You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official thread of the Phoenix Suns (#TheTimeline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tried to come up with some comps for our draftees, and came up with this. Thoughts?

Josh Jackson
Dream: Kawhi Leonard/Jimmy Butler
Realistic: a taller Andre Iguodala
Worst case: Corey Brewer (?)

Davon Reed
Dream: Wesley Matthews
Realistic: Iman Shumpert
Worst case: P.J. Hairston

Alec Peters
Dream: Nemanja Bjelica (?)
Realistic: Ryan Kelly
Worst Case: Idk what's worse than Ryan Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosD2QJIB_A

So I was salty af when this happened as a Tech fan, but this was undoubtedly Jackson's best game of his Kansas career. Pretty good look at all the things he can do, at least offensively. That athleticism is unreal...

Also, his GW free throw came off of an offensive foul on the screen that wasn't called Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exciting, I feel like I can start telling people I'm a Suns fan again Laughing

#JDI
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Booker, Chriss, and Jackson there is going to be so much trash talking in the future. Laughing

El ramster on the sig
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Between Booker, Chriss, and Jackson there is going to be so much trash talking in the future. Laughing

It's awesome. Definitely gonna lead the league in technical fouls lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see what this squad becomes in a few years. I know some of you guys are high on Chriss, but I need to see more. He was a baby last year and didn't even know what he was doing, so obviously he should be much better in years 2 and 3.

All in all, very happy my favorite prospect in this draft is teamed up with another favorite of mine in Booker.

El ramster on the sig
broncofan48

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Can't wait to see what this squad becomes in a few years. I know some of you guys are high on Chriss, but I need to see more. He was a baby last year and didn't even know what he was doing, so obviously he should be much better in years 2 and 3.

All in all, very happy my favorite prospect in this draft is teamed up with another favorite of mine in Booker.

I'm pretty excited for the core to grow and get better together. My question is in a few years when Bledsoe is 30 how will he fit in or are the Suns better off trying to trade him now with value high and getting a good young PG in the draft or return in the trade.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ulis has been really underrated by a lot of people.

#JDI
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I think Ulis has been really underrated by a lot of people.

He's a good passer, has a good midrange, and is a scrappy defender for his size all things considered.

However he still has a lot to work on, and some of it won't get better just because of his physical limitations.

I do like him as a backup PG who can come in and run the offense for 18-20 minutes a night though. The ball moves really well when he's in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of posts about dumping our Vets, but in all honesty, we can't have a team of 25 and Unders, with no Vet presence. I've been an avid 'Trade Bledsoe' advocate, until now we have no depth, so unless we are getting a Vet back in return...

...and Dudley, I feel, should ride out his contract; good locker room presence, smart, mentorship, etc....

...Same with LB. He costs a pittance, and probably is worth his weight in gold when it comes to coaching/mentoring...

...Chandler, and of course, Knight, is where I'd take the savings, and apply it to Len. Honestly? If we don't re-sign Len, another team is going to give him $15-$20M per, start him, and he's going to be a Dbl-Dbl machine who Avg's 2 BPG. Just go back and look at Len's games when he was afforded the opportunity to play 28 min plus, and not simply be asked to be the 'foul-ridden wrecking ball' or the 'Stretch 5' from last season.

This list includes all 28+ min games, even the bad ones:

4/9 - 28 min--14/10/2Blks
4/2 - 28 min--10/12/4Blks
3/21 - 36 min--12/11/4Blks
3/17 - 28 min--9/9/2Blks
2/24 - 35 min--4/7/2Blks
2/8 - 28 min--11/5/2Blks
12/9 - 34 min--14/14/4Blks
11/27 - 29 min--5/10/2Blks
11/25 - 29 min--6/11/4Blks
11/23 - 35 min--17/12/2Blks
11/21 - 31 min--11/10/3Blks
11/12 - 29 min--10/11/2Blks
11/9 - 37 min--16/14/1Blks

For whatever reason, 28 mpg seems to be 'critical mass', meaning, the point at which everything seems to 'click', stat-wise. You'll notice, of those 13 games, he scored dbl digits 9/13 times, had dbl digit TRB 10/13 times, but most importantly, are his Blks. He failed to register at least 2 Blks but once, a game he slashed 16/14, and had 3 steals, so we'll have to forgive him that one. Very Happy

Anyway, if Chandler was gone, and our depth chart went something to the effect of:

Bledsoe/Ulis
Booker/Reed
Warren/Jackson
Chriss/Bender
Len/Williams

With LB and Dudley grabbing 8-12 minutes per night, yet providing that leadership, and filling out the rest of the squad with DJ Jr, Price, and our final selection, Peters, that gives us one more Vet in Price, bringing it to 4 Vets total, and 11 young'ns.

Now, if McD's plan is to pkg some of the 'yutes' (for all you 'My Cousin Vinny' fans) for an All NBA talent to pair with Booker, well, then, this all goes out the window... Very Happy
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Earl Watson wants Dragan Bender to play some point in Summer League.

This will be fun.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1160447/earl-watson-wants-dragan-bender-play-little-point-guard/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh also we tendered contracts to both Alex Len and Alan Williams, making them both RFA's. This was expected and doesn't really matter except for it will give us the right to match any offer they get.

I really hope we can keep Williams around.

I'd keep Len too but only on a reasonable contract. Len might be the most frustrating player in the league. I want to like him but he just plays such dumb basketball sometimes. If he would just play defense and dunk the ball when he can, he'd be great. Instead he shoots all these 18 footers that are 95% bricks.

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Alec Peters

feel strongly that he'll exceed those expectations
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Alec Peters

What makes you say that? He put up impressive stats in college for sure but idk I never really watched him in college as I don't make sure to check out Valparaiso too often. Laughing

Would Jon Leuer be a better "dream" comp? Ryan Anderson?

Why did he fall so far to the 54th pick?

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Alec Peters

What makes you say that? He put up impressive stats in college for sure but idk I never really watched him in college as I don't make sure to check out Valparaiso too often. Laughing

Would Jon Leuer be a better "dream" comp? Ryan Anderson?

Why did he fall so far to the 54th pick?

i dunno comparisons are usually bad imo.

he can post up.
he can shoot tf out of the ball from beyond NBA range.
he rebounds above average at the 4 spot.
he plays from a really high mental level... does a ton of things to keep flow of offense going even tho he was only guy on that team... continually plays right way.
he puts in effort on D. sucks on D. but he definitely tries to be solid. Redick type in that regard. he'll be in the right place. but can only do so much.
good guy.

i thought he was a late 1st rounder. Spurs type pick. had him ranked as the #6 PF behind isaac, cam oliver, lauri, bell & leaf.

he's gonna be in the league for a long time. fits in w/ Suns style of play. you guys loaded w/ potential star bigs tho (edit: dunno why i said this. loaded w/ young bigs who might be good), so dunno if he's really gonna get solid time. he's ready to go right now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: