You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders Offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes as fans I think we try to not look like Homers to am extreme or maybe we've been bad for so long we try and keep from buying in all the way or whatever, but Carr is just that good. The guy in his third year finished top 4 in the MVP vote. He's set records for our storied franchise, he's got production that rivals most through 3 seasons. He led our team to 12 wins and a top 5ish offense at 25 and when he went out we struggled to pick up first downs. He's a top 7 QB at tje worst and only if you put a ton of emphasis on doing stuff for years and years.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Sometimes as fans I think we try to not look like Homers to am extreme or maybe we've been bad for so long we try and keep from buying in all the way or whatever, but Carr is just that good. The guy in his third year finished top 4 in the MVP vote. He's set records for our storied franchise, he's got production that rivals most through 3 seasons. He led our team to 12 wins and a top 5ish offense at 25 and when he went out we struggled to pick up first downs. He's a top 7 QB at tje worst and only if you put a ton of emphasis on doing stuff for years and years.

I think you've summed up my feeling here pretty well!

Rationally, when you look at his level of play and consistency over the last 2 seasons, he's a top 7 QB, it's just having been fooled so many times into thinking guys like Marinovich, Jeff George, Kerry Collins and Russell could potentially be the answer it's almost like we don't want to say anything too loud in fear of jinxing what looks to be our best ever QB prospect Smile
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
I got a question which QB's right now would you rank ahead of Carr if any?

Maybe, Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, Luck.

Going off of current performance I would put Brady Ryan Rodgers Brees Cousins and Luck a tier above him.

Wilson Prescott Bradford Stafford Manning Rivers Flacco and Palmer are on the same tier as Carr IMO.

I don't see anyway that Flacco, Manning, Palmer and Bradford are on the same tier as Carr. Like that genuinely confuses me. A lot of those guys have had seasons or times on par with Carr (though not at Carr's experience for the most part) but currently? Not at all. You can't honestly say it's a coin flip.on who you'd take currently with those guys and DC. That's what the same tier implies to me. That's almost disrespectful to say Bradford and Flacco are in the same general area as DC lol. Idc about a super bowl run years ago or a misleading completion percentage. Most od the numbers and the eye test says that Carr is on a different level playing the QB position than those guys currently and likely going forward.

I also think the arrow on Carr and guys like Brees and Rivers are pointing different directions. Both guys are all timers, but they're getting up there in age and Rivers in particular has had too many turnover prone seasons to say I'd put Rivers ahead of Carr right now. I think I could make a pretty solid argument for Carr being the 4th or 5th best QB in the NFL currently. And if we're talking from.this point forward there is literally nobody I would take over DC. He was that good last season and he's gotten better every year and frankly hasn't reached his prime like all those other guys have.

But the question was rank not who would I take. I also said that I was going off of current performance and I didn't say they were better, just broke the top QBs into two tiers.

Not that serious. Of course, I'm riding with Carr over the likes of Bradford or Flacco or Palmer but I will hold my own vs anyone arguing that any of those guys don't belong on the tiers I put them in on current performance. BTW, I mean last year by current performance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
I got a question which QB's right now would you rank ahead of Carr if any?

Maybe, Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, Luck.

Going off of current performance I would put Brady Ryan Rodgers Brees Cousins and Luck a tier above him.

Wilson Prescott Bradford Stafford Manning Rivers Flacco and Palmer are on the same tier as Carr IMO.

I don't see anyway that Flacco, Manning, Palmer and Bradford are on the same tier as Carr. Like that genuinely confuses me. A lot of those guys have had seasons or times on par with Carr (though not at Carr's experience for the most part) but currently? Not at all. You can't honestly say it's a coin flip.on who you'd take currently with those guys and DC. That's what the same tier implies to me. That's almost disrespectful to say Bradford and Flacco are in the same general area as DC lol. Idc about a super bowl run years ago or a misleading completion percentage. Most od the numbers and the eye test says that Carr is on a different level playing the QB position than those guys currently and likely going forward.

I also think the arrow on Carr and guys like Brees and Rivers are pointing different directions. Both guys are all timers, but they're getting up there in age and Rivers in particular has had too many turnover prone seasons to say I'd put Rivers ahead of Carr right now. I think I could make a pretty solid argument for Carr being the 4th or 5th best QB in the NFL currently. And if we're talking from.this point forward there is literally nobody I would take over DC. He was that good last season and he's gotten better every year and frankly hasn't reached his prime like all those other guys have.

But the question was rank not who would I take. I also said that I was going off of current performance and I didn't say they were better, just broke the top QBs into two tiers.

Not that serious. Of course, I'm riding with Carr over the likes of Bradford or Flacco or Palmer but I will hold my own vs anyone arguing that any of those guys don't belong on the tiers I put them in on current performance. BTW, I mean last year by current performance.

I disagree, respectfully of course. But in terms of level of play strictly off of last season you could argue that Carr was the third or fourth best QB, behind Brady, Ryan, and Rodgers, and really if you go off the entire year Carr might have been better than Rodgers because he was clearly superior for the first half of the season, and then the finger issue and Rodgers picked up his play in a big way. But going strictly off of last season Carr belongs in the elite tier with those guys, clearly superior than guys like Flacco, Manning, Bradford, Palmer etc. I just don't think those guys had anywhere close to the impact DC had nor did they have a similar level of overall play. Going on last year I'd firmly have Carr as a top 5 QB in the first tier with the guys I mentioned and Dak., and then in the second tier I'd have guys like Brees, Big Ben, Wilson, Luck, and Stafford. In the following tier I'd have guys like Winston, Mariota, Rivers, and some of the guys you mentioned. Meaning in my eyes there's the elite, which Carr belongs based off of last season, the pro bowl caliber, and then the young gun QBs that played at a very high level and some older guys on the downside of their prime. Meaning imo based off of last season there is quite a gap between carr's level of play and the play of those guys you put in the same tier. If you talk long term the gap is that much larger between guys like Flacco, Manning, Palmer, etc..

Mr Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:

I think you've summed up my feeling here pretty well!

Rationally, when you look at his level of play and consistency over the last 2 seasons, he's a top 7 QB, it's just having been fooled so many times into thinking guys like Marinovich, Jeff George, Kerry Collins and Russell could potentially be the answer it's almost like we don't want to say anything too loud in fear of jinxing what looks to be our best ever QB prospect Smile

Agreed. We've been snake bit for so long it's easy to keep kicking the can down the road and wanting to see more and more. But DC really has been that good. There are some guys that just have "it" and you know it when you see it. Scary to think that Carr hasn't even reached prime years for most QBS, his level of play is likely to keep rising for the next few years. Also crazy to think that in just a few years he will likely have every/most franchise passing records. I know the eras were different, but still he could set the bar so high in Oakland in terms of passing the rock. I think we have an all time great on our hands and while I get the desire to not be fooled again or not look like a homer or whatever the case is I'm sold on DC now and long term, and I'll go out on that limb. Now obviously witj that comes greater expectations, but if we've seen anything from Carr through 3 years is that his expectations are higher than anyone's and he's up for the challenge.

raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabe Jackson signed. 5 years 56 million

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

The #Raiders are signing G Gabe Jackson to a 5-year extension worth a whopping $56 million, source said. Locking up their future.
3:44 PM - 29 Jun 2017
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Gabe Jackson signed. 5 years 56 million

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

The #Raiders are signing G Gabe Jackson to a 5-year extension worth a whopping $56 million, source said. Locking up their future.
3:44 PM - 29 Jun 2017

Alright then, Reggie. Highest paid Guard tandem in the history of the game! Now it's ring time. Let's get it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that should be it for the offseason regarding extensions. they'll take care of mack next summer and cooper in 2019
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
that should be it for the offseason regarding extensions. they'll take care of mack next summer and cooper in 2019

Yup but we still may sign a few guys as camp comes and goes...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a lot of money, but to have your interior comprised of guys that play at an elite level together locked up for the next several years is huge for an offense. He's earned his money aND has shown he can play at either guard spot at a very high level. Protecting your franchise QB is huge as well.

That 14 class is terrific, changed everything for us, and honestly has the potential to go down as one of the best drafts ever.

oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/GipsySafety/status/880612701017300992
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
https://twitter.com/GipsySafety/status/880612701017300992

Beastmode 2 blocking for Beastmode 1
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we draft our LTOF in next years draft but extend Penn for 1-2 years as well. This class is stacked at left tackle, but we just can't let Penn go when he plays this well.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I think we draft our LTOF in next years draft but extend Penn for 1-2 years as well. This class is stacked at left tackle, but we just can't let Penn go when he plays this well.

That sounds about right though I don't think the class is "stacked". I do like Rankin and Ivey tho.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if any of the top rated LT's will be there when we pick 32nd

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: