Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Laquon Treadwell: Year 2 as a Viking
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82785
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Laquon Treadwell: Year 2 as a Viking Reply with quote



with Diggs and Thielen emerging as bona fide starters, and now the free agent acquisition of Michael Floyd, there is pressure on Treadwell to produce or slip very far down our wide receiver roster.

what say you, Viking Clan, can he show real value this year to the team, or will it be two seasons in a row of non productivity?






.
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heimdallr


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 10431
Location: Himinbjörg
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think signing Floyd gives Treadwell another year to learn and develop without much pressure. As long as he can contribute as the #4 WR and show improvement when he gets called upon, that is good enough this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23404
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I said earlier, with Floyd suspended the first 2 games, Treadwell will get his chance as the #3 WR going into the season.

if he performs well there, do we keep Floyd as our #4, or will he move up in the depth chart? sounds like a good problem to have on our hands.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bermuda Viking


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 5292
Location: Paget, Bermuda
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great hands but can't still can't separate from NFL corners. I don't know if that has improved in the off-season. His jump ball fight for the ball ability was of vital need in the red zone but he wasnt utilized there at all and we drafted Bucky Hodges who looks like the jump ball guy at this point. I think Treadwell could get lost in the mix here now.
_________________

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7893
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Treadwell will surprise. And I think he'll take over that #3 spot and won't relinquish it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Moderator
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 13103
Location: Marshall
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I think signing Floyd gives Treadwell another year to learn and develop without much pressure. As long as he can contribute as the #4 WR and show improvement when he gets called upon, that is good enough this year.

Exactly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7893
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are expecting way too much from Floyd. Remember, this guy is going to miss all of the offseason workouts until training camp, and likely won't get together with anyone for private workouts before training camp.

Expecting a guy to gain chemistry and learn the playbook in a few weeks during training camp doesn't sound like enough time to make a big impact.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Moderator
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 13103
Location: Marshall
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Expecting a guy to gain chemistry and learn the playbook in a few weeks during training camp doesn't sound like enough time to make a big impact.

That's about a month more than Bradford had last year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 8213
Location: Sioux City/ University of Iowa
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he doesn't contribute this year, like more than the #4, then we have to start bringing up the "bust" word
_________________


Quote:
#Vikings H.C. Mike Zimmer: "I agree that it was a cheap shot. [Gregg Williams'] defenses are all like that."

FFMD '15 Vikings VP of Public Relations
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28420
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
Expecting a guy to gain chemistry and learn the playbook in a few weeks during training camp doesn't sound like enough time to make a big impact.

That's about a month more than Bradford had last year


Bradford was more of an exception to the rule.

As far as Treadwell goes, I just expect him to be a solid contributor in the red zone. While we should certainly expect a little more from a 1st round pick, that doesn't matter at this point. I just expect to see progress from him...maybe 30 recs or so.
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Biggs Beefcakes


Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 295
Location: Faribault/Eden Prairie
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I think people are expecting way too much from Floyd. Remember, this guy is going to miss all of the offseason workouts until training camp, and likely won't get together with anyone for private workouts before training camp.

Expecting a guy to gain chemistry and learn the playbook in a few weeks during training camp doesn't sound like enough time to make a big impact.


Like Bradford last year?

I'm skeptical on Treadwell. Liked the pick at the time but when you have one catch in your rookie year on a team that doesn't exactly have greatness at WR, there's good cause for concern.

Maybe the injuries hurt him last year and sapped him of opportunity at the most inopportune moments. Maybe he didn't get chemistry with Bradford. Maybe he couldn't pick up the playbook and maybe Norv's offense didn't play to his strength.

He's out of excuses now. Floyd is a low-risk, high-reward pickup who certainly could bust. Treadwell needs to show something this year because if he's not providing value as a WR, he's not providing anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eric dunn


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 7115
Location: San Antonio, TX
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the pick last year, and still like it. But i will admit im getting a little concerned about his progress.
_________________

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
byuvike88


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 4604
Location: Shelley Idaho
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
Great hands but can't still can't separate from NFL corners. I don't know if that has improved in the off-season. His jump ball fight for the ball ability was of vital need in the red zone but he wasnt utilized there at all and we drafted Bucky Hodges who looks like the jump ball guy at this point. I think Treadwell could get lost in the mix here now.


Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Hodges. As much work as Treadwell has, Hodges has more so.

I think Treadwell will progress well this year. He is a worker and I think he will begin to catch on and have a solid season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 5329
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treadwell. Treadwell.

That name sounds familiar for some reason. Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 28420
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Treadwell. Treadwell.

That name sounds familiar for some reason. Think


David Treadwell? That former kicker guy for the Broncos?
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group