You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders Offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
I wonder if any of the top rated LT's will be there when we pick 32nd

Reggie would trade down haha! Pick up another mid round pick.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I think we draft our LTOF in next years draft but extend Penn for 1-2 years as well. This class is stacked at left tackle, but we just can't let Penn go when he plays this well.

Penn's.play will decide it really..If he plays like last year I definitely think we bring him back on a one or two year deal like he got last off season. If he starts to decline we could let him walk, or bring him back for cheaper as depth or an attempted.move.to RT.

Either way I think we draft a guy in the first or second roud, depending on the board. Even if Penn plays great it might allow us to wait until the second, but we can't really wait longer than that (then again most said the same about LB this year). The wild card is the already young OTS on the roster and their development and whether the staff thinks the risk is worth the reward of possibly kicking KO to LT. I think it's something that could definitely happen if Penn struggles at all, and we don't want to throw a rookie out there (but Penn slows enough to not want him protecting DC'S blind side).

But again a lot of it largely depends on Sharpe, Alexander, Kirkland, Newhouse, etc and who comes out the winner at RT and how they preform, Penn's play, and how the draft shapes in terms of talent at the OT position.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you trade next year's 4th rd pick for Calvin Johnson?

If not, what would it take?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:

I wouldn't trade for CJ at all. He's not really an improvement over anyone except Patterson. His injury problems won't change the older he gets. I also wouldn't want his contract. The team needs to get young not older unless they can improve the team and the last I check CJ doesn't play MLB.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:

This is a really tricky question!

He's obviously one of the all time great WRs and it seems he'd be interested, but there are a lot of factors:

He'd showed signs of slowing even in a predominantly passing attack the last couple seasons but we know at his peak he is HoF good.
He has had several nagging injuries and isn't a spring chicken anymore - maybe the cause of his falling slightly off - maybe a sign of things to come.
He'll not be cheap and we still have to sign Mack next year to an extension and Cooper possibly the year after.
We already have Cooper, Crabs, Cook, Patterson and receiving options out of the backfield - do we focus on Calvin and drop their targets or will Calvin be happy to just be one of the options and not the focus?
What if Coop is poised for a big 3rd year jump like some receivers make, would Calvin be detrimental to that by taking targets or a positive as he'd draw coverage away from Cooper?
Would we be effectively swapping Crabs and Calvin, as we wouldn't be able to sustain both long term realistically at their salaries?
He could be the red zone target that takes us over the top and even if he's one season and done, that could potentially be the difference between winning the SB and falling short again.

I probably wouldn't make the trade, I think we've got just enough on O and if anything the D could be our undoing in going all the way. I'd probably be more likely to consider a trade for Navorro Bowman (if we're going high risk to win it all) to stimulate the D. However, I wouldn't be mad if we did trade for a 4th or later next year (possibly even a 3rd) but we'd basically have to win the big one as it could compromise all kinds of things down the road depending on numbers and length of contract.........
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

This is a really tricky question!

He's obviously one of the all time great WRs and it seems he'd be interested, but there are a lot of factors:

He'd showed signs of slowing even in a predominantly passing attack the last couple seasons but we know at his peak he is HoF good.
He has had several nagging injuries and isn't a spring chicken anymore - maybe the cause of his falling slightly off - maybe a sign of things to come.
He'll not be cheap and we still have to sign Mack next year to an extension and Cooper possibly the year after.
We already have Cooper, Crabs, Cook, Patterson and receiving options out of the backfield - do we focus on Calvin and drop their targets or will Calvin be happy to just be one of the options and not the focus?
What if Coop is poised for a big 3rd year jump like some receivers make, would Calvin be detrimental to that by taking targets or a positive as he'd draw coverage away from Cooper?
Would we be effectively swapping Crabs and Calvin, as we wouldn't be able to sustain both long term realistically at their salaries?
He could be the red zone target that takes us over the top and even if he's one season and done, that could potentially be the difference between winning the SB and falling short again.

I probably wouldn't make the trade, I think we've got just enough on O and if anything the D could be our undoing in going all the way. I'd probably be more likely to consider a trade for Navorro Bowman (if we're going high risk to win it all) to stimulate the D. However, I wouldn't be mad if we did trade for a 4th or later next year (possibly even a 3rd) but we'd basically have to win the big one as it could compromise all kinds of things down the road depending on numbers and length of contract.........

Agree with many points here. I also think any trade would be contingent on a big time restructured deal.

I just look at the immeasurable value that could come from having CJ as a 2nd/3rd WR. Moving Patterson to the 4th/gadget/returner spot and Roberts to the 5th/ST spot.

For the record I don't think it will happen and I am happy with how our offense looks, just off-season boredom talking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:

Carr, Johnson, Cooper, Crabtree, Patterson, Lynch and the OL Drool
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest concern would be how a Megatron acquisition would affect the cap going forward.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade a 3rd for Calvin happily.

Even at his absolute worst, he would be a terror in the redzone and a very good #2 receiver.

It won't happen, but an offense with a receiving corps like that could be on Atlanta level, or even greatest show on turf level.

That being said, this is all conjecture, but it's fun to imagine.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
The biggest concern would be how a Megatron acquisition would affect the cap going forward.

We would obviously redo his deal if he was traded to us and if released Reggie would sign him to a good deal like Beast got. That is one of the least concerning things in the equation to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/7/12/15945466/marshawn-lynch-is-player-raider-nation-is-most-excited-about-and-they-have-every-reason-to-be

A very positive spin on the Marshawn Lynch comeback. I wouldn't put as much stock in the PFF numbers as these guys do but I do predict a good season for Lynch though I don't think his average will be anywhere near 5.35 with lots of goal line touches and short yardage runs. Richard and Washington should be able to help ease the load but I'd be surprised if we took and crucial 3rd and short or goal line runs away from Lynch.

Very interesting tackle break and yards after contact stats, if they can be relied upon.......
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

I wouldn't trade for CJ at all. He's not really an improvement over anyone except Patterson. His injury problems won't change the older he gets. I also wouldn't want his contract. The team needs to get young not older unless they can improve the team and the last I check CJ doesn't play MLB.

Calvin Johnson is an easy upgrade over Crabs. I love Crabs but 10 and 11 ypr isn't anything to write home about. Megatron worst is 13.8 if it's about the contract I get it

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:

We would obviously redo his deal if he was traded to us and if released Reggie would sign him to a good deal like Beast got. That is one of the least concerning things in the equation to me.

He's not going to be cheap. There's only so many guys we can pay a decent price for. Cap Wizard or not.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:

He's not going to be cheap. There's only so many guys we can pay a decent price for. Cap Wizard or not.

I don't think he'll be cheap but I think it will be a manageable deal like Beast is. Short, incentive heavy deal with a solid guarantee and an out after each year for both parties. Cj would be coming here for the Super Bowl runs we are hopefully about to go on.

We have plenty of space this year to give him some nice up front money (18mil cap space) and next year the only players that it would hurt us to cut, dead money wise, regardless of how many years are left on their deals, are Carr(25mil), Cooper(7mil) and Joesph(4mil). Every other player on the roster is on a deal we can get rid of with very small financial consequences. We are very flexible cap wise and poised to make a series of playoff runs. Look at any other successful team and they have 5-10 guys with huge amounts of dead money and very little cap flexibility.

Don't under estimate Reggie!

BTW...

Pastor Napoleon‏Verified account @napoleonkaufman

I hear whispers, I hear Megatron whispers.....whispers in the air. 👀 #RAIDERNATION
8:12 PM - 13 Jul 2017

https://twitter.com/napoleonkaufman/status/885698454608986114

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Megatron's itch to play isn't quite gone, he could unretire and the Lions would be on the hook for his $21-million cap hit in 2017. Detroit has just under $6 million in space (according to Over The Cap), meaning the team would likely have to either release or trade him.

Sig by BenderRodriguez

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: