Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brownie Mans Access to Berea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Thanks, kinda cool that they mimicked my thoughts regarding Brock osweiler.

no, they really didn't. essentially they are saying "we aren't going to pay Brock 18 million dollars to not come in and compete". AKA, better to keep him than cut him when he gets paid anyhow.

you, on the other hand, have been slobbing on his knob like corn on the cob.

Brock Osweiler- They never thought Brock was a throwaway. Unless they were going to instantly get a great offer for him they were always going to let him come in and compete. I said this all along, almost verbatim.

We discussed a few reasons on why Brock has such a bad year.

1. Brock went from one offensive scheme in Denver to a totally opposite scheme. I said this all along, almost verbatim.

2. He didn't handle that transition well along with fact Bill O B is kinda crazy. That pressure lead to Brock playing some really bad ball. I said this all along, almost verbatim.

Andrew said he's been nothing but positive since coming in. They like he has experience and has won multiple games as a starting QB. They think he'll be able to compete and at least show experience leading a team on the field. I said this all along, almost verbatim.

The only one talking about slobbing a knob... well that would be you. Kinda puts me in mind of the poster not long ago that kept talking about masterbating while everyone else was talking the Cleveland Browns and football.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff BM!

Great read!

Grossi is an idiot, MKC just isn't that smart.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read Brownie man.

It sounds like they really have their heads screwed on and are doing this the right way.

I'm glad they aren't deluded about Kizer being the answer and a great prospect. I got the impression from that they feel they can work with him but when you talk about their excitement for next year, I think that's for the true franchise QB and time to kick on and become one of the contending teams in the league.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

no, they really didn't. essentially they are saying "we aren't going to pay Brock 18 million dollars to not come in and compete". AKA, better to keep him than cut him when he gets paid anyhow.

I hate to do this, but Brock has 1 legitimate excuse for his trash. I do wonder if scheme was an issue. However, I think we want to run an offense similar to what New England does than what Denver did under Kubiak. So I really question how it's gonna work here.

It wasn't the scheme, it was the coaching and their ability to motivate the team to execute the scheme. No scheme will work if the coaches can not do their jobs.

What?

You're not going to have success if you put Brock in a shotgun spread offense. He needs play action to compliment his game.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when is Brownie man going to take all of us on a field trip?

I mean....what could go wrong?

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Brownie Mans Access to Berea Reply with quote

Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job brownie man!! Happy for you. Did berry by any chance hear a loud thump under the table when he mentioned Kizer?

Thanks Reg!
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Mmmmmmmmmm... corn
cattleman78

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed reading.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Browns vice president of player personnel Andrew Berry optimistic about young team
By STEVE DOERSCHUK The Canton Repository Published: May 10, 2017 4:00 AM

The question was about getting rid of 2015 Pro Bowler Gary Barnidge.

Andrew Berry's answer was about what the Cleveland Browns have gotten themselves into.

"It's always a little bit scary when you play youth," said Berry, the team's player personnel chief, at the season finale of the Hall of Fame Luncheon Club.

The Browns spent a first-round draft pick on 20-year-old tight end David Njoku. With the 31-year-old Barnidge gone, the coast is clear for the kid.

Berry, 30, tackled a crowd consisting mostly of men who were Browns fans when the team last won a championship 50-plus years ago.

Berry brought a laptop to the podium, linking it to video screens with clips of 21-year-olds Myles Garrett and DeShone Kizer.

Losing is getting old. The Browns were 3-13 in 2015. In 2016, Berry's first year, the record was 1-15.

"When I came aboard," Berry said, "we did an honest and thorough evaluation of where the roster stood. We were one of the oldest, most expensive and underperforming teams in the league. That's a tough reality to face.

"We're starting to transition out of that most difficult period."

Berry sees the Browns entering Year 2 of "an ambitious reconstruction," which he says "really started with the trade for Jamie Collins last fall."

Collins, 27, was a Patriots starter swapped in a contract year to a Browns team that could afford him. Collins, guard Kevin Zeitler, 27, and center J.C. Tretter, 26, pass for old men in Berea. All three are newly rich young veterans, part of what encouraged Berry to pronounce the Browns "uniquely positioned to build a team that can consistently compete for championships."

A miserable expansion era hasn't killed optimism, or manners. During Monday's Q and A, a club member asked for a show of hands as to who approves of the Browns' 2017 draft. Berry grinned when quite a few hands went up.

Who in the crowd at Tozzi's on 12th knew much about Berry?

Andrew and his twin brother Adam were born on March 30, 1987. By the time they were 2, the Browns had appeared in three AFC title games within four years.

The sky fell on the Browns. Andrew grew up and went to Harvard. According to The Crimson, the student newspaper, his GPA was in the top 5 percent of members of the Class of 2009. He was invited to a Washington Redskins tryout in '09 but lost his chance to a herniated disc.

Having studied ecomonics, he had done summer work for Goldman Sachs, giving him a big "in" to a career on Wall Street. Instead, he pounced on an entry-level job offer in the Colts' player personnel department.

As an Ivy League cornerback, Berry was a favorite of Tim Murphy, who spent five years as head coach of the Cincinnati Bearcats before taking over Harvard's football program in 1994.

Murphy's 2009 overview of Berry appeared in The Crimson:

"I don't think we've ever had a kid who was such a tremendous player, was as scholarly, and gave back more to the community. While he is one of the most accomplished defensive backs in Harvard history, he is also one of the great human beings in Harvard history.

"He'll be running an NFL team in 15 years."

It is eight years later. Berry is running the Browns' scouting/player evaluation department.

The jury is out on last year's first-round pick, Corey Coleman. The 22-year-old burner could become a threat with Kizer, the QB drafted in Round 2 on April 28.

"The best part of DeShone's game," Berry said, "is the deep ball."

"We're not going to rush any young signal caller," Berry added, "but by the same token, we're not going to put limits on our young guys.

"If they're able to earn a spot and perform at a high level, they'll earn themselves playing time."

Repeating what he understood to be a question about Kizer during the Q and A, Berry said, "Is there any concern about his decision-making and his ability to handle a lot on his plate from a read-diagnose standpoint?"

His answer:

"We found throughout the entire pre-draft process that DeShone is very bright and probably had an advanced football, conceptual, learning acumen relative to most college quarterbacks we've seen come out.

"Making the transition is challenging for any quarterback, especially when you're learning an entire new offense with a playbook much larger than in college. Ultimately we look for quarterbacks who have aptitude and outstanding preparation habits. DeShone fits the bill in both categories."

Berry said the new tight end, Njoku, checks all of the boxes, including as a blocker. Berry loves the fact Njoku is a 250-pound speedster who high jumped 7-foot-1 on the Miami Hurricanes' track and field team.

"In the red zone," Berry said while showing a leaping TD catch, "you want players who can play 'above the rim.'"

As for defense, the Browns will integrate No. 1 overall pick Garrett and 21-year-old safety Jabrill Peppers. Peppers arrived at No. 25 overall via a trade out of the No. 12 overall spot.

"Really good players were available from 12 to 25, from our perspective," Berry said. "(Peppers) was a player we coveted throughout the draft process, and we got him in addition to a future first-round pick. (The trade) was a relatively easy decision."

It's all part of a work-in-progress plan.

"By no means are we a finished product," said the young personnel man. Many gray heads nodded.

http://www.recordpub.com/sports/2017/05/10/browns-berry-breaks-down-his-youngsters

candyman93

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im purely speculating, but if they want a bell cow then Bo Scarbrough fits the description. He's not going to be banged up like Fournette either.

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Im purely speculating, but if they want a bell cow then Bo Scarbrough fits the description. He's not going to be banged up like Fournette either.

Barkley.

That dude's a stud muffin.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
bruceb

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a wonderful experience.

Great report!

Gives me cause for optimism going forward.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I hate to do this, but Brock has 1 legitimate excuse for his trash. I do wonder if scheme was an issue. However, I think we want to run an offense similar to what New England does than what Denver did under Kubiak. So I really question how it's gonna work here.

It wasn't the scheme, it was the coaching and their ability to motivate the team to execute the scheme. No scheme will work if the coaches can not do their jobs.

What?

You're not going to have success if you put Brock in a shotgun spread offense. He needs play action to compliment his game.

Not sure what you are getting at here. That is not what he was in while in Denver, that was not what he was in while in Houston.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

appreciate you sharing this experience with us. ill admit, i am also jealous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: