You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boston Celtics thread !!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
resilient

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Boston Celtics thread !!!! Reply with quote

I have tried over a year or so ago to keep a thread for Boston going, it shouldn't be too hard now.

So let's go.

I want to keep the top pick (Fultz) over trading for PG or Butler. Had we picked at 2 or lower then I would have traded. Fultz is too good to pass up IMO despite the ton of guards we have.

I would also truly be surprised if Boston doesn't land GH or BG.

If Boston does actually land GH (more realistic than BG I believe) I would really try to package Bradley and Crowder, plus any of our many future draft picks (NOT including Brooklyn's 2018 pick) for a proven front court player.

Not sure for who, but there should be many options for Boston now that it has played out like this.
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the pick unless a player like Davis is available. Draft fultz and try to sign hayward.
resilient

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we draft fultz definitely try to sign GH, but we need to find a way to get a stretch power forward or five man that can play defense. Boston is too small
Danger

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping you guys take Jackson and the Lakers take Ball. Want the Sixers to get Fultz, however unlikely that might be.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they take Fultz, who is the guard that is most likely to leave in 2018 between...

-Isaiah Thomas: Due a $200+ million contract. Do you want to pay a 34 year old Thomas $40 million at the end of that contract? However, he has become a borderline Boston legend these past 2 years and is absolutely vital to the offense.

-Avery Bradley: Due a huge raise and has had injury issues. Not a consistent offensive threat. Arguably best perimeter defender on the team and was absolutely killing it this season before he got hurt.

-Marcus Smart: Up for an extension this offseason and will hit RFA in summer of 2018. Some team will offer him A LOT and he is not a smart offensive player. He is a bull defensively and has a solid, usable all-around game. Younger, arguably more durable, and a better secondary facilitator than Bradley, but not nearly as good of a shooter or rebounder.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
resilient

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
When they take Fultz, who is the guard that is most likely to leave in 2018 between...

-Isaiah Thomas: Due a $200+ million contract. Do you want to pay a 34 year old Thomas $40 million at the end of that contract? However, he has become a borderline Boston legend these past 2 years and is absolutely vital to the offense.

-Avery Bradley: Due a huge raise and has had injury issues. Not a consistent offensive threat. Arguably best perimeter defender on the team and was absolutely killing it this season before he got hurt.

-Marcus Smart: Up for an extension this offseason and will hit RFA in summer of 2018. Some team will offer him A LOT and he is not a smart offensive player. He is a bull defensively and has a solid, usable all-around game. Younger, arguably more durable, and a better secondary facilitator than Bradley, but not nearly as good of a shooter or rebounder.

good question, I am thinking it won't even get that far as Boston/Ainge will probably look to trade at least one of them sooner than later.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

good question, I am thinking it won't even get that far as Boston/Ainge will probably look to trade at least one of them sooner than later.

IMO they need to trade Thomas for the best package of young talent/picks.

They need to get good potential picks and young talent that could wait out Lebron/GSW. Thomas wont be a key player once Lebron hangs it up or the Cavs are no longer a lock to winning the east.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:

Unless they get Avery Bradley to sign a below-market deal, I'm pretty sure he's going to be the one going elsewhere.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
resilient

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
resilient wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

IMO they need to trade Thomas for the best package of young talent/picks.

They need to get good potential picks and young talent that could wait out Lebron/GSW. Thomas wont be a key player once Lebron hangs it up or the Cavs are no longer a lock to winning the east.

Actually I do agree, but truth is I am not sure what Boston could get for IT. Question is how many teams need a pg and have reasonable assets in return?
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtics ain't trading IT

ELRammy
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If IT wants the max then I say let him go, he's good but not worth the price. Wouldn't mind trying to pry gasol from grizz.
Hiero

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
If IT wants the max then I say let him go, he's good but not worth the price. Wouldn't mind trying to pry gasol from grizz.

Without Isaiah the Celtics most likely lose to the Bulls in round 1. You really wanna wait 4-5 years for Fultz to get good just to make it to round 2-3 of the playoffs again? Celtics cannot afford to lose IT he's the only reason they've made it this far. Unfortunately they have nobody who can defend lebron. How is drafting fultz gonna help them get over where they currently are? At least Butler or maybe Jackson could play D on him. I mean I get taking fultz but it's essentially just spinning your wheels for the next 5-6 years. Gordon Hayward is a good player but he doesn't do anything to make the Celtics better than the Cavs. Fultz and Hayward would be good pickups for the Celtics and probably help them stay above the wizards barring the wizards getting Durant or something like that though so that's something.

Skalelujah
resilient

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is also young, and while Butler is good and ready, I am not willing to give up a potential Star/Super Star talent in Fultz who may end up being around for over 10 years to go all in now. I also don't think it will take "4-5 years" for Fultz to be a dominant player. Add a very good player who may actually be better in Boston in GH, and Boston will have a team for both now and years to come.

People also need to be reminded Boston still has a ton of ammo in Brooklyn's, Memphis' and La Clipper's draft picks coming up in 2018 and 2019. Take your time and do it right, is my opinion.
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
O'Doyle Rules wrote:

Without Isaiah the Celtics most likely lose to the Bulls in round 1. You really wanna wait 4-5 years for Fultz to get good just to make it to round 2-3 of the playoffs again? Celtics cannot afford to lose IT he's the only reason they've made it this far. Unfortunately they have nobody who can defend lebron. How is drafting fultz gonna help them get over where they currently are? At least Butler or maybe Jackson could play D on him. I mean I get taking fultz but it's essentially just spinning your wheels for the next 5-6 years. Gordon Hayward is a good player but he doesn't do anything to make the Celtics better than the Cavs. Fultz and Hayward would be good pickups for the Celtics and probably help them stay above the wizards barring the wizards getting Durant or something like that though so that's something.

Depends what he's asking. No way Im paying Thomas that 210 max deal type if he wants it. We're not getting by gs anyway for about 3 years might as well be competitive and let the young guys grow.
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to let IT go. If we sign Gordon Hayward we're strapped for cap anyway, give IT the money he's earned.

He's a poor defender, sure, but he's also one of the most efficient scorers in the league and as clutch as they come.

I think Avery Bradley is traded this off-season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: