Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

C Max Unger suffers foot injury - Will miss 5 months
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: C Max Unger suffers foot injury - Will miss 5 months Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/861538010290163712

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

Just reported on @gmfb: #Saints star C Max Unger has suffered a foot injury and is expected to miss the start of the 2017 season, source say

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do we think? Go sign Nick Mangold, put Klemente in, or look at one of our 3 rookies to try to fill the spot.

This is a big deal. Glad we've got 4 months before game time so Brees and whomever can get some timing down.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't surprise to see us try roll with some youth and see how it works out before going the vet route.

Jack Allen was good at Michigan State, and we have 4 months before the start of the season to see if he can pick up the mental aspect.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With center Max Unger out at least through the start of the regular season, the Saints have time to adjust on the fly. So here’s an idea floated by Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com: Trade running back Mark Ingram to the Eagles for center Jason Kelce.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/08/could-max-unger-injury-spark-a-trade/

can't say i think this is a good idea. trading away the youth of Ingram and relying on Peterson instead.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
With center Max Unger out at least through the start of the regular season, the Saints have time to adjust on the fly. So here’s an idea floated by Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com: Trade running back Mark Ingram to the Eagles for center Jason Kelce.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/08/could-max-unger-injury-spark-a-trade/

can't say i think this is a good idea. trading away the youth of Ingram and relying on Peterson instead.

Simply do not see this happening... ever!

Kelemente is like a Swiss Army knife lineman, he's played center, left and right guard and left tackle for us. He will get the reps but will be pushed by Jack Allen who is a blue collar former undrafted free agent from Michigan St. The Saints have 4 months to let these young guys settle this out and remember... Unger will eventually be back.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Kelemente is like a Swiss Army knife lineman, he's played center, left and right guard and left tackle for us. He will get the reps but will be pushed by Jack Allen who is a blue collar former undrafted free agent from Michigan St. The Saints have 4 months to let these young guys settle this out and remember... Unger will eventually be back.

I agree. They're not going to trade... anyone... to fill a hole for 2-4 games, which is probably what Unger will miss. Then he'll likely be as good as new, just without training camp to get into fooball shape. I'll bet he's right back near peak by week 6 at the latest.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I agree. They're not going to trade... anyone... to fill a hole for 2-4 games, which is probably what Unger will miss. Then he'll likely be as good as new, just without training camp to get into fooball shape. I'll bet he's right back near peak by week 6 at the latest.

I'm pretty sure if he starts the season on the PUP he's ineligible until week 7.

WHODAT91FOREVER
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingram for Kelce. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kelce would be a throw in if we trade Ingram, the meat of that deal would involve a pick or Kendricks
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us Jordan Matthews
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoDatNation wrote:
Give us Jordan Matthews
no thanks. Why invest so much in a position this team can plug most any player into and get production?
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

That is a horrible, horrible idea. Whoever wrote that article should be fired.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Raves

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
WhoDatNation wrote:
Give us Jordan Matthews
no thanks. Why invest so much in a position this team can plug most any player into and get production?

I think he means Matthews and Kelce for Ingram
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
WhoDatNation wrote:
Give us Jordan Matthews

I think he means Matthews and Kelce for Ingram
gimme sproles, like sproles of 5 years ago. Crying or Very sad
unfsaint

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in seeing what Mangold had to offer if he can get healthy. He could be an excellent plug and play guy for the first quarter of the season. We will likely go with what we have...but boy we need to find a way to win games that first quarter of the season. It's going to be rough...very tough start to the season. We can't afford to start slow again this year again.

Hau'oli Kikaha- 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 0 INT, 4 FF, 1 FR, 2 PD

Willie Snead- 69 reception, 984 yards, 3 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Saints are reporting that they expect Unger back in preseason... no PUP.

Anyone else feel like the Saints are leaking false info to Rapport on purpose so they can retort a few days later and make him look like a fool?

We all know Payton's history with this reporter.

WHODAT91FOREVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: