You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CLE/NYJ/49ers- Figuring Out the '18 QB Race for a Top-2 Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
My own personal odds making as of today.

40% chance we are looking for a QB next year.
25% chance Kessler is the answer and we won't be looking.
25% chance Osweiler is the answer and we won't be looking.
10% chance Kizer is the answer and we won't be looking.

I'll give mines

100% fact Deshone Kizer is our franchise QB

If he turns out to be the guy, I will be thrilled. I am rooting for the guy, I am rooting for all QBs on the roster. I just want the question answered so we can get on with contending for a championship.

That said...... good luck with those odds.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
If we are talking about a QB in the 2018 then why did we draft Kizer? We could have had several defensive players and went with Kessler and Brock. Big reason why I was mad at the Kizer pick. We need to give him time to see if he develops. If we pick a top QB next year, what are we going to do?

that is all

Mastercheddaar

We are talking about qbs next year because he is an uncertain project. Nothing wrong with the pick it's self, just made a round and a half too early.

apparently not, as the same questions keep being asked over and over. When the questions stop, then I stop answering.
so basically, "ask me no more questions and i'll tell you no more lies"?

No, its pretty much stop asking the same question, or a variation of the same question, over and over, and expecting a different answer.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
If we are talking about a QB in the 2018 then why did we draft Kizer? We could have had several defensive players and went with Kessler and Brock. Big reason why I was mad at the Kizer pick. We need to give him time to see if he develops. If we pick a top QB next year, what are we going to do?

that is all

Mastercheddaar

We are talking about qbs next year because he is an uncertain project. Nothing wrong with the pick it's self, just made a round and a half too early.

apparently not, as the same questions keep being asked over and over. When the questions stop, then I stop answering.

No, its pretty much stop asking the same question, or a variation of the same question, over and over, and expecting a different answer.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I'm assuming the irony and humor in this post is lost on you?
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kizer pick really is interesting as it concerns our level of patience and faith in him as an organization.

On the one hand, you only invested a mid to late 2nd round pick in the guy, and not all the chips are on the table. You are also highly aware that if he is going to be successful, he's still a project, and his best chance is developing 1-2 years before really taking over.

On the other hand, some real high percentage options could be presented at the position in 2018, before we know what we really have in Kizer's potential. It could be very revealing, the level of faith and patience that is in Kizer. If they choose to go another route before really knowing what they have, it's obviously because they like those odds better. At the same time, it negates the logic of the Kizer pick, because you likely go into that situation fully aware that he's unlikely to look great in 2017. Not having 2018 foresight in 2017 however, the management doesn't know what will be there next offseason. We can say with a pretty good level of confidence though that a few QBs with potential will be in the draft and pathetically 2+ franchise QBs should be accessible either through FA or trade.
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
The Kizer pick really is interesting as it concerns our level of patience and faith in him as an organization.

On the one hand, you only invested a mid to late 2nd round pick in the guy, and not all the chips are on the table. You are also highly aware that if he is going to be successful, he's still a project, and his best chance is developing 1-2 years before really taking over.

On the other hand, some real high percentage options could be presented at the position in 2018, before we know what we really have in Kizer's potential. It could be very revealing, the level of faith and patience that is in Kizer. If they choose to go another route before really knowing what they have, it's obviously because they like those odds better. At the same time, it negates the logic of the Kizer pick, because you likely go into that situation fully aware that he's unlikely to look great in 2017. Not having 2018 foresight in 2017 however, the management doesn't know what will be there next offseason. We can say with a pretty good level of confidence though that a few QBs with potential will be in the draft and pathetically 2+ franchise QBs should be accessible either through FA or trade.

Barring an outstanding year from Kizer, the Browns still MUST go the Franchise QB route in 2018.

Leave it to the Browns, a team that doesn't have a Franchise QB, to forego drafting a franchise QB/acquiring one in free agency/trade like Cousins/Jimmy because we "might" have one in Kizer.

Draft the Franchise QB, and if Kizer is a stud/we have drafted a stud, then you have two and can absolutely trade one of them for a king's ransom...just not in the division/conference.

After 25+ years of not having that Franchise QB, I'd gladly take two. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

If he had any self-awareness, he would have deleted his account already.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:

Barring an outstanding year from Kizer, the Browns still MUST go the Franchise QB route in 2018.

Leave it to the Browns, a team that doesn't have a Franchise QB, to forego drafting a franchise QB/acquiring one in free agency/trade like Cousins/Jimmy because we "might" have one in Kizer.

Draft the Franchise QB, and if Kizer is a stud/we have drafted a stud, then you have two and can absolutely trade one of them for a king's ransom...just not in the division/conference.

I'm telling you all once Kizer makes that first pump fake touchdown pass for 30+ yards to Coleman you guys will understand

There is a lot of football to be played I really think next years class is really becoming overblown after Darnold and Rosen

We will see where we end up but I'm telling you guys your gonna love Kizer

I don't even think Kizer has to have a Dak type season. But I believe hes going to make enough plays and take command of this team to the point where we will trust him and build around him going forward.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I don't know, I'm still waiting for his answer about what he thought about the QBs. Confused
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I don't know, I'm still waiting for his answer about what he thought about the QBs. Confused

Specifically Osweiler.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Specifically Osweiler.

My oh my I forgot about that!
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:

The only thing I would add, is not just Kizer, but any QB, unless anyone steps up and lays claim to the job with next to no doubt about him going forward, you take the guy next year.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

If he had any self-awareness, he would have deleted his account already.

I am very self aware, just not as much aware of myself as the fanboys on this site (you included). Smile

I do give credit where credit is due however, at least I haven't seen you constantly talking about the nectar of the gods on here (my jizz) as others have been guilty of.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
I do give credit where credit is due however, at least I haven't seen you constantly talking about the nectar of the gods on here (my jizz) as others have been guilty of.

If you'd have dropped it by now everyone else would've as well. You are keeping it alive more than they are at this point.

Cut the sexual references, you and everyone else, that includes byproducts thereof.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: