Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JJ Wilcox's Statline
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I see Tandy starting opposite Evans. Tandy has earned the right to start, IMO, and he did some of his best work last year as a rover in the short-to-intermediate passing lanes, which is exactly what you want out of your short safety in a Cover-3. That would leave Evans to patrol in center field.

I can agree to an extent, let Tandy start at FS and throught Training camp and preseason if someone beats him out then bench him but he made alot of big plays in a short time that is hard to overlook
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I see Tandy starting opposite Evans. Tandy has earned the right to start, IMO, and he did some of his best work last year as a rover in the short-to-intermediate passing lanes, which is exactly what you want out of your short safety in a Cover-3. That would leave Evans to patrol in center field.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one. Laughing
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
There's a chance he doesn't even start. He's gonna have to beat out Tandy, Evans, and (lol) Conte. I could see us starting Tandy and Evans if they both impress. Tandy looked good in coverage at the end of last season and Evans has the range and potential to play near the LOS and play center field.

We signed Bruce Carter in a similar fashion a couple years ago. Everyone expected him to start but a guy we took in the fourth round beat him out. And Kwon has been starting ever since.

There's always that chance, but usually when you sign a guy to $3+ million per year, he's gonna get the first crack at the starting gig.

We paid Carter $4.5M to ride the bench. Hell, he couldn't even beat out Lansanah. And we didn't bother to even offer Lansanah a contract at a time when we had more cap space than cap invested in the team.

We're gonna start our best two safeties regardless of their salary.

Yeah, sometimes it happens. Carter is at his best as a 3-4 ILB. He's not that great at 4-3 LB. Super inconsistent though.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Thank you. I thought I was the only one. Laughing

I could see that as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Tandy play Nickel CB for you all as well? If so, I could see him doing that and the team putting Wilcox at SS in those situations.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Does Tandy play Nickel CB for you all as well? If so, I could see him doing that and the team putting Wilcox at SS in those situations.

Jude Adjei-Barimah should be the starter there. He has played pretty well in the slot. Javien Elliot played surprisingly well there too when JAB got suspended. And VHIII can play the slot in a pinch.

I'm more worried about the outside. We've got Grimes and VHIII. That's it. Ryan Smith will probably be groomed to play on the outside but he's a complete unknown. I guess Robinson could play outside but he's our primary gunner and I don't think he played a single snap at CB last year.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I'm more worried about the outside. We've got Grimes and VHIII. That's it. Ryan Smith will probably be groomed to play on the outside but he's a complete unknown. I guess Robinson could play outside but he's our primary gunner and I don't think he played a single snap at CB last year.

Yah, definitely some unknowns behind VH3 and Grimes. Aws you elluded, Ryan Smith will likely end up on the outside, now with Justin Evan in the fold. Josh Robinson could be used there, but shouldn't. He was an absolute flop in the past with the Vikings there...

I think you could see us keep one or maybe both of Maurice Fleming and Jonathan Moxey to be groomed as well...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
indifference

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Just get your Bucs jersey bro. Welcome to the club.

Our nickel CB is JAB or Javion Elliot. Both are decent but we can do much better. Coaches are depending on Ryan Smith development to become of something as well. Think he will be third CB and in my opinion, we'll let VG3 slide to nickel when teams go 3 or more WR's.

CB1: Grimes
CB2: VG3
CB3: Smith
CB4: JAB
CB5: Elliot

When Smith comes on the field, TB would be smart to move VG3 to nickel.
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old school Bucs jersey would be pretty sweet. Sapp or Brooks please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: