Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Starts At SS For The Cowboys?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Who Starts At SS For The Cowboys? Reply with quote

Who do you think will be the opening day starter at SS this year?

Heath? Woods? Maybe Blanton? Or do you think somebody else snags the job?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Heath since they love him, but a dark horse pick for me would be Awuzie.
resilient

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
Probably Heath since they love him, but a dark horse pick for me would be Awuzie.

OK as far as Health goes, I only have one word. it has 20 letters in it. Can you guess it? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus 1 Emoji Shame on you
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:

OK as far as Health goes, I only have one word. it has 20 letters in it. Can you guess it? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus 1 Emoji Shame on you

With an improved pass rush (hopefully), maybe he'd see an increase in performance?

^^^El Rammy
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Heath is solid.

Yeah he was crap as a rookie undrafted guy from a D2 school, but that was also 4 years ago. Since then, albeit in a smaller role, he's done nothing but good things.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if they viewed Woods as a day 1 starter, they wouldn't have waited so long to draft him.

I would put my money on Heath. But I wouldn't be shocked if Frazier surprised in camp. They had a high grade on him, just after Anthony Brown.
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think it'll be Heath too. Frazier is an interesting candidate, but I say Heath's experience in the system get him the opening day job. He could lose it over the course of the season though.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking Chidobe could play some SS. Maybe even Scandrick. Or just run a lot of sets where there's 1 S (Byron Jones) and 3-4 CBs. The team will have options.

It just upsets me that the front 7 still doesn't have a legitimate LB to play with Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith (assuming he pans out). Hitchens, Wilber, Gachkar, Wilson, Nzeocha.............super meh.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking Chidobe could play some SS. Maybe even Scandrick. Or just run a lot of sets where there's 1 S (Byron Jones) and 3-4 CBs. The team will have options.

It just upsets me that the front 7 still doesn't have a legitimate LB to play with Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith (assuming he pans out). Hitchens, Wilber, Gachkar, Wilson, Nzeocha.............super meh.

I'm not holding my breathe on Smith. Just feels like every few weeks we'll be told that he'll be held out of X event due to precautionary reasons, and then that he's impressed in practice. Then a week before opening week he'll be shut down due to a setback lol.
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:

Which 4-3 teams have the best 3-man linebacker groups, and how relevant are those teams in championship picture?

It's a 4-2-5 league

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
atran35

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath will be the SS. Xavier will be groom to replace him.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd let Heath, Frazier, and Woods battle it out. Best guy wins. Probably will be Heath at least at the start. Not sure how he will do with more snaps, but I have noticed improvement from him year-to-year. Woods will probably take over later in the future (not necessarily this year either).

I appreciate Awuzie's versatility, but I think his skills are best suited at CB.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know that ht is pulling for Heath so he can fill the void that ht's beloved Bill Bates left in his heart.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:

Which 4-3 teams have the best 3-man linebacker groups, and how relevant are those teams in championship picture?

It's a 4-2-5 league

This.

Linebackers took about 2,200 snaps last year for the Cowboys, while DBs took 5300. A full-time player who basically doesn't come off the field gets about 1000 snaps in a season, give or take.

What that should tell people is 1) We barely ever use a third linebacker, and 2) Our 3rd cornerback and 3rd safety are more important than our "starting" SLB.
Hiero

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Heath at first but hopefully one of our rookies from this draft class can steal the job. Heaths potential is pretty limited

Skalelujah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: