 - Desmond King - since I didn't take Witherspoon I'm finally taking a CB. Obviously he hasn't got the same potential as Witherspoon or Moreau, but he's solid and has really good ball skills. I like that in a CB. Also think he's got some potential as a S and I like that versatility too.
161 (kept not traded for Williams) - Jeremy Mcnichols (since I didn't go with the Williams trade up). I've always liked Brian Hill, but with McNichols still here I'm taking a shot at him.
177 - NO WAY am I trading next year's fourth (likely high) for a comp 5th rounder this year plus Bibbs. IMHO this was a very bad trade. To make a pick here, which I assume everyone else will do, I'll go ahead and stick with Taylor, without giving it much thought because I just would never make this trade. Next year I'll remember to give myself back that 4th! Edit - I just noticed that without Jones I don't have a defender in the middle in this draft so maybe I take Caleb Brantley here if I have to stick with a pick at 177.
198 - Robert Davis having not done the trade to get Taylor I take a BIG receiver here. Davis is bif, fast, and incredibly productive. Raw as heck, but lots of potential and I'm tired of not having a big WR on this team.
202 - Pita why not another potential pass rusher; that's how important I think pass rusher is - and what I think of our current guys
219 (I didn't trade this pick to move up for beathard) - Jalen Myrick doubling up on CBs since I didn't take one at 66
229 - Chad Kelly. I'm tempted to take either Elijah Lee or Isaiah Ford here both of whom have a chance to make it in the NFL, which is all I hope for from a 7th rounder. But QB being as important as it is I'll go ahead and take Kelly here. Cut him fast if he gets out of line, and hope Shanahan can get something out of him. Little to lose here as anyone taken this late has marginal chances. In reality I might be afraid another team would sign Breida and take him here, but since I've got some hindsight I'll pick Kelly and sign Breida as a UDFA.

Note about the Joe Williams trade- I think it's possible Willimas turns out to be our best pick of this draft. That's how hard this draft is for me to figure out. But in real life we got Kittle and Williams in my version we swap Butt for Kittle, although I could have taken Kittle. So what it really comes down to is Joe Williams vs McNichols plus Desmond King. I prefer the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question. Are we assuming our UDFAs are the same? Or not considering them at all?

big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Question. Are we assuming our UDFAs are the same? Or not considering them at all?

Well I did. As I said if I had to worry about not being to sign Breida I might have taken him with our last pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:

Well I did. As I said if I had to worry about not being to sign Breida I might have taken him with our last pick.

That's actually what i was thinking and why I asked Laughing

I'm not sure how to attack the running back position in this one, so I'm trying to cover my bases.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:

That's actually what i was thinking and why I asked Laughing

I'm not sure how to attack the running back position in this one, so I'm trying to cover my bases.

I've never had a year when I've been conflicted about so many guys at so many position, RB expecially. Outside of the top few RBs the rest are so hard for me to decide among. I've mentioned a whole bunch of names over the past few months. But there's one more guy I've never mentioned who I actually think could become a perennial 1000 yard a year guy. That's Perrine. Honestly there about 10 guys I think have the potential to turn out a few years from now to have been the best RB in this class. I really hope that Williams turns out to be that guy Very Happy

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last chance to get in on this! Once the Hall of Fame game starts tomorrow, I will no longer allow people to make picks!

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: