Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The WR Depth Chart Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Epyon wrote:
Victor Cruz is apparently coming to Chicago for a visit.

If he can actually stay healthy, I wouldn't be upset seeing him here.

Cruz is a good player when healthy but I don't think I would want to take snaps away from young guys when the likelihood is he will get hurt again.

The problem is that those snaps for the young guys come at the detriment of your QB.

My guess is that they are going to prioritize the QB having success, which makes Cruz make more sense.

It doesn't make more sense in our situation...get the young WRs out there this year with Glennon so when Trubisky takes over next year those young guys have snaps under their belt...2017 really doesn't matter when it comes to wins.

I agree 100% if you are okay with under the busing Glennon a little. I am okay with that.

I would like him to deal with the growing pains rather than Trubisky.

I am haha.
G08

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Biggs wrote:
When White was playing last season, the one thing I consistently heard from scouts with other teams was that his route running was sub-par.

Well, I'm glad my eyes don't lie to me.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Brad Biggs wrote:
When White was playing last season, the one thing I consistently heard from scouts with other teams was that his route running was sub-par.

I personally have given up on him.

But the Bears need him to be something pretty badly.
G08

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
Brad Biggs wrote:

Bubble and tunnel screens, slants, and some go routes.

I look at White's footwork/route-running, then turn on Amari Cooper's tape and I start weeping.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
Brad Biggs wrote:

I look at White's footwork/route-running, then turn on Amari Cooper's tape and I start weeping.

Had we spent a 3 and 4 to trade up from 7 to 4 to take Cooper do you think people would have bitches as much as they did for the Trubisky deal?

"WE COULDA STAYED AT 7 AND HAD KEVIN WHITE!!!"

I kid, but all things considered how that played out may well have been a factor in us making small moves up for Floyd and Trubisky.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
Brad Biggs wrote:

Had we spent a 3 and 4 to trade up from 7 to 4 to take Cooper do you think people would have bitches as much as they did for the Trubisky deal?

I kid, but all things considered how that played out may well have been a factor in us making small moves up for Floyd and Trubisky.

This, so much this. People always complain about picks, but every draft pick and everything associated with it need to wait 3 years, then you can start to grade everything. If White breaks out for 90/1300/8, will we be still be upset that he had some random injuries in his first 2 years?
G08

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
Brad Biggs wrote:

This, so much this. People always complain about picks, but every draft pick and everything associated with it need to wait 3 years, then you can start to grade everything. If White breaks out for 90/1300/8, will we be still be upset that he had some random injuries in his first 2 years?

Of course not, but what in the name of logic makes you think he can break out like that? So far, all he has proven to be able to break are his bones.

He was a raw, poor-route-running athlete that needed experience and coaching when he was drafted. This is year 3 and guess what? He's a raw, poor-route-running athlete that needs experience and coaching. The only difference is he has broken his leg, twice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: