Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The TE Depth Chart Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: The TE Depth Chart Discussion Reply with quote

TE [4]

Dions Sims
Zach Miller
Adam Shaheen
Daniel Brown

Mycole Pruitt [PR]

Ben Brauckner

This is going to be the most fascinating camp battle of any positions that the Bears have. This group has a ton of young talent and no one has really established themselves. Sims is clearly making the team with 10 million guaranteed. I think he is a super under rated signing as a TE that can actually block gives you a lot of options on offense. Miller could be in jeopardy, but he is one of the more accomplished pass catchers on the team and is a great locker room guy so I see no issue with keeping. Shaheen needs reps so Miller may have to accept that he is going to lose some of his passes to the kid, which he seems like he would be a team guy about and maybe it allows Miller to stay healthier. Daniel Brown showed some stuff last season and Pace apparently has been chasing him for some time. 6'5" and catches the ball well, I would not want to lose that to keep a less talented WR or FB.

Pruitt has interested me since he came out of Illinois and last season. I think you can keep him on the PR and work him a little at FB.

Brauckner has the most limited size and did the least last season so I think he is in a ton of trouble.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of debate over who's the F, who's the Y, and who's technically the "starter."

Obviously Sims is the Y, Shaheen is an F, and Miller can do a little of both, so it's all very subjective and situational.

I don't think much changes. In relation to 2016, I think we will see Sims play the Logan Paulsen role, and Miller/Shaheen playing Miller's role.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I've seen a lot of debate over who's the F, who's the Y, and who's technically the "starter."

Obviously Sims is the Y, Shaheen is an F, and Miller can do a little of both, so it's all very subjective and situational.

I don't think much changes. In relation to 2016, I think we will see Sims play the Logan Paulsen role, and Miller/Shaheen playing Miller's role.

Same, except that Sims is a far better player than Paulson is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: