You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 vs 2017 by Position Group: Arrow Up or Arrow Down?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:
How is this not up?

You're telling me that you're more comfortable going into the season this year with our corners than going into last year?

Pretty confident he meant the CBs we had "last year" not the start of the year, that type of thing. What we'll get at CB this year is up.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Pretty confident he meant the CBs we had "last year" not the start of the year, that type of thing. What we'll get at CB this year is up.

How would it be a fair comparison to compare our corners at the end of last season when we were starting an UDFA as our #1 CB to our corners at the beginning of this year?

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

How would it be a fair comparison to compare our corners at the end of last season when we were starting an UDFA as our #1 CB to our corners at the beginning of this year?

I don't know cwood lol. I wasn't saying anything about being fair...

But it's pretty obvious he meant we'll be better at corner than last "year"..not that our roster is better at corner than it was 12 months ago on paper.
DocHambone

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:
How is this not up?

You're telling me that you're more comfortable going into the season this year with our corners than going into last year?

Yeah we had a legitimate #1 with Sam, and Randall looked to be a really good corner with lots of potential. Honestly, a year ago, I thought we were going to have a top 5 secondary for this past season. I think this current group is down compared to where we started last season.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are comparing this year's team to the team at the start of last year consider this.....

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/123395/green-bays-packers-are-now-favored-to-win-every-game

..... I really think it's "most fair" to compare this season's team to where we were when we started our run last year.

In my opinion we are slightly below where we were at the start of last year (mostly because of the loss of Shields and depth at OLB) and slightly above where we were at the start of the run.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Peppers and Jones (to a rival Evil or Very Mad ) is going to hurt us more than most seem to think. Matthews and Perry are both very injury prone. If they stay healthy they COULD be a great duo. I'm not very confident though...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Alright fair points. I was comparing how we recently ended last year to the start of this season.
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Same
RB: Down
OT: Same
OG/C: Down
TE: Up
WR: Up

DL: Up
ILB: Up
OLB: Down
CB: Same
S: Up

3 down, 5 up.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackyAttacky wrote:
QB: Same

OT: Same

CB: Same

I disagree on these fronts.
-At QB both Hundley and Callahan are probably better. Rodgers has not shown signs of decline as of yet.
-At OT, I think the confidence in Bakhtiari is much higher than going in to last season. Spriggs also has a full NFL season of seasoning.
-CB is down simply because Sam Shields is better than anyone that we have added.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Pugger

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
When you are comparing this year's team to the team at the start of last year consider this.....

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/123395/green-bays-packers-are-now-favored-to-win-every-game

..... I really think it's "most fair" to compare this season's team to where we were when we started our run last year.

In my opinion we are slightly below where we were at the start of last year (mostly because of the loss of Shields and depth at OLB) and slightly above where we were at the start of the run.

I agree with you here.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Losing Peppers and Jones (to a rival Evil or Very Mad ) is going to hurt us more than most seem to think. Matthews and Perry are both very injury prone. If they stay healthy they COULD be a great duo. I'm not very confident though...

I know he had a decent year last year, but are you really that afraid of him with the Vikings? He's nothing more than depth at DE for them. I'm not concerned at all...
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

I know he had a decent year last year, but are you really that afraid of him with the Vikings? He's nothing more than depth at DE for them. I'm not concerned at all...

I suppose he'll be very motivated whenever he plays us. He should have been much better than was when you consider where he was drafted...
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

I suppose he'll be very motivated whenever he plays us. He should have been much better than was when you consider where he was drafted...
I thought he was pretty good this past year. Changing positions after 2 years hurt him, but I think he can be a productive end going forward. Definitely won't hurt being in such a strong rotation in Minny

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Kenrik

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

I thought he was pretty good this past year. Changing positions after 2 years hurt him, but I think he can be a productive end going forward. Definitely won't hurt being in such a strong rotation in Minny

I think he'll be an interior pass rusher wih the vikings. Theyve got a ton of talent on the edge.
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're comparing to the start of last season, shouldn't QB be a big improvement on account of Rodgers not sucking anymore?

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: