You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MMA XXXVI | Mayweather-McGregor official for 8/26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
That Diakese kid is mad explosive yo:

future championship contender. soon.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should do a Bellator pick em
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
We should do a Bellator pick em

feel like bellator fights are usually pretty easy to call. big favorites on main card usually. but im down.
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
find DC really likable. definitely rooting for him too.

I find dc overwhelmingly unlikeable. I never hear him talk and not think "could you just shut you fat mouth"

Which is why the dc vs jones fight is going to be hard to watch. Dc is a guy i would never want to be stuck in a conversation with but jones is a worthless pile of dog crap. I hate dc as champ but i truly despise jones to my core.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Bones wins so he can finally move up to HW and get caught by Stipe.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DC the commentator is brilliant. DC the MMA fighter leaves me much to be desired. His fight style is kind of boring to watch, albeit very effective. Then when he went off on a tizzy because the promotional poster for his last fight had Rumble larger then him. He lost a little respect for me there. Although I think going full heel is a good move for him. Jones is like the complete opposite. That said I don't really have a rooting interest in who wins. I just want to see the fight. These 2 need to settle things.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DC the MMA fighter leaves me much to be desired. His fight style is kind of boring to watch, albeit very effective.

I hate guys who finish most of their fights, have elite striking skills, slam people, and outgun fighters with huge reach advantages.

Literally would rather watch WNBA.

D#######
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Quote:
DC the MMA fighter leaves me much to be desired. His fight style is kind of boring to watch, albeit very effective.

I hate guys who finish most of their fights, have elite striking skills, slam people, and outgun fighters with huge reach advantages.

Yea way to run overboard with it... Laughing

It's more of the laying on guys and smothering aspect. Again... effective just not that exciting to watch. When I'm watching a BJJ master like Maia it's about transitioning gaining advantages and working towards a finish. With DC it's more of just using his weight to hold a guy down, wear him out, and eventually he sinks in the sub. In that 1st fight against Rumble after DC got hurt with a couple of head kicks it went to the ground and it was basically just DC laying on him for the rest of the fight. Against Silva he barely even let Anderson get a combo in before taking it straight to ground and laying on him for the rest of the fight.

Not knocking the guy.. why get punched in the face when you have a huge advantage elsewhere? I'm just saying as an MMA fighter his fights tend to be on the boring side to watch.

I don't know if I'd say he has elite striking skills. He hasn't knocked a guy out since 2014

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Quote:

Yea way to run overboard with it... Laughing

It's more of the laying on guys and smothering aspect. Again... effective just not that exciting to watch. When I'm watching a BJJ master like Maia it's about transitioning gaining advantages and working towards a finish. With DC it's more of just using his weight to hold a guy down, wear him out, and eventually he sinks in the sub. In that 1st fight against Rumble after DC got hurt with a couple of head kicks it went to the ground and it was basically just DC laying on him for the rest of the fight. Against Silva he barely even let Anderson get a combo in before taking it straight to ground and laying on him for the rest of the fight.

Not knocking the guy.. why get punched in the face when you have a huge advantage elsewhere? I'm just saying as an MMA fighter his fights tend to be on the boring side to watch.

I don't know if I'd say he has elite striking skills. He hasn't knocked a guy out since 2014

Lets not forget that dude is UNDEFEATED at heavyweight. I never looked at DC as a lay and pray kinda fighter. The only fight I thought he looked a little boring in was against the Spider. We all wanted him to trade with him, but he took the correct approach.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Mossburg

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Are you complaining he didn't finish Rumble fast enough? The fight lasted less than 9 minutes. DC took his back in both fights. What do you mean when you say "it was basically just DC laying on him for the rest of the fight."

Quote:
I'm just saying as an MMA fighter his fights tend to be on the boring side to watch.

Name the boring fights.

1)Anderson
2)Last 2 rounds of Jones fight where he gassed after 3 excellent rounds

What else?

Anderson Silva had more boring fights than DC.

Quote:

He clobbered the best boxer in the division who was schooling Jones for most of the fight, while at a MASSIVE reach disadvantage. DC has insanely talented hands and striking instincts, and plenty of KO power, dude was KOing heavyweights.

Seriously, I don't understand where this fantasy narrative came from. People pretend like the Silva fight is something that defines his career, when all it was was an exception.

D#######
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC just doesnt feel like a true champ. Who has he actually beat? Rumble 1 is the only fight that is really a high end win. He looked good against jones until he got poked (shocker jones poked someone). But i feel DC isnt a boring fighter as much as its unimpressive. If he wasnt the main event his fights would have been alright but to build up to blah fights make it seem worse.

Mossburg

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
DC just doesnt feel like a true champ. Who has he actually beat? Rumble 1 is the only fight that is really a high end win. He looked good against jones until he got poked (shocker jones poked someone). But i feel DC isnt a boring fighter as much as its unimpressive. If he wasnt the main event his fights would have been alright but to build up to blah fights make it seem worse.

Doods...come on.

Rumble is the most feared fighter this division has seen, maybe ever. He finished him twice. Imagine the Bones vs Rumble hype if there's no DC or if Rumble beat DC. He then beat the next best fighter at his own game, and was actually dominating until he got caught with a knee. He also has wins over guys who were mid to high ranked at HW (Barnett, Bigfoot, Nelson).

Who else is there for him to beat other than Jones?

I agree he doesn't "feel" like a true champ and will forever be in Jones' shadow until he beats him.

I seriously think people just don't give him the credit he deserves because he's short and pudgy.

D#######
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Doods...come on.

Rumble is the most feared fighter this division has seen, maybe ever. He finished him twice. Imagine the Bones vs Rumble hype if there's no DC or if Rumble beat DC. He then beat the next best fighter at his own game, and was actually dominating until he got caught with a knee. He also has wins over guys who were mid to high ranked at HW (Barnett, Bigfoot, Nelson).

I agree he doesn't "feel" like a true champ and will forever be in Jones' shadow until he beats him.

I seriously think people just don't give him the credit he deserves because he's short and pudgy.

Rumble 2 means nothing. Rumble didnt come in with his head on straight. Barnett is a solid win but nelson and bigfoot are garbage on a hot Sunday afternoon.

Silva was his chance. He got silva on an hour and half notice. It was his chance to show the world he was a true fighter and he didnt do anything. He had nothing to lose and he fought like he wanted the judges to give him a win. AND silva almost got him at the end.

There are champions and there are people who hold the belt...dc holds the belt.

El ramster

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC has elite striking?

Dude punches as if he had 2 broom sticks as limbs..

Reported for lying.. The one true champ is Jones and it's
Not rumble whose most feared! That is Jones who's never ever lost a
match(DQ)..

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Doods...come on.

Rumble 2 means nothing. Rumble didnt come in with his head on straight. Barnett is a solid win but nelson and bigfoot are garbage on a hot Sunday afternoon.

Silva was his chance. He got silva on an hour and half notice. It was his chance to show the world he was a true fighter and he didnt do anything. He had nothing to lose and he fought like he wanted the judges to give him a win. AND silva almost got him at the end.

There are champions and there are people who hold the belt...dc holds the belt.

Bigfoot was coming off a win over Fedor and Arlovski. Went on to fight for UFC HW title 2 years later.

Nelson was still top 10 ranked IIRC. This was before he went on a losing streak.

I don't understand how a washed up Silva was his chance to show himself? Yea, if he pounded a washed up legend the same way he did Henderson, it would look better on his resume than how it actually went, but who cares about Silva today? I didn't even bother to include him as a relevant win, just like I didn't bother including Henderson because he was expected to crush in both fights. So does that mean we have include him ragdolling Henderson in the list of "who has he beaten"?

D#######

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 3 of 56

Jump to: