Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills hire Gaine and Schoen in Front Office.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Bills hire Gaine and Schoen in Front Office. Reply with quote

Beane appears to be killing it as this GM thing so far bringing in two highly regarded guys around the league as Brian Gaine as been named the VP of Player Personnel and Joe Schoen as Assistant GM.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-name-Brian-Gaine-Vice-President-of-Player-Personnel/c233bd51-777f-4588-b136-a95b2656602f

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-name-Joe-Schoen-Assistant-GM/5c91f049-46c8-426d-a0cb-563d894247c8

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Gaine did it with no promotion. Great get.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feels so weird, we're doing so many things right..

leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what does this mean for Overdorf? Is he out?
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good hires according to what I've read about them and how they are viewed around the league. Seems kind of an odd move for Gaine but sounds like a hell of a get for the Bills. I really hope the Pegulas give this staff at least three seasons, I feel like we've got some really good people in place. Although it's pretty easy to think that in the offseason...

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Really good hires according to what I've read about them and how they are viewed around the league. Seems kind of an odd move for Gaine but sounds like a hell of a get for the Bills. I really hope the Pegulas give this staff at least three seasons, I feel like we've got some really good people in place. Although it's pretty easy to think that in the offseason...

I think the key will be to remember that these front office members basically will have nothing to do with the roster thats put on the field. With FA and the draft already over, they kind of just have to roll with this season.

I think McDermott will be a great coach, but this roster is still pretty flawed and is at least a year away from seriously contending IMO.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:

Beane said he will see how Overdorf does, and show Overdorf how he handles contracts then go from there. So seems like he will be here a little longer but he is far from safe.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

I think the key will be to remember that these front office members basically will have nothing to do with the roster thats put on the field. With FA and the draft already over, they kind of just have to roll with this season.

I think McDermott will be a great coach, but this roster is still pretty flawed and is at least a year away from seriously contending IMO.
I definitely agree. I think if we win seven games this season it is a pretty good season giving the schedule and talent on the team. I meant more along the lines of you don't really know how personnel moves will work out before any games have been played.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Pegulas committed to this pair with Beane and McDermott and whether it is good or bad these 2 will probably serve out their 5 year contract. Stability is key and this is the way to do it by committing the 5 years to a complete rebuild at the front office and coaching staff.

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I think the Pegulas committed to this pair with Beane and McDermott and whether it is good or bad these 2 will probably serve out their 5 year contract. Stability is key and this is the way to do it by committing the 5 years to a complete rebuild at the front office and coaching staff.
I think that is easier to say than to actually follow through with though. What happens if it's the end of year three of their deal and we've had another 6-10 or 7-9 season and we're going on 20 years without a playoff appearance. It is going to be a lot tougher for the Pegulas to have patience and I don't think it's a given that they'll be given their full deal to prove their worth.

leeevans83d

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:

Beane said he will see how Overdorf does, and show Overdorf how he handles contracts then go from there. So seems like he will be here a little longer but he is far from safe.

Ok, thanks for that. Interesting that they are willing to try and work together when he has a chance to bring in fresh ideas and new people.

I originally thought those two had the same job title, meaning that Overdorf was being replaced, but I was wrong. Overdorf's official title is "Sr. VP of Football Administration" and Gaine's is "VP of Player Personnel".
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
I think that is easier to say than to actually follow through with though. What happens if it's the end of year three of their deal and we've had another 6-10 or 7-9 season and we're going on 20 years without a playoff appearance. It is going to be a lot tougher for the Pegulas to have patience and I don't think it's a given that they'll be given their full deal to prove their worth.

It is going to be possible they get those records but to be honest letting coaches go and gms after 3 years of failing not to make playoffs will cause the bills to repeat themselves after that. Pegulas have to be strong and stick with this core for 5 years just to build a team rather then build part of a team change coaches and front office and then they come in and build what they want and start this miserable cycle over and over again. Sticking with a gm and coach who failed the 1st 3 years is going to suck for fans but longterm it may be the best option for this organization as it hasnt had stability since marv levy left as a HC.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hired Malik Boyd as Director of Pro Personnel was the Assistant Director of Pro Scouting for Arizona. He will be a step down from Gaine on the totem pole.

Also a rumor that we may hire Marvin Allen for the College Scouting side. He would be on same level as Boyd except scouting college players. He has helped build the Patriots, Falcons and now works for the Chiefs

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beane has got some nice connections.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Beane has got some nice connections.

You've got that right.

Interesting that everyone in the executive world sees Buffalo as "the place to be" right now. McDermott and Beane must be extremely-highly regarded in the inner-circles of the league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: