Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The WR Depth Chart Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: The WR Depth Chart Discussion Reply with quote

WR [5]

Kevin White
Cam Meredith
Markus Wheaton
Kendall Wright
Josh Bellamy

Daniel Braverman [PR]
Tanner Gentry [PR]

Deonte Thompson
Reuben Randall
Eddie Royal

Where to start with this group. There is some interesting talent in this group, but hardly anything that is proven. I think that the Bears are going to either be okay, or they are going to be a mess at WR. The lynch pin obviously is Kevin White, who I have little faith in, but he could be a huge addition even if he comes close to what he was suppose to be. I do not see 6 guys that need to be on the roster right now so I wonder if the Bears are going to keep extra TEs and use them flexed around the formation. The Bears desperately need Meredith to just do what he did last season and catch the ball consistently. Wheaton and Wright have produced in the NFL and I think that using Wright in the slot and rotating Wheaton in on the outside to run deeper routes works on paper, but I have my doubts about the health of both guys. I do not like Josh Bellamy, but Fox loves him and he plays special teams and I cannot see any of the other 4 guys playing any special teams.

With 5 guys on the roster and a couple of serious health concerns the Bears need to keep a couple guys on the PR that they can call on to fill out the back spots of the depth chart.

This group is so thin when you consider White's health.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braverman makes sense with what Trubisky did with the little slot guys at UNC, but he showed next to nothing last season.

Can he knock Foxy's boy Bellamy off the roster.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have us keeping 6 mostly because the top 4 guys won't play special teams and we have some injury concerns...

Cameron Meredith
Kevin White
Kendall Wright
Markus Wheaton
Josh Bellamy
Deonte Thompson

If White is healthy he and Meredith will be asked to do the majority of the lifting...Wright could be an excellent pick up if his head is on straight...after that Wheaton is a one tricky pony as a deep option and Bellamy & Thompson are more special teamers than anything else...I wouldn't be shocked at all if we pick up someone who is cut from another team...a veteran presence in that room could be key.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I have us keeping 6 mostly because the top 4 guys won't play special teams and we have some injury concerns...

Cameron Meredith
Kevin White
Kendall Wright
Markus Wheaton
Josh Bellamy
Deonte Thompson

If White is healthy he and Meredith will be asked to do the majority of the lifting...Wright could be an excellent pick up if his head is on straight...after that Wheaton is a one tricky pony as a deep option and Bellamy & Thompson are more special teamers than anything else...I wouldn't be shocked at all if we pick up someone who is cut from another team...a veteran presence in that room could be key.

I keep coming back to Anquan Boldin.

He is still effective in the slot and would be a great veteran mentor for these guys.

This is the group that makes me the most nervous to have Trubisky play at all this season.
G08

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have flexibility, I think we'll see a lot of 12 personnel with White and Meredith on the field. I think Wright can be solid in the slot, and should be that guy when we go to 11.

1. White
2. Meredith
3. Wright
4. Wheaton
5. Bellamy

I love Braverman, I think he can be Trubisky's Switzer next season, but he just isn't ready and should be on the PS.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really intrigued by the group. Tangle is a dark horse who was really productive just a few years ago.

Big and athletic, averaged over 60 catches and 850 yards his last 2 years in New York and had 11 TDs. Admittedly I have no idea what happened to him leaving there out what happened in Philadelphia, but the talent is obvious. I hope he and Wheaton really get to fight it out for a spot.

I also think Miller will be More frequently used as a flex end rather than traditional TE. Sims and Shaheen out their hands down.

I'll also say I hope Gentry takes the special teams role away from Bellamy. He is a better prospect at WR long term as well.

My preference
1. White
2. Meredith
3. Wright
4. Randle
5. Gentry

PS - Braverman

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Cameron Meredith
Kevin White
Kendall Wright
Markus Wheaton
Josh Bellamy
Deonte Thompson

I keep coming back to Anquan Boldin.

He is still effective in the slot and would be a great veteran mentor for these guys.

This is the group that makes me the most nervous to have Trubisky play at all this season.

I would take Boldin on this team in a heartbeat even if he doesn't have much left in the tank...his professionalism and leadership would hold everyone accountable and his experience would help every one of these receivers prepare and develop.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This group terrifies me.

I can just see White getting injured. Now Meredith is the unquestioned #1 and will be take away and you have Wheaton trying to be a #2 on the outside.

Yikes.
G08

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This group terrifies me.

I can just see White getting injured. Now Meredith is the unquestioned #1 and will be take away and you have Wheaton trying to be a #2 on the outside.

Yikes.

Wright can play well, and succeed, on the outside in this offense. He's done it before.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This group terrifies me.

Yikes.

Wright can play well, and succeed, on the outside in this offense. He's done it before.

Wheaton and Wright would be masquerading as #2s and that is when you get in trouble.

This entire group hinges on Kevin White. If he and Meredith stay healthy I am actually a little intrigued by the group.
G08

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This group terrifies me.

Yikes.

Wheaton and Wright would be masquerading as #2s and that is when you get in trouble.

This entire group hinges on Kevin White. If he and Meredith stay healthy I am actually a little intrigued by the group.

I think Wheaton is going to be a gimmick, nothing more.

White and Meredith will be the horses, Wright in the slot will get some some looks as well. I think they'll stick Meredith in there at times to get some more juice on the outside in Wheaton/Wright.

Uninspiring group, but in this offense it seems like they can help get the job done.

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This group terrifies me.

Yikes.

What kind of contract is Wheaton? Wouldn't surprise me to see him cut. He's not very good.

The top 3 should be fine of White, Meredith and Wright.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This group terrifies me.

Yikes.

After watching the group of receivers the Bears trotted out in 2008, it's difficult for any wide receiver group to terrify me.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This group terrifies me.

Yikes.

What kind of contract is Wheaton? Wouldn't surprise me to see him cut. He's not very good.

The top 3 should be fine of White, Meredith and Wright.

2 years 11 million, 0% chance he gets cut.

The top 3 is fine as long as Kevin White does not continue to play 12% of the games in his career.
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see
Cam
Kendall
Kevin
Markus
Reuben

Unless Kevin makes a big step this year I don't care to see him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: