You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JJ Wilcox's Statline
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: JJ Wilcox's Statline Reply with quote

You all think he will post a similar statline to McDougald? I could see him getting a large percentage of snaps, but it seems like the team might be better on defense, thus bringing the total number of snaps down from last year.

What do you think his numbers will look like?
_________________


Last edited by the lone star on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a chance he doesn't even start. He's gonna have to beat out Tandy, Evans, and (lol) Conte. I could see us starting Tandy and Evans if they both impress. Tandy looked good in coverage at the end of last season and Evans has the range and potential to play near the LOS and play center field.

We signed Bruce Carter in a similar fashion a couple years ago. Everyone expected him to start but a guy we took in the fourth round beat him out. And Kwon has been starting ever since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what his numbers will look like but I do think he will be our starting SS opening day and Evans at FS. He is a better athlete than McDougald and a much harder hitter. With that said, Bradley had around 90 tackles this season and played close to the LOS. Tandy played admirably down the stretch but he's nothing more than a rotational guy. Wilcox and Evans brings us more speed in the back end and much more physicality.

FS - Justin Evans / Keith Tandy
SS - JJ Wilcox / Chris Conte

That's how imagine the depth chart will look come September.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
There's a chance he doesn't even start. He's gonna have to beat out Tandy, Evans, and (lol) Conte. I could see us starting Tandy and Evans if they both impress. Tandy looked good in coverage at the end of last season and Evans has the range and potential to play near the LOS and play center field.

We signed Bruce Carter in a similar fashion a couple years ago. Everyone expected him to start but a guy we took in the fourth round beat him out. And Kwon has been starting ever since.


There's always that chance, but usually when you sign a guy to $3+ million per year, he's gonna get the first crack at the starting gig.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
No idea what his numbers will look like but I do think he will be our starting SS opening day and Evans at FS. He is a better athlete than McDougald and a much harder hitter. With that said, Bradley had around 90 tackles this season and played close to the LOS. Tandy played admirably down the stretch but he's nothing more than a rotational guy. Wilcox and Evans brings us more speed in the back end and much more physicality.

FS - Justin Evans / Keith Tandy
SS - JJ Wilcox / Chris Conte

That's how imagine the depth chart will look come September.


Yeah, I think the duo will be Wilcox and Evans.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31447
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 90 tackles possible for Wilcox?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
There's a chance he doesn't even start. He's gonna have to beat out Tandy, Evans, and (lol) Conte. I could see us starting Tandy and Evans if they both impress. Tandy looked good in coverage at the end of last season and Evans has the range and potential to play near the LOS and play center field.

We signed Bruce Carter in a similar fashion a couple years ago. Everyone expected him to start but a guy we took in the fourth round beat him out. And Kwon has been starting ever since.


There's always that chance, but usually when you sign a guy to $3+ million per year, he's gonna get the first crack at the starting gig.

We paid Carter $4.5M to ride the bench. Hell, he couldn't even beat out Lansanah. And we didn't bother to even offer Lansanah a contract at a time when we had more cap space than cap invested in the team.

We're gonna start our best two safeties regardless of their salary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
So 90 tackles possible for Wilcox?

Our dline play should be better this year, which should help keep David and Kwon cleaner. I'd imagine they both get 100 or so tackles each. But 80 isn't out of the question for Wilcox if he gets the start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
So 90 tackles possible for Wilcox?

Our dline play should be better this year, which should help keep David and Kwon cleaner. I'd imagine they both get 100 or so tackles each. But 80 isn't out of the question for Wilcox if he gets the start.
I'm telling you right now, Wilcox is a better football player than Tandy and Conte. We'd be fools for not starting him. I get the Bruce Carter thing but that's because Kwon Alexander outplayed him by a huge margin during TC. I guess we'll have to wait and see how camp goes. But, Wilcox has the best skill set for a SS than any other safety on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LazyBoyFil


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1638
Location: Bradenton,FL
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilcox is more of a thumper SS type

my first impression of Evans was he was more of a SS also, i think it would be awesome if Evans came in and won a starting job

and IMO Wilcox should beat out Conte and Tandy (SHOULD)

it would be very intimidating to have 2 huge hitters in the middle in Wilcox and Evans , but i think our coverage over the top would suffer, we'd have to ask alot of the CBs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
Wilcox is more of a thumper SS type

my first impression of Evans was he was more of a SS also, i think it would be awesome if Evans came in and won a starting job

and IMO Wilcox should beat out Conte and Tandy (SHOULD)

it would be very intimidating to have 2 huge hitters in the middle in Wilcox and Evans , but i think our coverage over the top would suffer, we'd have to ask alot of the CBs
Evans had the third best coverage grade in 2016 for all safeties. His ball skills seem to be pretty good and closing speed. However, his tackling and pursuit vs ball carriers are areas he need to work on. Bucs should just keep Evans back to play coverage and let Wilcox come play the run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LazyBoyFil


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1638
Location: Bradenton,FL
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Wilcox is more of a thumper SS type

my first impression of Evans was he was more of a SS also, i think it would be awesome if Evans came in and won a starting job

and IMO Wilcox should beat out Conte and Tandy (SHOULD)

it would be very intimidating to have 2 huge hitters in the middle in Wilcox and Evans , but i think our coverage over the top would suffer, we'd have to ask alot of the CBs
Evans had the third best coverage grade in 2016 for all safeties. His ball skills seem to be pretty good and closing speed. However, his tackling and pursuit vs ball carriers are areas he need to work on. Bucs should just keep Evans back to play coverage and let Wilcox come play the run.


maybe i just assumed because the dude is always laying ferocious hits and ive always expected that of the SS not the FS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Wilcox is more of a thumper SS type

my first impression of Evans was he was more of a SS also, i think it would be awesome if Evans came in and won a starting job

and IMO Wilcox should beat out Conte and Tandy (SHOULD)

it would be very intimidating to have 2 huge hitters in the middle in Wilcox and Evans , but i think our coverage over the top would suffer, we'd have to ask alot of the CBs
Evans had the third best coverage grade in 2016 for all safeties. His ball skills seem to be pretty good and closing speed. However, his tackling and pursuit vs ball carriers are areas he need to work on. Bucs should just keep Evans back to play coverage and let Wilcox come play the run.


maybe i just assumed because the dude is always laying ferocious hits and ive always expected that of the SS not the FS
Yeah he is a huge hitter but he isn't much of a pure tackler. I can see where the misconception comes with him but he is a rangy safety all the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LazyBoyFil


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1638
Location: Bradenton,FL
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Wilcox is more of a thumper SS type

my first impression of Evans was he was more of a SS also, i think it would be awesome if Evans came in and won a starting job

and IMO Wilcox should beat out Conte and Tandy (SHOULD)

it would be very intimidating to have 2 huge hitters in the middle in Wilcox and Evans , but i think our coverage over the top would suffer, we'd have to ask alot of the CBs
Evans had the third best coverage grade in 2016 for all safeties. His ball skills seem to be pretty good and closing speed. However, his tackling and pursuit vs ball carriers are areas he need to work on. Bucs should just keep Evans back to play coverage and let Wilcox come play the run.


maybe i just assumed because the dude is always laying ferocious hits and ive always expected that of the SS not the FS
Yeah he is a huge hitter but he isn't much of a pure tackler. I can see where the misconception comes with him but he is a rangy safety all the way.


makes sense, our Safety coverage last year was so porous that at this point id sacrifice some tackling if the coverage was better
i dont want to sound too hyped but maybe Evans can really shine back there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9615
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm crazy, but I see Tandy starting opposite Evans. Tandy has earned the right to start, IMO, and he did some of his best work last year as a rover in the short-to-intermediate passing lanes, which is exactly what you want out of your short safety in a Cover-3. That would leave Evans to patrol in center field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group