You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REPORT: Brady Concussed in 2016, Omitted from Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnPatFan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
tab wrote:
I dont know, I think people watch and play football are the same as the kind of people who watch and practice fighting. Everyone knows it isnt exactly Tennis you're playing out there

Tennis can mess up your elbow.
Long term, knee problems are the most common. Lots of lateral movement on pavement.

On topic; her exact quote reads to me more like "I think he had a concussion," not "he said he had a concussion." I can't see how this would be punishable, but the NFL has used the possibility something was done in the past.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Gisele even know what a concussion is? I can't believe this thread is 12 pages long. Haha

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnPatFan wrote:
On topic; her exact quote reads to me more like "I think he had a concussion," not "he said he had a concussion." I can't see how this would be punishable, but the NFL has used the possibility something was done in the past.

#fakenews

Her exact quote was posted in the OP:

Quote:
I just have to say, as a wife, Im a little bit as you know, its not the most lets say [its] an aggressive sport. Football, like he had a concussion last year, she said. I mean, he has concussions, pretty much, I mean, we dont talk about [it] but he does have concussions.

There are plenty of places to watch the interview to compare.

What "her exact quote reads to you like" doesn't change, you know, what she actually said on camera.

The Third Rider wrote:
Does Gisele even know what a concussion is? I can't believe this thread is 12 pages long. Haha

In a little over a day, it's the 2nd longest thread on the front page of this subforum. Surprising exactly none of us.
tab

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
tab wrote:
I dont know, I think people watch and play football are the same as the kind of people who watch and practice fighting. Everyone knows it isnt exactly Tennis you're playing out there

Tennis can mess up your elbow.
not to knock tennis or anything!! lol I used to play tennis but not for very long haha

The biggest takeaway from this I think is not that the pats might get punished, but like it or not, Brady is going to be under a medical microscope next year. He HAS to be if he's been getting concussed and people haven't caught it. This will probably inspire some defenses to get a bit more aggressive I think
cp0k2

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, people really hate the Patriots. Anything Pats gets to ridiculous page counts.
I back my talk up in person
Go play in traffic and tear both your acl's punk
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots fans acting like it's not a big deal. Imagine being a Falcons fan. Brady gets concussed on the Patriots final drive of regulation in the Super Bowl (as speculation suggests). Every other player has to come out for a play and go through concussion protocol. Brady doesn't, Patriots tie game and eventually win.

It's a big frickin deal and Brady TOOK an advantage that no other player has. That's cheating. Not a big deal my butt. It's a big deal, and he's a cheater.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Patriots fans acting like it's not a big deal. Imagine being a Falcons fan. Brady gets concussed on the Patriots final drive of regulation in the Super Bowl (as speculation suggests). Every other player has to come out for a play and go through concussion protocol. Brady doesn't, Patriots tie game and eventually win.

It's a big frickin deal and Brady TOOK an advantage that no other player has. That's cheating. Not a big deal my butt. It's a big deal, and he's a cheater.

Eh? What speculation suggests this?
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/18/scott-zolak-saw-only-one-possible-2016-concussion-for-tom-brady/
Pats4ever

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really funny actually, and the way this will be handled will probably show how messed up this country is. I call it the "fake country". The country that pretends to have integrity and such high moral standards, but everyone knows how things are in reality. Most of the world laugh at America, so much pretending, so little fairness, so little truth.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats4ever wrote:
This is really funny actually, and the way this will be handled will probably show how messed up this country is. I call it the "fake country". The country that pretends to have integrity and such high moral standards, but everyone knows how things are in reality. Most of the world laugh at America, so much pretending, so little fairness, so little truth.

What's fake about it? What's immoral about it? What's untrue about it?

Brady's wife says he had a concussion last year.

Where is the dishonesty coming from in taking her statement about her husband for truth?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/18/scott-zolak-saw-only-one-possible-2016-concussion-for-tom-brady/

Here's the clip of the play:

https://t.co/Gm2KFr1d7X

Hmm.. the back of his head comes down against his OL's shin with a fair bit of force. He does take a second to collect himself before getting up to his feat. The ref appears to very briefly come over to make sure he's okay.

This kind of highlights the problem with the NFL's concussion protocol though: some random spotter watching the TV feed wouldn't be able to determine if a concussion has happened, not unless it's obvious, not with reasonable accuracy.

So unless the NFL starts pulling every guy who gets clipped in the head and takes half a second to collect himself, there's going to be some leeway in the mere 40 or so seconds between plays.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Pats4ever wrote:

What's fake about it? What's immoral about it? What's untrue about it?

Brady's wife says he had a concussion last year.

Where is the dishonesty coming from in taking her statement about her husband for truth?
"The way this will be handled..."
I back my talk up in person
Go play in traffic and tear both your acl's punk
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine how good he would have been if he wasn't concussed Shocked
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Well obviously she's not talking about that play - you think she's complaining about a concussion that happened less than an hour from the end of the season? You think Brady told her about a concussion during the post-SB party? That's ridiculous.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
lancerman

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Well obviously she's not talking about that play - you think she's complaining about a concussion that happened less than an hour from the end of the season? You think Brady told her about a concussion during the post-SB party? That's ridiculous.

I like how this entire line of dialogue is based around Horizontal genius taking freaking Zolak's random opinion that Brady may have got a concussion on a specific play, with absolutely no basis behind it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18

Jump to: