Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 Wide Receiver Class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: 2018 Wide Receiver Class Reply with quote

I think it's likely we consider drafting a receiver relatively high next year so I did some evaluating.

Calvin Ridley, Alabama
6'1" 188 lbs
Rivals rating: 5 Stars #1 WR in HS 2015
Highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBSYseRcfM

Stats:
FR- 89 catches 1045 yds 11.7 avg 7 TD
SO- 72 catches 769 yds 10.7 avg 7 TD

His stats certainly jump off the page outside of the average yards per catch. Has great body control, good speed. Ideal height for a wide receiver in my opinion. Capable of making things happen after the catch. Abysmal average ypc that I don't understand after seeing a bunch of big plays on his highlight reel. I guess he must've run a lot of screens. No history returning kicks but I feel like he would be capable of creating some magic if put there.

Projected Round: early 1st

Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
5'11" 200 lbs
Rivals rating: 5 stars #3 WR in HS 2015
Highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnhiyNrEyR4

Stats:
FR- 80 catches 1009 yds 12.6 avg 7 TD
SO- 83 catches 928 yds 11.2 avg 9 TD

His stats do no disappoint in any aspect. Im not sure if Ridley or Kirk is my favorite receiver but Kirk seems to do more. He has 5 punt return touchdowns in two years and averaged over 20 yards per return both years. Thick body, doesn't go down easy. Catches the ball very cleanly and easily. It's weird, he's very good at adjusting to the ball as a receiver and finding lanes as a return man but at the same time he looks kinda stiff. Someone will probably laugh at that because he's one of the fastest receivers in college.

Projected round: early 1st

Courtland Sutton SMU
6'3" 205
Rivals rating: N/A 2014
Highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt-0D3pCZcw

Stats:
FR/Medical Redshirt- 2 catches 27 yds 13.5 avg 0 TD
RSFR- 49 catches 862 yds 17.6 avg 9 TD
RSSO- 76 catches 1246 yds 16.4 ypc 12 TD

Sutton wasn't a big named guy coming out of HS and due to an injury, he was unable to have an explosive freshman season like the top two receivers above him on this list. He looks great at finding the ball, making surehanded catches. Looks a little fast against slow competition but I doubt he'll run a very fast 40. A probable red zone threat. I think this guy could really make the Bears forget about Alshon since the catches he makes in college really look like some of the catches Alshon made. Im going to grade him as a 1st-2nd round pick but I'm willing to bet he goes round 1.

Projected round: 1st-2nd

Equanimeous St Brown, Notre Dame
6'4" 205 lbs
Rivals rating: 4 stars #15 WR in HS 2015
Highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-8BNzcGBAF8

Stats:
FR- 1 catches 8 yds 8.0 avg 0 TD
SO- 58 catches 961 yds 16.6 avg 9 TD

I'm taking a gamble saying he'll enter the draft and taking another gamble saying he will go high. As a Notre Dame fan, I watched him every game and he was clearly the only receiver on the team even worth watching. Shows flashes of brilliance. Very tall receiver. I'd mostly be concerned if the bears took him because the fanbase couldn't even handle spelling Jeffery right, no way they'll ever be able to handle Equanimeous. Or even Brown, for that matter. Decent after the catch. Has "extendo" arms. Makes a lot of acrobatic plays where he flips end over end to end up in the end zone. Makes too many catches with his body and not his hands though.

Projected round: 2nd

Antonio Callaway, Florida
5'11" 197 lbs
Rivals rating: 4 stars #36 WR in HS 2015
Highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MNcuxLvpI-k

Stats:
FR- 35 catches 678 yds 19.4 avg 4 TD
SO- 54 catches 721 yds 13.4 avg 3 TD

Was a decent punt returner at a freshman, not so much as a sophomore. Has superb hands. Plays taller than he really is. Occasionally shifty enough to gain extra yards. Definitely looks like a possession receiver: a guy who has sure hands. Makes a bunch of circus catches.

Projected round: 2nd

I'll continue on the list later because kids are crying lol
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Washington might not be as fast as I'm about to say, but when he has the ball in the open field, no one looks faster IMO.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think WR very well could be a top need next offseason. I have Kevin White going 1000+ yards and Meredith falling off a cliff.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I think WR very well could be a top need next offseason. I have Kevin White going 1000+ yards and Meredith falling off a cliff.

Why? White hasn't even shown one flicker of potential yet
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

I will take that bet.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

Every time I see Kevin white running the ball on a screen he looks like a giraffe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: