Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REPORT: Brady Concussed in 2016, Omitted from Injury Report
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: REPORT: Brady Concussed in 2016, Omitted from Injury Report Reply with quote

In a shocking confession while on the CBS talk show "This Morning", Tom Brady's wife Gisele Bundchen admitted that Brady had experienced at least one concussion in 2016, and others in years prior.

Quote:
I just have to say, as a wife, Im a little bit as you know, its not the most lets say [its] an aggressive sport. Football, like he had a concussion last year, she said. I mean, he has concussions, pretty much, I mean, we dont talk about [it] but he does have concussions.

Video of interview

Neither the NFL or the Patriots have yet to comment, but Gisele's comments seem damning considering Brady never appeared on the injury report for a concussion in 2016, or any other year.

While it's true the Seahawks recently avoided any punishment for an injury report violation, this is Brady and the Patriots who have a well-documented record of shenanigans.

Discuss.
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will not end well.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriot haters be like

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big issue here will be that it is a concussion and the league wants to try and maintain a persona of really caring about those. The awkward thing could be if Giselle gets thrown under the bus and they just say she doesn't know anything...

#1 ET Supporter
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
the big issue here will be that it is a concussion and the league wants to try and maintain a persona of really caring about those. The awkward thing could be if Giselle gets thrown under the bus and they just say she doesn't know anything...

Yeah this puts the league in a bad spot really. Every team does this, they don't care about head injuries, but they have to keep up this illusion they do so.

Back up the buses.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This coffee feels kind of weak right about now... need something strong. Sigh

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Throwing the book at them. Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, every team does this with probably every player lets be real here.

It's just, well, [inappropriate/removed] luck that Brady's wife went on national TV and talked about it. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2018 loss of 1st rounder, $1 million fine, BB suspended 16 games...2019 Super Bowl Champs?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking. I'm shocked.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohFGOmcxuo&feature=youtu.be&t=1m16s

Cheater's gonna cheat.

TENINCH

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time the NFL disciplined the Patriots they went out and won the Super Bowl. Let just leave them alone unless you want to see Tom and Bill stick it to Goodell and Friends.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this will spice up a boring part of the offseason. The penalties for violating the protocol are pretty vague. At least a fine, but it seems like it's mostly up to commissioner discretion, so who knows what this could wind up being. I have little doubt that it winds up being something, though. The easiest response to this if you're the NFL is just pushing out a punishment and calling it a day. For reference, for anyone curious:

Quote:
As jointly agreed to by the NFL and NFLPA, the Commissioner retains absolute discretion in determining penalties for violations of the concussion protocol. Potential disciplinary action includes:

A first violation will require the club employees or medical team members involved to attend remedial education; and/or result in a maximum fine of $150,000 against the club.

Second and subsequent violations of the concussion protocol will result in a minimum fine of $100,000 against the club.

In the event the parties agree that a violation involved aggravating circumstances, the club shall be subject, in the first instance, to a fine no less than $50,000. The Commissioner shall determine appropriate discipline for subsequent violations involving aggravating circumstances.

In the event that the Commissioner determines that the club's medical team failed to follow the protocol due to competitive considerations, the Commissioner may require the club to forfeit draft pick(s) and impose additional fines exceeding those amounts set forth above.

And of course, within 5 pages, we'll probably have a deflategate argument, a dispute about if Brady is a system QB, and the start of a debate of whether or not Brady is better than Peyton Manning. So, have at it, everyone. This will be the worst kind of thread for the next month, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she's a model... not a doctor. another non story Brady thread.

ofc, i wouldnt mind giving my pats another reason to stick it to the league in 2017.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
And of course, within 5 pages, we'll probably have a deflategate argument, a dispute about if Brady is a system QB, and the start of a debate of whether or not Brady is better than Peyton Manning. So, have at it, everyone. This will be the worst kind of thread for the next month, I'm sure.

Nice self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't think punishment is a given. I feel like Brady and the Pats can easily say "silly wife mispoke, she doesn't know what she's saying, oopsies!".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: