Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign WR Michael Floyd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggs Beefcakes wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
We already have Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Wright and then Rudolph at TE.

I don't see Floyd making the team past Pre-Season Week 3 seeing as his deal is highly incentivized to possibly go up to $6 million for the full season. Doubt they'd want to pay him that much, when they could use it towards a signing bonus for a guy like Diggs who will probably want a better contract soon.

They probably just want a big camp body.

Most incentives are based on performance - so he'd only hit them if he balls out. It's doubtful he'd get paid a lot more just to be on the roster.

If he's just a camp body then why would Min even bother getting incentives in the deal? Wouldn't they be putting them in because they see a potential fit, but don't want to take on unnecessary risk?

How do you know it wasn't Floyd's agent who asked for the incentives? Maybe he thought it was a way to potentially get more money for his lowly demanded client, while the Vikings FO just nodded and said "yeah" fully knowing they wouldn't keep him.

I could see him being just a guy they brought in for Treadwell to learn behind for a few months over the summer. They have a similar play style.

Treadwell caught one pass last year. It would be foolish to just assume he's going to be a player this year. That's historically bad for a 1st round WR.

Good move to get a player like Floyd who at his best could be this team's best WR. If Treadwell proves himself, suddenly they've got too many good WRs. That's a problem the Vikes could use. They need all the dynamic players they can get.

Ok, ok.

I get how you think he could be better than Treadwell and even Theilein. But what makes you think he could/will be better than Diggs, barring a unpredictable injury to him?

Confused

Nacho Simulation Football League
OleXmad

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At his best Michael Floyd is a low end no.1 WR, at his worst he's an inconsistent no.3 WR who makes a big play or two every other week. Solid signing with a lot of upside, worst case scenario he rots on the bench all year as decent depth for a team that needs depth at WR.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
At his best Michael Floyd is a low end no.1 WR, at his worst he's an inconsistent no.3 WR who makes a big play or two every other week. Solid signing with a lot of upside, worst case scenario he rots on the bench all year as decent depth for a team that needs depth at WR.

nor is he expensive either.

sensible signing. no great loss if he bombs and is cut.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does this mean for treadwell, who spielman invested a first round pick LAST YEAR?

Thielen and Diggs are for sure starting. Floyd is probably talented enough to at least win the #3 job. Where does that leave treadwell?

Is he insurance if Floyd flops? Because the other 2 are under contract for a while, at least conceivably.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
What does this mean for treadwell, who spielman invested a first round pick LAST YEAR?

Thielen and Diggs are for sure starting. Floyd is probably talented enough to at least win the #3 job. Where does that leave treadwell?

Is he insurance if Floyd flops? Because the other 2 are under contract for a while, at least conceivably.

Nothing is going to happen to Treadwell, he'll just continue to compete for a starting spot.

The real question is, does this mean we finally trade/cut Jairius Wright? There is one too many WR on the team. Wright is a known quantitiy, a fine player though never great, but Floyd plus two rookies, probably means we have to move on from him.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
We already have Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Wright and then Rudolph at TE.

I don't see Floyd making the team past Pre-Season Week 3 seeing as his deal is highly incentivized to possibly go up to $6 million for the full season. Doubt they'd want to pay him that much, when they could use it towards a signing bonus for a guy like Diggs who will probably want a better contract soon.

They probably just want a big camp body.

I doubt Wright makes the team. Floyd is a much better and cheaper WR. We've got enough players who can play in the slot.

I expect Diggs and Thielen to start with Diggs moving to the slot in 3 WR sets. Floyd should be the #3. Treadwell and Adams will probably be the #4 and #5.

I like the trio of Diggs, Thielen and Floyd. I think they compliment each other really well.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we pursued Alshon Jeffrey and Terrelle Pryor. that says a lot in how we view our WR depth chart.

Michael Floyd will not be a camp body. Jarius Wright is on notice though.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:

My hope is that Floyd has a good year, then he gets big money somewhere else so that we get a nice comp. pick. At that point Treadwell will have had 2 years to learn and can take over as the #3 WR in his 3rd year.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this signing, we needed another outside reciever after Charles Johnson left, and I like Floyd's potential way more than Johnson's. If he does get a suspension, we can at least see how Treadwell does as a starter for a few weeks.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good fit at all. Minnesota is very cold and snowy and the roads will be very icy. Will spell disaster for Michael Floyd as he tries to drive drunk on them.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Not a good fit at all. Minnesota is very cold and snowy and the roads will be very icy. Will spell disaster for Michael Floyd as he tries to drive drunk on them.

Besides the obvious joke that couldn't be passed up, what exactly makes Floyd a bad fit with MIN? He grew up there. Played at Notre Dame (EDIT: not OSU, knew I got them mixed up). Not like he's only used to warm weather before he went to ARI.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Tyty wrote:

Besides the obvious joke that couldn't be passed up, what exactly makes Floyd a bad fit with MIN? He grew up there. Played at Notre Dame (EDIT: not OSU, knew I got them mixed up). Not like he's only used to warm weather before he went to ARI.
I think he just wanted to make the joke.

Saw that Floyd is in home confinement until after minicamp stuff. Don't remember the exact date but he can't leave AZ for a while.

El ramster on the sig
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:

he's from Minnesota. needs to call a cab though.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vikings.com/team/roster.html

Looks like Floyd will be wearing number 18
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Tyty wrote:

I think he just wanted to make the joke.

Saw that Floyd is in home confinement until after minicamp stuff. Don't remember the exact date but he can't leave AZ for a while.

Fair enough. Laughing

His home arrest ends on June 11th. He will miss all of OTA's, but will be able to make the June 13-15 minicamp and TC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: