Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The WR Depth Chart Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White is absolutely being counted on this year in a big way. That was evident the minute they didn't tag or mega deal Alshon. With that, I think the emphasis on bolstering TE was at least somewhat geared toward easing and supporting our young WR growth. Being able to put legit receiving threats on both ends of the LOS inside will allow us to somewhat dictate matchups for White and Meredith on the outside. Wright is a solid veteran who can play in the slot or kick outside to slide White to the slot where his size should be able to dominate smaller DBs. Wheaton I agree is probably a gadget guy and deep threat primarily. I think Bellamy makes the squad again as a 4-phase ST player but my guess is they'd be fine if he ever again took an offensive rep outside of garbage time. Braverman got a redshirt year last year. Hopefully this year he's ready to contribute.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wright is gonna be our wildcard. He can absolutely dominate the slot with White and Meredith on the outside. That be said, we probably have the weakest wr corps in a long time.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shruj wrote:
I think Wright is gonna be our wildcard. He can absolutely dominate the slot with White and Meredith on the outside. That be said, we probably have the weakest wr corps in a long time.

Yeah he could dominate but that's highly unlikely. He isn't a good player anymore, and the WR-starved Titans didn't want him. His numbers since 2013 have been awful. I wouldn't count on him doing much of anything.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shruj wrote:

His best season was 1100 yards and 2 TDs

Not sure I see him dominating the slot.
G08

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
shruj wrote:

Yeah he could dominate but that's highly unlikely. He isn't a good player anymore, and the WR-starved Titans didn't want him. His numbers since 2013 have been awful. I wouldn't count on him doing much of anything.

He didn't fit what the Titans wanted him to do in terms of how he ran his routes -- I can forgive that.

His best season -- and only 1,000 yard season -- came with Dowell Loggains calling plays. That's the reason he's here.

I really like Braverman and I see no reason why he can't be Trubisky's 'Ryan Switzer' in the near future:

Daniel Braverman
175 lbs
1.59/2.60/4.47 dash
10 reps 225
28.5" vert
9'4" broad
4.16 shuttle
6.86 cone

Ryan Switzer
181 lbs
4.51 dash
11 reps 225
32" vert
9'7" broad
4.00 shuttle
6.77 cone

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
shruj wrote:

He didn't fit what the Titans wanted him to do in terms of how he ran his routes -- I can forgive that.

His best season -- and only 1,000 yard season -- came with Dowell Loggains calling plays. That's the reason he's here.

I really like Braverman and I see no reason why he can't be Trubisky's 'Ryan Switzer' in the near future:

Daniel Braverman
175 lbs
1.59/2.60/4.47 dash
10 reps 225
28.5" vert
9'4" broad
4.16 shuttle
6.86 cone

Ryan Switzer
181 lbs
4.51 dash
11 reps 225
32" vert
9'7" broad
4.00 shuttle
6.77 cone

Tanner Gentry

6'1"
208lbs.
4.58 [40]
19 reps 225
38" vert
10'3" broad
4.43 shuttle
7.29 3 cone
G08

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentry is intriguing, but if we're talking about quick-footed slot WRs for an accurate QB like Trubisky, give me Braverman.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Gentry is intriguing, but if we're talking about quick-footed slot WRs for an accurate QB like Trubisky, give me Braverman.

I'd rather keep both. One might grow into a slot standout and we have to look long term too. White is an unknown due to health, Wright and Randle might be one and done, Weston is nothing special, etc.

At least one needs stashed on the PS.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Epyon

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
G08 wrote:

I'd rather keep both. One might grow into a slot standout and we have to look long term too. White is an unknown due to health, Wright and Randle might be one and done, Weston is nothing special, etc.

At least one needs stashed on the PS.

Gentry will make it over Braverman just because he will line up outside.

Braverman is competing for a slot WR spot... where we have mulltiple options without even accounting for multiple TEs and Cohen, who could be taking reps off the table from the "starting" slot WR....

I think our Slot WR position is going to be heavily by commitee this year, greatly devaluing keeping WRs who can only play from there.
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Tanner Gentry

6'1"
208lbs.
4.58 [40]
19 reps 225
38" vert
10'3" broad
4.43 shuttle
7.29 3 cone

I saw a couple of reports that had his 40 at 4.46... Confused
Epyon

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz is apparently coming to Chicago for a visit.

If he can actually stay healthy, I wouldn't be upset seeing him here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:

Cruz is a good player when healthy but I don't think I would want to take snaps away from young guys when the likelihood is he will get hurt again.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Epyon wrote:

Cruz is a good player when healthy but I don't think I would want to take snaps away from young guys when the likelihood is he will get hurt again.

The problem is that those snaps for the young guys come at the detriment of your QB.

My guess is that they are going to prioritize the QB having success, which makes Cruz make more sense.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Epyon wrote:

The problem is that those snaps for the young guys come at the detriment of your QB.

My guess is that they are going to prioritize the QB having success, which makes Cruz make more sense.

It doesn't make more sense in our situation...get the young WRs out there this year with Glennon so when Trubisky takes over next year those young guys have snaps under their belt...2017 really doesn't matter when it comes to wins.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Epyon wrote:

It doesn't make more sense in our situation...get the young WRs out there this year with Glennon so when Trubisky takes over next year those young guys have snaps under their belt...2017 really doesn't matter when it comes to wins.

I agree 100% if you are okay with under the busing Glennon a little. I am okay with that.

I would like him to deal with the growing pains rather than Trubisky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: