Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Laquon Treadwell: Year 2 as a Viking
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Laquon Treadwell: Year 2 as a Viking Reply with quote

with Diggs and Thielen emerging as bona fide starters, and now the free agent acquisition of Michael Floyd, there is pressure on Treadwell to produce or slip very far down our wide receiver roster.

what say you, Viking Clan, can he show real value this year to the team, or will it be two seasons in a row of non productivity?

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think signing Floyd gives Treadwell another year to learn and develop without much pressure. As long as he can contribute as the #4 WR and show improvement when he gets called upon, that is good enough this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I said earlier, with Floyd suspended the first 2 games, Treadwell will get his chance as the #3 WR going into the season.

if he performs well there, do we keep Floyd as our #4, or will he move up in the depth chart? sounds like a good problem to have on our hands.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great hands but can't still can't separate from NFL corners. I don't know if that has improved in the off-season. His jump ball fight for the ball ability was of vital need in the red zone but he wasnt utilized there at all and we drafted Bucky Hodges who looks like the jump ball guy at this point. I think Treadwell could get lost in the mix here now.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Treadwell will surprise. And I think he'll take over that #3 spot and won't relinquish it.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I think signing Floyd gives Treadwell another year to learn and develop without much pressure. As long as he can contribute as the #4 WR and show improvement when he gets called upon, that is good enough this year.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are expecting way too much from Floyd. Remember, this guy is going to miss all of the offseason workouts until training camp, and likely won't get together with anyone for private workouts before training camp.

Expecting a guy to gain chemistry and learn the playbook in a few weeks during training camp doesn't sound like enough time to make a big impact.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Expecting a guy to gain chemistry and learn the playbook in a few weeks during training camp doesn't sound like enough time to make a big impact.

That's about a month more than Bradford had last year

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he doesn't contribute this year, like more than the #4, then we have to start bringing up the "bust" word

Quote:
#Vikings H.C. Mike Zimmer: "I agree that it was a cheap shot. [Gregg Williams'] defenses are all like that."

FFMD '15 Vikings VP of Public Relations
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

That's about a month more than Bradford had last year

Bradford was more of an exception to the rule.

As far as Treadwell goes, I just expect him to be a solid contributor in the red zone. While we should certainly expect a little more from a 1st round pick, that doesn't matter at this point. I just expect to see progress from him...maybe 30 recs or so.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Biggs Beefcakes

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I think people are expecting way too much from Floyd. Remember, this guy is going to miss all of the offseason workouts until training camp, and likely won't get together with anyone for private workouts before training camp.

Like Bradford last year?

I'm skeptical on Treadwell. Liked the pick at the time but when you have one catch in your rookie year on a team that doesn't exactly have greatness at WR, there's good cause for concern.

Maybe the injuries hurt him last year and sapped him of opportunity at the most inopportune moments. Maybe he didn't get chemistry with Bradford. Maybe he couldn't pick up the playbook and maybe Norv's offense didn't play to his strength.

He's out of excuses now. Floyd is a low-risk, high-reward pickup who certainly could bust. Treadwell needs to show something this year because if he's not providing value as a WR, he's not providing anything.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the pick last year, and still like it. But i will admit im getting a little concerned about his progress.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
byuvike88

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
Great hands but can't still can't separate from NFL corners. I don't know if that has improved in the off-season. His jump ball fight for the ball ability was of vital need in the red zone but he wasnt utilized there at all and we drafted Bucky Hodges who looks like the jump ball guy at this point. I think Treadwell could get lost in the mix here now.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Hodges. As much work as Treadwell has, Hodges has more so.

I think Treadwell will progress well this year. He is a worker and I think he will begin to catch on and have a solid season.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treadwell. Treadwell.

That name sounds familiar for some reason. Think
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Treadwell. Treadwell.

That name sounds familiar for some reason. Think

David Treadwell? That former kicker guy for the Broncos?

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: