You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MMA XXXVI | Mayweather-McGregor official for 8/26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19407198/dana-white-tells-nba-tnt-crew-conor-mcgregor-now-floyd-mayweather

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/18/15656886/dana-white-claims-conor-mcgregor-side-is-done-for-epic-boxing-fight-now-onto-floyd-mayweather

McGregor signed the deal. Up to Floyd now.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19407198/dana-white-tells-nba-tnt-crew-conor-mcgregor-now-floyd-mayweather

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/18/15656886/dana-white-claims-conor-mcgregor-side-is-done-for-epic-boxing-fight-now-onto-floyd-mayweather

Still think this is just showboating. Even if Mayweather "officially" signs, I expect something to happen and it to be called off.

One of those events where I don't believe a single thing until both guys are standing in the ring.

D#######
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Still think this is just showboating. Even if Mayweather "officially" signs, I expect something to happen and it to be called off.

One of those events where I don't believe a single thing until both guys are standing in the ring.

Why though? Floyd and connor want a big pay day and mayweather really wants that extra win on his record and this is a super easy way to do it without people saying he just fought a scrub to get there.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Mossburg

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Why though? Floyd and connor want a big pay day and mayweather really wants that extra win on his record and this is a super easy way to do it without people saying he just fought a scrub to get there.

Floyd is gonna want too much, and it's really not worth the trouble for him unless he gets a record payday. I dunno how the business structure of this fight will make this happen.

D#######
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

But Conor IS a scrub when it come to straight boxing. I should elaborate before all the guys swingin from his nu.s get mad. He is an mma fighter. He is a great mma fighter. Boxing is a part of mma that he is good at.

He has never boxed professionally, and is fighting arguably the greatest boxer of all time. (I can't stand him btw and it pains me to say that)

This fight is a sham, and no one should spend their hard earned money watching it.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Mossburg

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also gotta understand that Mayweather is a businessman first, second, and third, and then a boxer.

There's nothing this fight does for his legacy. If anything this fight is a risk, no different than him getting in the ring with someone at a local gym. Only thing to gain from this is a record payday.

D#######
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll believe it when i see it

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
wood v. maia doesn't get me excited. maia for sure deserves it, but think twood ko's him.

and disagree w/ narrative that wood will be all tentative w/ maia. think he ko's him quick.

but also thought andrade would beat jj easy, so i suck at predicting things.

Now I can certainly see TWood winning the fight, but I don't see how you can have such confidence that he's going to KO Maia quick, when Maia's only been knocked out once in his MMA career - and a case (not a great one, but still a case) could be made that he was KO'd more by his impact with the canvas in that Marquardt fight than he was by Nate's overhand right.

Maia's fought better strikers than Wood and gone the distance. Just can't see any confidence in a quick KO unless you're going heavy homer for Wood.

dunno just feel like twood's gonna blitz him ala the stun gun fight and dont think maia can in any way handle such a furious burst of athleticism/fast twitch muscle fiber barreling towards him

maybe more technical/skilled strikers. dudes like jorge, matt brown, condit, etc. nobody that can really be as intimidating barreling towards him.

dont think maia will handle it.

It's not an element we saw often from his game, but I'd say Anderson Silva is a pretty intimidating striker - particularly at the time when Maia fought him... at a higher weight class that he's fighting Wood at (and Anderson was pretty much a natural light-heavyweight who was cutting to make middleweight).

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

But Conor IS a scrub when it come to straight boxing. I should elaborate before all the guys swingin from his nu.s get mad. He is an mma fighter. He is a great mma fighter. Boxing is a part of mma that he is good at.

He has never boxed professionally, and is fighting arguably the greatest boxer of all time. (I can't stand him btw and it pains me to say that)

This fight is a sham, and no one should spend their hard earned money watching it.

O ya its a complete garbage fight. Connor isnt even a boxing mma fighter, but most people wont say he picked some no name from a crap gym just to get a win and its something peope want to see, for some reason.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Floyd is gonna want too much, and it's really not worth the trouble for him unless he gets a record payday. I dunno how the business structure of this fight will make this happen.

Floyd wants 200-300 million..
and he's so good he should get it..

Those car insurances are expensaaaaaaaave.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not gonna lie... i kinda want DC to beat Jon

as much as i rooted for bones all this time i sort of wanna see him humbled inside the ring.

his stupidity outside the cage made me less of a fan over time then any of his drama on the inside.

what i dont want is a close match. at the minimum i wanna see it ended in convincing fashion regardless of who wins
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

find DC really likable. definitely rooting for him too.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:

I'll have your sig soon bebe..

You want DC? I'll take Jones.. We outchea.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Diakese kid is mad explosive yo:

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

I'll have your sig soon bebe..

You want DC? I'll take Jones.. We outchea.

thought you forgot

think jones wins... but rooting for DC to finish him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 2 of 56

Jump to: