You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manusky: "We're going to kick the crap outa people!&quo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Manusky: "We're going to kick the crap outa people!&quo Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/05/16/redskins-new-defensive-coordinator-well-sure-beat-the-crap-out-of-a-lot-of-people/?utm_term=.97c46977905c

Quote:
Asked how his defense would be more aggressive, Manusky, a former linebacker with 12 years’ NFL experience, started by reviewing the role of defensive backs, who, he explained, “play from distance and vision.” Then he recapped the linebackers’ stance, five yards off the line.

Suddenly, Manusky thrust his massive, round head about a centimeter from a reporter’s nose and growled: “Our linemen, it’s like they’re right here! Makes you feel uncomfortable!”

And he broke into a devilish grin “We might not win a game,” he said with a chuckle, “but we’ll sure beat the crap out of a lot of people!”

If making opposing offenses uncomfortable is the new rallying cry, Kerrigan can’t wait to get started, mindful of the gutting completions that sustained far too many drives on third-and-long last season.

“We obviously had our struggles last year defensively, no doubt about it — especially on third down,” said Kerrigan, a two-time Pro Bowl honoree, of the Redskins’ 28th ranked defense.

Kerrigan said he loved seeing the Redskins invest their top three picks on defense in the recent NFL draft and couldn’t believe that Alabama defensive lineman Jonathan Allen, regarded by many analysts as a top-five pick, fell to Washington at 17th. And he loved the second-round selection of Alabama linebacker Ryan Anderson — “dude can really get after the passer!”

I love it! Kerrigan said on the play sheets all you see is a bunch of lines going forward to and through the line of scrimmage and he said Ryan Anderson can really rush the passer!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like "football guy" coach speak to me. Heard the same mumbo jumbo from Joe Barry. I'll believe it when I see it.
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet against it.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“We might not win a game,”

So long as were so low on talent that a complete joke like DHall continues to make the squad. Im not going to doubt him on that one. Laughing

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Sounds like "football guy" coach speak to me. Heard the same mumbo jumbo from Joe Barry. I'll believe it when I see it.

Agree completely

I want him to be successful but I'd wager he said very similar things about that train wreck if a defense he led in Indy. Glad Manusky is excited and wants to hit somebody but he's not suiting up
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell do you want him to say? "We will be ranked somewhere between 25-32 on defense." We are going to take a more passive approach to defense!"
It doesn't matter what they say or who says it....some of you guys are going to complain! Why not find a team that does everything you approve of!!!

I am excited about our offseason so far, and I am extremely excited about the up coming season!!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cannot believe dhall is still on this team and making 6 mill this year
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
What the hell do you want him to say? "We will be ranked somewhere between 25-32 on defense." We are going to take a more passive approach to defense!"
It doesn't matter what they say or who says it....some of you guys are going to complain! Why not find a team that does everything you approve of!!!

I am excited about our offseason so far, and I am extremely excited about the up coming season!!

"I resign"

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

"I resign"

What's the point... you will hate who ever they hire!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

"I resign"

Marcus, Bro, Relax. We all want us to win but some of us roll our eyes when we hear the same off season proclamations year after year after year ( about how tough we are or to go old school on you " How bad we are" where bad was good lol) The only change is the guy saying it, not the words or the results and we as a fan base keep handing over our money to the HCIC
"Head Chiseler in Charge"

It is telling that D Hall is still on our team. And not telling a good story either
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:

If they cut him after the season starts, I believe they save something like $4M. Also wouldn't be surprised if he takes a significant pay cut.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

"I resign"

Now that is something that made me spit out my water. Lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

If they cut him after the season starts, I believe they save something like $4M. Also wouldn't be surprised if he takes a significant pay cut.

The amount of Bruce Allen [inappropriate/removed] kissing he did this off season, makes me think he will be on the roster for the entire season.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
“We might not win a game,”

So long as were so low on talent that a complete joke like DHall continues to make the squad. Im not going to doubt him on that one. Laughing

If Manusky had time to rethink that statement -- He might not say it. So negative . He should be positive and say I'm counting on our defense to win 3-4 games on their own this year. Set the standards high ! Very disappointed in him saying we might not win a game .
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall is our 2nd or 3rd best DB. He can play every single DB position. If he can recover, it's worth keeping him. If he can't recover, we'll cut him before week 1. There's no reason to cut him at this point because he can still be a solid contributor if he's healthy enough to play. I still believe he could win the job as our slot corner because our other corners failed at that spot so much last year. I'm hopeful Fuller, Breeland or Holsey can be the answer at slot corner but I don't trust that it will happen. I actually trust Hall at the slot more than them and that's crazy because he's coming off a torn ACL. Shocked

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: