Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How do you guys feel..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: How do you guys feel.. Reply with quote

..about our lbs? Just read an espn article that said Wade sees barron as a linebacker. I dont see him getting off blocks consistently as a mlb and I always thought olgetree was better on the outside.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I'll say is trust in Wade. If anybody has earned the right to have fans trust his judgement it's Wade. If Wade thinks they'll be good as his ILB duo then that's good for me. Aside from that Tree was very effective last year as an MLB for us and the move to 3-4 is going back to his role at Georgia so it's not a big move for him.

I also read something this week where since we traded for Barron and moved him he has more stuffs than any other LB in the league. Buchanon is doing good in the same role for Az but people don't seem to believe Wade that Barron can do it too.

Either way Tree is a free agent after this year and we can get out of Barron deal easier next year. So this will be a year long audition. We have some young guys behind them. Wade has a history of low round draft picks at his ILB so maybe he makes somebody like Forrest a stud or Hager. Either way ILB is the least of my concerns this year.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: How do you guys feel.. Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
..about our lbs? Just read an espn article that said Wade sees barron as a linebacker. I dont see him getting off blocks consistently as a mlb and I always thought olgetree was better on the outside.
This is not an indictment on Barron, but I think Wade kind of has to see him as a LB. What else is he gonna be. He wasnt great as a Safety which is why he was moved in the first place. We have a true SS in Mo Alexander, and Barron would have to completely change his game to go back to being a true safety. Not to mention he is an $11 million Cap hit sitting there, and we are thin as it is at the LB spot.

All of that to say, this is basically a 1 year tryout for Barron (like it is for many on this roster) as we can safe $7mil if he is cut next offseason.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel okay. Wade's scheme values speed and ability to attack the ball. I think we have that. If he becomes concerned that we don't have a thumper, they're never hard to find. He's always been good at finding and developing ILBs. I trust him here. He's quite great at putting guys in a position to thrive. I expect he'll do that with Barron and Ogletree.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

price played a little bit inside at the tryout/rookie camp.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if Daryl Washington is in shape and can still play. Low risk. Sign him for depth or for the rotation in general.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
See if Daryl Washington is in shape and can still play. Low risk. Sign him for depth or for the rotation in general.

That flies in the face of every move they're making right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's look at the defense as a whole, I didn't know the Rams ranked 9th in total defense, 9th in pass defense, and 16th in rush defense. Considering the blow outs the Rams were in the 2nd half of the season and teams ran a lot to just run out the clock In surprised the Rams still ranked average against the run. The obvious ranking the Rams have to improve is 23rd in points allowed per game.

I mentioned that because a lot of people were saying it's a MUST the Rams draft for the secondary high in the draft but yet they ranked 9th against the pass, that's way higher than the Giants who spent a ton of money on defense especially paying JJ a ton of money. Not only that but consider Tru had a down season, the other cornerbacks were okay at best and Quinn missed a lot of games last season, the Rams defense really didn't suffer a lot. I think Wade will definitely improved this defense to dare I say top 5. That alone should help the Rams win at least 4 or 5 games along. I think the Rams also have to improve on getting takeaways which Wade will have them do just like he had Denver doing. Denver defense not only took the ball away often but they scored off those takeaways on defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: