You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Madden 2018 (Tom Brady on the Cover)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I haven't bought Madden since 2010 so I'm good. Bring back NCAA please.
I haven't bought Madden in two years, but I kind of miss it. Feel like I've been away long enough to where the game would be fresh to me.

But yea, NCAA was so fun. The online dynasties in that game were amazing and much better than online franchise mode in Madden. I'd love to have NCAA Football back.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
Tom Brady on the Madden cover

He also got a special "GOAT Edition" cover. Sweet.

That's disrespectful to Jerry Rice

If they did a GOAT edition of Jerry Rice, the skickum on the game case would make it impossible for people to let go of the game
Tyty

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

I would literally cry if they brought it back
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Is there any hope of it coming back? I know there were legal issues that stopped it but I'm not familiar with what they were

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Tyty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Is there any hope of it coming back? I know there were legal issues that stopped it but I'm not familiar with what they were

I may be wrong but I think I heard if EA can get permission or something from each conference they can make a game independent from the NCAA. Could be wrong. Think I heard the SEC refused to do it
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Tyty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I may be wrong but I think I heard if EA can get permission or something from each conference they can make a game independent from the NCAA. Could be wrong. Think I heard the SEC refused to do it

So why did the NCAA stop them from making the game? I would of thought they would of loved EA making a game each year

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Tyty wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Tyty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

So why did the NCAA stop them from making the game? I would of thought they would of loved EA making a game each year

Former players were pissed about their likeness being used for no compensation. Hope those f'ing bastards enjoy the $3k or whatever they got to f over thousands of fans

Good news is if I'm right and the game can be made through the actual schools then players will actually have names and not be named qb 10

But it'll need a big following. For Alabama alone to sign on it'll cost 200k

Edit: I'm talking about USD. I'm not sure what the amounts are for NZ
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Tyty wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Tyty wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Former players were pissed about their likeness being used for no compensation. Hope those f'ing bastards enjoy the $3k or whatever they got to f over thousands of fans

Good news is if I'm right and the game can be made through the actual schools then players will actually have names and not be named qb 10

But it'll need a big following. For Alabama alone to sign on it'll cost 200k

Edit: I'm talking about USD. I'm not sure what the amounts are for NZ

200k in your dollars would be about 260k in NZ dollars

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curse got a head start this year.

Tyty

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ready to preorder on Amazon then read the description and franchise mode sounds exactly the same as last year. I'm not sure if it's a smart decision to essentially buy the same game when franchise is what I do the most.
GreenReign

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Honestly it's pretty embarrassing that you can't sub a safety in in a certain dime package at ILB.

There are certain formations that have the S at LB by defaut, or let you sub one in via formation subs.
GreenReign

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
I was ready to preorder on Amazon then read the description and franchise mode sounds exactly the same as last year. I'm not sure if it's a smart decision to essentially buy the same game when franchise is what I do the most.

That isn't everything just a taste. But with them adding a whole new engine with Frostbite, I doubt many of the core modes got much love, probably just small tweaks.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great list HZ. I agree with all of that for the most part.

Also:

- Compare prospects. I want to be able to see guys side-by-side.

- Biographical information for prospects. Did this guy win a big bowl game, endure several injuries, miss games for disciplinary reasons, play another sport, etc? Not every "fact" has to line up with a specific outcome, but it'd be interesting to see them weigh potential character/background qualities or shortcomings. Character evaluation is more critical than ever.

- Do away with the 15/10/5 point scouting system and offer something more substantive and interesting. Pay to unlock certain traits, biographical information, etc. The current system seems like they slapped it together in 15 minutes.

- More in-game information that contextualizes the league's statistics, standings, and other information. Literally any sort of thought into this whatsoever would be welcomed.

- Stop with the f- deflected, crazy interceptions. The batted balls in 17 made online completely unplayable. Fit a pass into a wide open window? Let's have that randomly careen off your receiver, thirty five feet into the air, and into the wide open arms of the opposing DB. Ball goes in the air and your safety has a chance at it? Brick hands.

- Contract negotiations are stupid. Take a page out of FIFA's playbook and have hours you can apportion to your scouts, your contract negotiators, and your assistant coaches. Spread the resources how you see fit--maybe you want to spend your "hours" early in the season on re-signing your stud OLB; and your scouts, in the same timeframe, could be doing due diligence on defensive linemen and EDGE prospects. Then report back with information/progress each week. Adjust accordingly.

- The stadium financing, tickets, merchandise, etc. is laughable. Improve it. It really isn't that difficult.

- Actual awards, as HZ suggested. Do away with the "Associated Press" prefix and just use the damn award names.

- Rookie interview process. You choose the questions; you receive the answers. Add some nuance to the combine process.

- Combine. The information we have as it stands is so thin and one-dimensional.

- Weather. The games look atrocious.

- Can we ever make it obvious what side you're choosing when you're picking a direction to "defend"? Mother of God, I've never definitively picked a direction--it's 50/50 whether I'm kicking into 25 mph wind in the 4th quarter with the game on the line because I a) kicked off the in the second half and b) had no choice over what endzone I defended.

- The firing/hiring of coaches/staff is laughably programmed. The bugs render it unusable. Pathetic effort.

- The media questions/response options and the results that follow are comically poor as well. What the hell is the point of this as it stands?

- Player progression is too limited.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please NCAA is the best!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenReign wrote:
Tyty wrote:

That isn't everything just a taste. But with them adding a whole new engine with Frostbite, I doubt many of the core modes got much love, probably just small tweaks.

And the Frostbite engine will only likely make a notable difference when it comes to lighting and maybe the sidelines. Its not going to affect gameplay at all.

And EA will use the typical "short development cycle" excuse. Unfortunately, when you charge $60 for the game, thats never a legit excuse. Lower the price if you want that to be a justifiable excuse.

EA is never going to cater to sim fans. They will continue to cater heavily to little kids and casual fans who spend their lives on MUT, and making the game LOOK better despite being the same tired gameplay and physics engine they have been using since the beginning of the PS2 era.

The only reason I even care is because football is the only sport I truly love....and year after year, EA continues to ruin my hopes of ever playing a truly great football sim ever again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: