Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scot M Praises Gruden as Talent Evaluator
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Scot M Praises Gruden as Talent Evaluator Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/31254/scot-mccloughan-jay-gruden-stands-out-as-talent-evaluator.

I liked reading this . I think the H C should be heavily involved in the draft process.. If he has the talent .
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Scot M Praises Gruden as Talent Evaluator Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/31254/scot-mccloughan-jay-gruden-stands-out-as-talent-evaluator.

I liked reading this . I think the H C should be heavily involved in the draft process.. If he has the talent .

Maybe that's chubbys niche? We will see how he does this season as a head coach and calling plays. Anything less than 10-6 is failure
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Scot M Praises Gruden as Talent Evaluator Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Maybe that's chubbys niche? We will see how he does this season as a head coach and calling plays. Anything less than 10-6 is failure

You're setting the bar pretty high . The NFC East is pretty tough. 37.5% of your schedule right there . I'm of course hoping for 10-6 but thinking 8-8 or 9-7 considering the average Q B we have.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Scot M Praises Gruden as Talent Evaluator Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

You're setting the bar pretty high . The NFC East is pretty tough. 37.5% of your schedule right there . I'm of course hoping for 10-6 but thinking 8-8 or 9-7 considering the average Q B we have.
We went 8-7-1 last year with a worse defense.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scot talked highly of Cousins as well as Gruden.

As for the record, I agree with MKnight that the defense has improved on each level and that should result in at least a duplicate record. The only thing that could hold us back is if Pryor and Doctson can't nearly duplicate what Garçon & Djax did the last two years. I think they can duplicate what they did, and Pryor may even be better than both Djax & Garcon.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People can hate Gruden all you want but if he stays for 5 years I promise you we will stay as a good offensive unit and atleast make a few playoff runs .

I think Gruden the coach for us and will love to keep him more than 5 years you gotta remember we where one game away from the playoff.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
People can hate Gruden all you want but if he stays for 5 years I promise you we will stay as a good offensive unit and atleast make a few playoff runs .

I think Gruden the coach for us and will love to keep him more than 5 years you gotta remember we where one game away from the playoff.
Agreed, really just a field goal vs Cincinnati away from being in the playoffs and that's with a really bad defense that I think was the worst 3rd down defense in history.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Agreed, really just a field goal vs Cincinnati away from being in the playoffs and that's with a really bad defense that I think was the worst 3rd down defense in history.

3rd Down performance can really help/hurt stats and perception of a defense.

If in year 1 a really good defense happens to do poorly on 3rd down, and most of the pieces stay the same then in year 2 they can naturally expect to preform better as the sample size of 3rd down gets larger.

Same works in the opposite direction if a below average defense does well on 3rd down it props them up.

We allowed 66% completion in all plays, 67% on 3rd down. So basically on 3rd down we still played to the talent level. We improved the talent, hopefully we can continue to play to the talent level or get lucky and play better than on 3rd down and things will improve.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of Gibbs, he's my favorite Snyder era coach. I personally think he's done a really good job save for hiring Barry over Phillips. I'd like to see him stick around for awhile.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping Gruden become the new Andy Reid of this era with a Super Bowl ring .

Offense been consistent and our teams younger to. I believe it's Gruden making the decisions and not Allen on key guys .

Would love to see us sign bowmen from the 76ers if he is released .
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Offense been consistent and our teams younger to. I believe it's Gruden making the decisions and not Allen on key guys .

What about Daryl Washington .. too much baggage ? Good player .
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Sure lol I would of called him
If I was the GM😌
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Dashing wrote:

We'll see what happens. Part of the reason he was released from the Cardinals is because they made moves to have starters with the drafting of Reddick and they have Buchanan. Daryl Washington wasn't interested in being a back up but, I think he's going to have to live with that and come in and compete for a starting job anywhere. No one is going to just hand him a starting job, he's going to have to prove it.

Slappy Mc

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Dashing wrote:

We have taken chances on players with baggage in the past and it hasn't worked in our favor, however I think Washington would be an upgrade instantly over our MLBs.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
With the exception of Gibbs, he's my favorite Snyder era coach. I personally think he's done a really good job save for hiring Barry over Phillips. I'd like to see him stick around for awhile.
Other than Marty, I agree. Marty really got screwed well, in actuality it's us fans who got screwed. We could have been the Chargers of last decade if we had kept Marty as our HC for all of last decade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: