Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robby Anderson arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-union-president-javier-ortiz-was-cop-who-fought-arrested-nfls-robby-anderson-9333914

This is why you can't be so quick to judge.

Thank you Rock. Dude's talking about cutting one of our most promising players over an incident they don't even have any info about. This is why some of y'all are on a message board and won't ever be in a FO.

Here are some thoughts that I have.

1. Any time you have a run in with the police is not good. The NFL teams will take note on this. I think the jets will take a note on this which means Anderson better be very careful from here on out.

2. I don't think he will be cut because he did show some promise last year and can improve on it. If he does have another run in with the police then the CUT word might start to happen.

3. I try to wait on if people are guilty or not until it is settled in court. Unfortunately most Americans believe what every is written on the net.

4. I think the Jets are trying to bring in some high character guys on the team.
I strongly believe that guys like Cook and Mixon were not even on the draft boards because of this. The reason I think this is because the locker room was a bigger mess than what the problems were on the field.
Sapo28

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
While this arrest is no doubt disappointing, I don't think it's as bad as some of you think. Richardson's charges were way worse, but he is a higher pedigree of player. However, I think with the new info that the arresting officer has a history of excessive force, these charges may get dropped or lessened a bit.

He previously attempted to arrest a former Jet (Vilma). Smells like a conflict of interest if he is a Dolphins fan...
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-union-president-javier-ortiz-was-cop-who-fought-arrested-nfls-robby-anderson-9333914

Thank you Rock. Dude's talking about cutting one of our most promising players over an incident they don't even have any info about. This is why some of y'all are on a message board and won't ever be in a FO.

Anderson arrested for pushing cop

Cut him

Anderson arrested for altercation with cop who has checkered past and a history of harassment

Oh this is much more interesting.

If you read my 2nd post instead of being a jerk you'd see the difference Laughing

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapo28 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
While this arrest is no doubt disappointing, I don't think it's as bad as some of you think. Richardson's charges were way worse, but he is a higher pedigree of player. However, I think with the new info that the arresting officer has a history of excessive force, these charges may get dropped or lessened a bit.

He previously attempted to arrest a former Jet (Vilma). Smells like a conflict of interest if he is a Dolphins fan...

Maybe we should try to get him to transfer up to the New England area.....
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Just playing devil's advocate here, you still don't know though. Either way, we can't say "cut him" before everything is out in the open.

That post wasn't to say he's innocent by any means it's just that the situation should be played out before people start yelling "cut him"

He very well could be a victim like that girl at the other show who was tasered for no reason.

Anderson has no history of this so he deserves the benefit of the doubt right now. The guy lied to a judge about events to cover his actions and charges could have been pressed after his own co workers told the truth to contradict his story. Do we really even know if Anderson pushed anyone, no we don't. Could be another lie by an untrustworthy police officer.

Props to Mack on the sig
Sapo28

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
Sapo28 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Maybe we should try to get him to transfer up to the New England area.....

We've been playing this game all wrong!
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Cut him

Anderson arrested for altercation with cop who has checkered past and a history of harassment

If you read my 2nd post instead of being a jerk you'd see the difference Laughing

You shouldn't be so quick to judge, I think that was his point.

Props to Mack on the sig
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Just playing devil's advocate here, you still don't know though. Either way, we can't say "cut him" before everything is out in the open.

Guys said cut Revis before he had a chance to clear his name. But then again that was more related to his on the field play.

Either way this is something we need less of right now. Robbie has to use better judgment when dealing with police. Hell he was arguing with security before it happened allegedly.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this cop had a history of complaints, just got his gun returned, was banned from the festival before due to complaints, waived his gun in Vilmas face...

So who knows if Anderson was being egged on by this dude. Maybe- maybe not

Point is- can't say "cut him" 2 min after story breaks.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#FreeRobby2K17

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Cut him

That was exactly my point. Thanks rock
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Cut him

You being so quick to judge without knowing the full story was the issue. That's not being a jerk. I'm teaching you game kid.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Cut him

1st of all I was being sarcastic. I seen the thread title and said cut him and then nothing else.

Then we got the story and it said he was in a "fight" so I questioned the reasoning behind him getting arrested for that.

Then the cop part came out then it came out that the cop is a scumbag and now Marshall is confirming said cop is a scumbag.

Only thing I said seriously in regard to Anderson was that he needs to use better judgment next time.

The same fan base who said I shouldn't be quick to judge said we had a terrible draft before the guys even stepped on the field. Hey pot my name is kettle.

Quote:

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tmz doesn't have a video of this yet. They're slipping.
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Cut him

1st of all I was being sarcastic. I seen the thread title and said cut him and then nothing else.

Then we got the story and it said he was in a "fight" so I questioned the reasoning behind him getting arrested for that.

Then the cop part came out then it came out that the cop is a scumbag and now Marshall is confirming said cop is a scumbag.

Only thing I said seriously in regard to Anderson was that he needs to use better judgment next time.

The same fan base who said I shouldn't be quick to judge said we had a terrible draft before the guys even stepped on the field. Hey pot my name is kettle.

Don't change your story now. Nobody respects that. You straight up said cut him. No green font no nothing. You changed your tune when you realized you jumped out of pocket without knowing anything.

We had a bad draft strategy. I know you're a Stan with green and white goggles but it's called being an honest. You want every Jet fan to jump for joy for every move we make and think we're pessimists because we see that we're a bottom tier team this year.

Hey kid. Stick in your pocket and don't tell me or anyone else we're being doom and gloom or a SOJF. I have the right to my opinion on the team. And guess what.. myself as well as ekill will probably be right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: