You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Laquon Treadwell: Year 2 as a Viking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
That is bold....and I could certainly envision a scenario where Wright is cut, but I just don't see it happening...especially when it's likely that Floyd is going to be suspended to start the season. The likely scenario is that Wright initially makes the 53, but then either he or one of the young guys is cut when Floyd returns

#1 - Stefon Diggs
#2 - Adam Thielen
#3 - Laquon Treadwell
#4 - Michael Floyd (susp) or Jarius Wright
#5 - Stacy Coley or Isaac Fruechte
#6 - Rodney Adams

MoBo ain't making the 53.

You're probably right about that, but I'm pulling for him. It's such a feel-good story, you've got to hope he succeeds. #GoMoBoGo!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the biggest questions heading into the 2017 season for the Minnesota Vikings is whether 2016 draft picks Laquon Treadwell and Mackensie Alexander will become major contributors.

On a conference call with the Twin Cities media on Friday, Mike Zimmer said he has been pleased with the growth of both over the offseason.

Treadwell caught just one pass last season and was routinely inactive. In part, he couldn’t get on the field because the former Ole Miss star struggled with route depth. The Vikings’ head coach said he has seen improvement in that area.

“Laquon is an extremely hard worker, maybe he even works too hard, he’ll come in evenings and work,” Zimmer said. “He’s been running routes good, he’s caught the ball well…I think he’s developing a trust with the quarterback. That’s most important, that trust with receivers, that they can get the right depth and be in the right place.”

During Wednesday’s practice, Treadwell made the play of the day with a long catch against cornerback Xavier Rhodes. The play caught Zimmer’s attention.

“He looks good, his stopping and starting, some of the routes he’s been running as far as when he has to come back…when he has to accelerate over the middle, inside breaks in routes, and you guys saw him catch the deep ball the other day. I think his game has expanded, I think he’s so much more comfortable now than he was a year ago.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/05/zimmer-points-offseason-progress-16-top-picks-treadwell-alexander/

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treadwell: “I’m having a lot of fun just being back and doing the thing I love and doing it every day. It’s a blessing to be out there with the team and the starters. I’m helping the younger guys out from my experience last year, it was a blessing in disguise. Helping them with the playbook, I actually know what I’m talking about. It allows you to play faster and have fun. Guys were saying last year that your first year is you swimming and trying to figure it all out, then your second year it slows down, and each year after that, it slows down even more. It’s slowed down a lot, I wouldn’t say I’m comfortable but I’m more in tune with what’s going on and how to play and how to get open in the league.”

Zimmer: “He’s been running routes good, and he’s caught the ball well. Even in these first few days, Bradford made a nice deep throw to him that he caught and adjusted well. He’s catching the ball really well, and he’s running good routes. I think he’s developing a trust with the quarterback, and the most important thing is that quarterback trusts the receivers to be at the right place. He’s looked much different than he did a year ago.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Health-System-Mentality-Helping-Laquon-Treadwells-2nd-Offseason-/2f9d8c51-6149-42fa-b26c-5f86dc59b2ed

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shurmur: “He came back and he was really on point with what he’s supposed to be doing mentally. He’s been out here competing and doing a nice job running routes and catching the ball and understanding where he fits in the running game and who to block. To this point, we’ve been really pleased with his progress based on a year ago. He’s had a great, in my opinion, five-and-a-half weeks.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/29/vikings-adam-thielen-looks-to-show-last-season-wasnt-a-fluke/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laquon Treadwell has heard people refer to him as a first-round bust. Taken 23rd overall in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Vikings wide receiver barely played as a rookie, catching one pass all season for 15 yards.

Treadwell: “It doesn’t irk me at all because I go out there every day and I know what I can do and I see my potential and I see everything right in front of me, so I don’t really worry about the naysayers. I believe a lot of things are going to happen that nobody expects from me."

“Honestly, I didn’t think anything [about the Vikings signing Michael Floyd], I just kind of took it for what it was. The coaches addressed me before they signed him and told me, ‘Just keep working hard and getting better.’ My future depends on me, what I do on the field, so I can’t really worry about him. A lot of people wish they were in my position, and I take it as a blessing. I continue to work hard. Everybody has a story; everybody goes through something to get where they need to be.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/02/vikings-wr-laquon-treadwell-i-dont-worry-about-the-naysayers/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treadwell’s health was an issue more than the Vikings, including Treadwell, let on last season. A broken thumb, hamstring and ankle injuries compounded with lingering pain Treadwell said began with the broken fibula and dislocated ankle at Ole Miss two years prior. Pushing through that frustration was another learning experience for Treadwell, whom head coach Mike Zimmer said looks “much more comfortable” than a year ago.

The Vikings are giving Treadwell his chances to earn a starting role and contribute this season. The 22-year-old receiver worked as the starting split end throughout the offseason with recently signed veteran Michael Floyd running routes behind him. Floyd is likely facing an NFL suspension to start this season. Now can Treadwell translate his physical gifts, which include long arms and soft hands, into production? First-year receivers coach Darrell Hazell said last month he wants to see Treadwell’s toughness emerge at the line of scrimmage, where he felt he was knocked off balance too much when watching his limited rookie tape.

http://www.startribune.com/the-17-most-important-vikings-in-2017-no-10-wr-laquon-treadwell/433639433/

Freakout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken thumb? I missed that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, just a little bit concerned about his past injuries now. I know it takes long time to heal, but if they contributed to him not playing last year, I really hope it's not an issue going forward as well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: