Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns sign Jason McCourty

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 35772
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Browns sign Jason McCourty Reply with quote

Quote:
Source: #Browns are expected to sign veteran CB Jason McCourty after he visited CLE Monday & today, barring a late snag. Big-time addition



Quote:
CB Jason McCourty could’ve waited for camp injury. But familiarity with DC Gregg Williams & a very positive visit sealed it. 2-year deal

_________________
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdraw was right.


2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9386
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see if he can turn things around with a change in scenery, familiar scenery at that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1657
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 years 6 million---2 million guaranteed

Thats a steal for a solid #2/#3 guy to pair with Haden and Taylor. Im almost starting to feel somewhat confident in this front office.

Buuuut most likely



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7650
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCourty is decent when he stays healthy. But he doesn't stay healthy. Hasn't the past 3 or so years. He'll get hurt, play through it, and suck because of it.

If he's coming to be your #4 corner or so, someone who won't see the field a ton he should be fine.
_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1657
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
McCourty is decent when he stays healthy. But he doesn't stay healthy. Hasn't the past 3 or so years. He'll get hurt, play through it, and suck because of it.

If he's coming to be your #4 corner or so, someone who won't see the field a ton he should be fine.


Im thinking a switch to FS might be possible considering the 5 who are currently here are UDFAs or former late round bums.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bananabucket


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1699
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
2 years 6 million---2 million guaranteed

Thats a steal for a solid #2/#3 guy to pair with Haden and Taylor. Im almost starting to feel somewhat confident in this front office.

Buuuut most likely




Who ever said he's solid at anything nowadays
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15328
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
2 years 6 million---2 million guaranteed

Thats a steal for a solid #2/#3 guy to pair with Haden and Taylor. Im almost starting to feel somewhat confident in this front office.

Buuuut most likely




Who ever said he's solid at anything nowadays


AkronsWitness just did. Pay attention.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1657
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
bananabucket wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
2 years 6 million---2 million guaranteed

Thats a steal for a solid #2/#3 guy to pair with Haden and Taylor. Im almost starting to feel somewhat confident in this front office.

Buuuut most likely




Who ever said he's solid at anything nowadays


AkronsWitness just did. Pay attention.


lol woooord

Yea I think McCourty is 'solid'. Not spectacular, but is a much needed proven veteran who brings leadership qualities on a extremely young defense and provide a nice bandaid until they revamp the secondary next offseason.

He was essentially free given the Browns cap space and only 2 years on the deal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15070
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he can still be valuable as a rotational player at this point in his career. He needs to stay healthy.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13421
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the guy stays healthy it could be a very good signing for the Browns. Key words are stay healthy.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90906
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that cost and with their cap they can afford to roll the dice
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group