Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears cut Royal, Edison, Sutton, Lasike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Bears cut Royal, Edison, Sutton, Lasike Reply with quote

per Biggs
Tyty

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well okay then
Tyty

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait it says Sutton not Sitton. Carry on.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three pretty obvious moves.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess Royal is healthy now....good riddance to Sutton

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Epyon

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also fwiw, there's been some scuttlebutt today about Zach Miller being on the trade block.

Nothing really confirmation wise, but just doubling down on something said previously, where the Bears where apparently going to be shopping Miller if we ended up drafting a TE (which we clearly did with Shaheen)

Might end up making a bit more sense of our other TE moves this offseason, if we're expecting to send Miller packing (namely no real rumors of us going to a double TE formation... and us having a number of potential slot WR options right now which would seemingly directly compete with a double TE formation). Him being on the older side is probably a big consideration, and he could very well fetch some late round value for a team looking for immediate help.

Interesting that I haven't heard anything about potentially shopping Grasu, I figured that was a more obvious potential tradee.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Sutton was a big favorite around here before he was drafted. Not on the Alshon Jeffery level, but he was a popular guy.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
Also fwiw, there's been some scuttlebutt today about Zach Miller being on the trade block.

Nothing really confirmation wise, but just doubling down on something said previously, where the Bears where apparently going to be shopping Miller if we ended up drafting a TE (which we clearly did with Shaheen)

Might end up making a bit more sense of our other TE moves this offseason, if we're expecting to send Miller packing (namely no real rumors of us going to a double TE formation... and us having a number of potential slot WR options right now which would seemingly directly compete with a double TE formation). Him being on the older side is probably a big consideration, and he could very well fetch some late round value for a team looking for immediate help.

Interesting that I haven't heard anything about potentially shopping Grasu, I figured that was a more obvious potential tradee.

What could they get for Zach Miller? a 12th round pick?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Epyon wrote:

What could they get for Zach Miller? a 12th round pick?

Half of a MARS Bar.
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:

I think his name, and Fuller's, will be more in play once camps start.

Surprised they cut Sutton, though. Figured he'd stick as a "body" guy...
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprises.

But man does or continue to confirm how TERRIBLE Phil Emery was.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Man, Sutton was a big favorite around here before he was drafted. Not on the Alshon Jeffery level, but he was a popular guy.

Sutton was drafted very specifically for the 4-3 as a 3 tech though and is a complete misfit in a 3-4. At least he was serviceable in a rotation role despite the scheme misfit which speaks to his work ethic. I think a 4-3 team is gonna get good value on Sutton. Ego IMO was the far bigger miss seeing as how his skills were supposed to be scheme versatile and he wasn't any good in either one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: