Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Rookie Mini Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Didn't realize Cohen's hands were that big. I'm 6'6 and my hands are only 9 1/2 Shocked

Carnie Hands

Do you also smell like cabbage?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Stoltz

Quote:
had another very impressive showing. During the first 11-on-11 session, he ran a drag pattern and was open after clearing the far hash. Trubisky fired a pass that was a foot behind his target, yet Shaheen reached back with both hands and hauled in the pass as his feet slid out from underneath him. Great catch.
During 7-on-7 drills, Trubisky and Shaheen connected on three straight plays. The first: Shaheen ran a double move but the LB was in his hip. Trubisky's pass was just outside the outstretched arm of the defender and Shaheen was able to haul in the tough catch.
The second was a on a deep cross in which Trubisky hit Shaheen through a tight window between the two safeties.
The third was on a quick out. As the play was dying, two defenders gave Shaheen a shot as he hit the sideline. Shaheen did not take kindly to the hits, shoving both players back a yard.

I am getting pretty excited.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Jeremy Stoltz

Quote:
had another very impressive showing. During the first 11-on-11 session, he ran a drag pattern and was open after clearing the far hash. Trubisky fired a pass that was a foot behind his target, yet Shaheen reached back with both hands and hauled in the pass as his feet slid out from underneath him. Great catch.
During 7-on-7 drills, Trubisky and Shaheen connected on three straight plays. The first: Shaheen ran a double move but the LB was in his hip. Trubisky's pass was just outside the outstretched arm of the defender and Shaheen was able to haul in the tough catch.
The second was a on a deep cross in which Trubisky hit Shaheen through a tight window between the two safeties.
The third was on a quick out. As the play was dying, two defenders gave Shaheen a shot as he hit the sideline. Shaheen did not take kindly to the hits, shoving both players back a yard.

Apparently the 2 are also rooming together. I feel a major bond forming between the 2. I think Shaheen could end up being a 60 -70 catch TE once Trubisky takes over.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Jeremy Stoltz

Quote:

Apparently the 2 are also rooming together. I feel a major bond forming between the 2. I think Shaheen could end up being a 60 -70 catch TE once Trubisky takes over.

If he lives up to what he has done so far he will be that as a rookie...we are all looking for a #1 WR...who's to say we aren't about to become a Kansas City situation where Kelce is their #1 receiver.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just glad that Shaheen's size and athletic ability pop when being watched by NFL beat writers.

They clearly know when a guy does not look the part.

That is all we can really hope for in a rookie mini camp.
Tyty

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentry our new Marcus Monk?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:

Don't be crazy...this man is a clear cross between Mike Haas & Dave Ball Laughing

Seriously tho he does actually have a shot to make this roster if he can play special teams...he's more of a natural receiver than Thompson but has too show up in the 4th phase.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Tyty wrote:

Don't be crazy...this man is a clear cross between Mike Haas & Dave Ball Laughing

Seriously tho he does actually have a shot to make this roster if he can play special teams...he's more of a natural receiver than Thompson but has too show up in the 4th phase.

I actually think he has a shot as well. He needs to push Braverman off the team and work in the slot. But at 6'1" 208 he has great size for slot guy.

We could use a UDFA to step up this year with only 5 picks.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Later, during 11-on-11s, Trubisky ran a play-action naked bootleg, outraced the outside linebacker to far sideline and fired a strike on the run to Gentry. As on film, his accuracy and arm strength are top-tier on the run as well.

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/05/one-name-dominated-early-bears-rookie-minicamp/
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a lot of FSU and thought Kermit Whitfield would stick, but after hearing how impressive Cohen has been and that he'll likely be the KR (and maybe PR too), Whitfield had no shot at the roster.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Watched a lot of FSU and thought Kermit Whitfield would stick, but after hearing how impressive Cohen has been and that he'll likely be the KR (and maybe PR too), Whitfield had no shot at the roster.

Quote:
Bears signed WR Titus Davis and waived WR Kermit Whitfield.

The older brother of Titans first-round pick Corey Davis, Titus was nearly as productive as his sibling at Central Michigan, but is more size (6'1/196) and athleticism deficient with 4.51 speed and a 32 1/2-inch vertical. Titus went undrafted in 2015 and has been bouncing around ever since.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to not really care about the UDFAs and that period, but after 2015 I don't know how you couldn't.

Cam Meredith and Bryce Callahan are 2/3 of the best players we picked up that draft.

People rip the 2015 draft, myself included, but if Pace had drafted Meredith in the 6th and Callahan in the 7th we would be losing it over that draft.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Jahns: Trubisky’s bobbled snaps are worth mentioning. Fans in Bourbonnais will complain about them if they happen in training camp. But they come as no surprise because he spent years only in the shotgun during college. What stood out was his arm strength. His accuracy is an obvious positive. It’s what everyone points to when assessing his strengths. But the velocity Trubisky had on his throws — including some into tight windows — was impressive. He had more zip than expected. Trubisky also handled his media responsibilities well. He seemed nervous initially, but when the conversation shifted from him to tight end Adam Shaheen, he beamed. Trubisky appears to have a team-first outlook in that regard.

Patrick Finley: When veterans play alongside Trubisky during organized team activities, they’ll see someone who learned quickly how to command a pro huddle. “Real down-to-earth guy. Very assertive with the way he calls everything,” said guard Jordan Morgan, a fifth-round pick. “He’s trying to be a commander out there, and that’s definitely something he has to show to the coaches moving forward if he expects to be the guy.” Once vets arrive, Trubisky must exude confidence without it looking like he’s trying to show off for the coaches. If minicamp was any indication, he’ll be fine.

Mark Potash: Trubisky looked the part of a first-round draft pick this weekend, showing off his arm strength and accuracy, being assertive and confident and having command of the huddle. But there was nothing he could do at a rookie minicamp to show the qualities that compelled the Bears to pay such a high price for their quarterback of the future: durability, escapability, coolness under pressure and the ability to make his teammates and his team better. The Bears believe he has that “it” factor. But will they give him the opportunity to prove he’s more ready than they think?
G08

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/1777817-bears-rookie-minicamp-notebook-day-1

I try to shy away from promoting them, since they charge membership for content, but they do put out some good free articles, like the above breaking down today's action.

Of note:

-Shaheen was basically uncoverable (albeit he's against UDFA level secondary)

-Cohen is still breaking defender ankles... and was kick returning

-Gentry was apparently the best WR on the field.

Huh, it is asking me for a login/password to read that material. Is it posted anywhere else?

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Epyon

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Epyon wrote:
http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/1777817-bears-rookie-minicamp-notebook-day-1

I try to shy away from promoting them, since they charge membership for content, but they do put out some good free articles, like the above breaking down today's action.

Of note:

-Shaheen was basically uncoverable (albeit he's against UDFA level secondary)

-Cohen is still breaking defender ankles... and was kick returning

-Gentry was apparently the best WR on the field.

Huh, it is asking me for a login/password to read that material. Is it posted anywhere else?

Interesting, shows up fine on my computer, and not on my phone (and I am not registered on the site).... Apparently it is their paid content nonsense... I think my computer's ad/script blocking browser addons might be blocking the lock function, lol. Extra weird too, since last year I was able to view their articles until right before the regular season, at which point they where all blocked.... not sure why it would have changed back to being accessible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: