You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Madden 2018 (Tom Brady on the Cover)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Madden 2018 (Tom Brady on the Cover) Reply with quote

Getting the itch to play again. Here are some things that I demand they have in Madden 2018. If they don't have these things, I will wait to buy a used copy again. Any jokes about that strategy can be kept to yourself.

1. Any player should be able to play any position at any time for any reason.
It shouldn't be too hard to restrict these substitutions in online play while allowing for this to happen in Franchise mode. Last year got a step closer with the ability to change a player's position to any position you wanted, but it's not good enough. You should be able to sub a safety in at linebacker, you should be able to have your corner or a player like Jabril Peppers play offense and defense, you should be able to sub a receiver in at running back and so on. It should be so easy to do this that you could put a punter as a punt returner if you wanted. No excuses.

2. More in-depth defensive adjustments.
You should be able to match a corner to a receiver, a safety or linebacker to a tight end and so on and build specific gameplans.

3. Player personality that actually matters.
I know EA can't do things like failed drug tests and off-field incidents, but there should be a scouting function where you're taking a risk on character issues. All the game has to do is say that a player got suspended for so many weeks because of rule violations and such.

4. All-pro, MVP and pro bowl selections just as the NFL recognizes them with more realism.
No more "best tight end" and such. Plus, too often a linebacker or defensive lineman would win DPOY ahead of other players simply because they had more tackles. It has to be more realistic.

5. More realistic gameplay and statistics.
In no world should there be a game where a rookie or below average QB completes 20/22 passing. This is the single biggest issue I have with Madden. There's no middle ground. You either play on rookie and the QB completes 0/30 with 9 interceptions or you play on All-Madden and it's 20-22 with 300 yards and 3 touchdowns. And sliders don't work either. Fix this. It is the worst part of Madden. If you want to differentiate between difficulty, have the difficulty rely on third down conversions and short yardage plays. Only four or five quarterbacks in the game should ever have those kinds of unworldly statlines.

6. Coordinators
-Another horrible element of Madden for the past 5 years. There are coaches, scouts and trainers and none of them matter. You should be able to pinpoint the team you want to have and then build it through coordinators rather than just picking any scheme. You shouldn't be able to switch between a 3-4 and a 4-3 week by week unless you pick the right defensive coordinator. Also, you should be able to build up coaching candidates from the bottom up. Ideally there should be position coaches. You should have to hire your offensive line coach, QB coach, DB coach and so on and so forth and it should have a real, tangible impact on your team. Have retired players take up positional coaching spots and build them up so that you have options when your coordinators and position coaches go to different teams. There needs to be a real sense of team building, not just sign all the free agents and your franchise is suddenly better.

7. Better scouting mechanics
Speed and strength and similar aspects should be readily available at the start of the process with surprises along the way. Prospects should move up and down based on their scouting combine results. For example, a player should have a high speed rating and be ranked highly on the board before the combine, but if they run a slower expected time, they should drop and rise depending.

8. Be able to control any team at any time for any reason.
I should not have to user control the Browns if I want to play as the Browns in any particular week. I should also have complete autonomous control over the actions of any team in the draft and other elements without having to switch between user controlled teams. That's so clunky and frustrating that it makes the draft a hassle rather than a joy.

9. Better scouting, better scouting, better scouting.
You should be able to interview a certain amount of prospects each year. Add this to free agency, too. There should be a human element to this game in which you have to choose between asking them how they'd fit, their motivation level, whether or not they love football... The game was so much more fun when you could have a player who demands more money or gets suspended or refuses to re-sign, and you should be able to effectively guard against this by pinpointing players who have a lack of motivation, or are somehow a suspension threat (even if the game can't say why they were suspended), or have players who hate playing for your team or players who are bad, bad scheme fits.

10. A greater likelihood (but realistic) potential for crazy plays.
Defensive backs never return long interceptions anymore. There are never bad snaps. Fumbles always result in immediate pileups instead of potential scoop and scores or offensive recoveries that turn into more yards. They went with incredible catch animations, but only the Beckham style. Not deflection catches. The game got boring because it was so formulaic with no chaos element. An interception and you get tackled right away. A fumble and it's a recovery. They need to insert a way to make crazy weird plays as realistic and frequent as the NFL without it all feeling like simply a long catch or a long run.

11. Realistic injury replacement impacts.
If your center gets hurt, the interior pass rush should be noticeable thereafter. If your star corner gets hurt, teams should target the replacement DB. If your QB gets hurt, there should be a significant difference in how your offense performs. Right now in Madden, as much as they want to say this isn't true, there's no difference between a 70 overall receiver and a 99 overall receiver if their speed is the same. Only difference is more or less dropped passes.

12. Coverage.
There's no such thing as open or unopen receivers on either side of the ball. If you have the game at difficult, your corner can be on the receiver like glue and it still won't effect whether or not the ball is caught. There should be a very real and very obvious difference in passing (both ways) depending on how open your receiver is.

13. Sidelines
You know how annoying it is to see players on the sideline with no name on the back of their jersey? Of course you do. Either remove all sideline animations completely or fix it so it doesn't completely look ridiculous.

14. Player personality
I've mentioned this a lot before, but something has to be done here because it's crucial to whether or not I buy Madden again. There have to be players who can be distractions (selfish, attention-hungry, pouting). They have to have a motivation level (have an all-time great DL without a high motor), chemistry (do you have a really good player that somehow hurts the team's chemistry)... Morale should be on there, leadership should be on there. These should all contribute to your team's success. If you have a team full of unmotivated players, your team should suck.

What else?

Last edited by HorizontoZenith on Fri May 12, 2017 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lions017

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want the players to feel different. If you do sub in your safety at LB or you try to play your speedy CB at WR, you need to be able to feel the difference.

I've found that even with adjusted sliders it's too easy to slot in a backup QB or backup WR and have the game play essentially the same way.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 8 on your list used to be available, but for whatever reason was taken out some years ago.

Is there any news on the game? Haven't seen anything yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly it's pretty embarrassing that you can't sub a safety in in a certain dime package at ILB.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
11. Realistic injury replacement impacts.
If your center gets hurt, the interior pass rush should be noticeable thereafter. If your star corner gets hurt, teams should target the replacement DB. If your QB gets hurt, there should be a significant difference in how your offense performs. Right now in Madden, as much as they want to say this isn't true, there's no difference between a 70 overall receiver and a 99 overall receiver if their speed is the same. Only difference is more or less dropped passes.
I actually really like this idea.... I wish there was a way to take the whole offensive line as a unit and give them a pass pro and run pro rating. Then you can see that in the weekly scouting report on your opponent: "The Jaguars have a 76 pass pro grade and have given up X amount of interior and Y amount of exterior pressure". It actually gives you something to game plan for, rather than just the 2 stats that say "They are the 24th passing offense and 11th rushing offense".

There is just so much opportunity for the hardcore fans that they don't put in because Madden is made for the average fan. They will sell more games the more simple it is. I just wish there was a mode in franchise that you could turn on that was like "fanatic mode"

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
MathMan

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. CPU vs CPU mode.

2. Realistic DEFAULT sliders (where you could do a CPU vs CPU and have realistic stats.

I like to GM a team, but watch them play.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouting in 2017 is whack.

In the 'draft news' section it was hyping how this free safety had the fastest time at the combine and was a future star. I check his 40 time. 4.55 and he was like the 11th ranked FS. Made no sense.

He ended up being the highest rated rookie with superstar potential and I guess thats what the article was trying to say but it was so confusing / contradictory.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be able to create my own team and start with a bunch of scrubs.

If my ps2 still worked I would be playing madden 2007 because I miss that feature. It's absolutely ridiculous that I can't do this.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put some heart into franchise and my player modes.

The NBA games are fantastic in making it seem more fun and real and I don't even like basketball.

It's the same stiff and boring stuff every single year and could use a touch of creativity. ESPN 2k5 knew what it was doing more than madden 17 did

It's just a soulless and apathetic game that gets boring in a week unless you're playing online, playing with friends, or you're a retard and like playing MUT
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took nine posts before 2k got brought up. Is that the longest a Madden thread has gone?
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
It took nine posts before 2k got brought up. Is that the longest a Madden thread has gone?

Laughing
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

All this means is that still, ten plus years later, 2k was better in every way than Madden is or could ever be.
Spartacus1337

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

All this means is that still, ten plus years later, 2k was better in every way than Madden is or could ever be.

The sad thing is the contract that EA paid to the NFL and NFLPA will probably be indefinite unless people stop buying the POS copy every year.

I AM GOLTHAR THE TERRIBLE, WHAT HAVE I TO FEAR FROM ROME? - Aaron Rodgers
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Nah, madden COULD put out a great game if it wanted to imo. Will it? Ever?

No
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy a new madden every 5 years or so. This will probably be the year I get a new copy.

As for OP's wishlist: goodluck. Doubt we see any of it.

I'd like for them to streamline the games. There are all these mini 2-3 second pointless animations after every snap (as well as before the game, after the quarters, etc) that bring nothing to the table and are completely bland and banal. Get rid of them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: