Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA TE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
theironcitykid wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Quote:

Fordham TE Phazahn Odom 6'8 245: Fast. Great route runner. Will make contested catches. Great double move route runner from TE position. Quick feet. Good blocker. Redzone threat. Catches ball funny at times and has bad hand placement which leads to some ugly drops. JUGs should be his best friend in training camp. Vastly underrated TE talent. My NFL comparison is Jimmy Graham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDstzp9QxZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z8E9E_5p0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP4UONtq49M

I stand by my previous assessment. A little more seasoning and you get a very solid TE prospect.

The first thing I noticed was his poor footwork. If you look at any WR in these clips [or anywhere] when you line up on the left side of the field your right foot should be in front of your left. Right side of the field visa versa. This is football 101

In terms of physical traits, strong...athletic...hard to bring down... not bad routes... obviously a very tall target... maybe fights the ball a bit but proabably new to the game....seems RAW

I'm going to him a poor technique in blocking but he has the size and strength to get better. Seems a perfect candidate that with good coaching he will blossom and elevate his game to the next level

He's definitely got some beast mode in him in terms of trucking after the ball is in his hands and is pretty elusive for a man of his size. ATHLETIC. With various hurdles and movement skills. Also obviously a good redzone target

The inclusion of this guy to the draft immediately bumps it up from a D+ to C-

He doesn't explode into his blocks. Watching the mini camps coverage and that was something that Coach Tomlin and the TE coach were coaching him up on. Hopefully he can make it to preseason and then we can get an extended look.

I agree - very tentative. I also saw him maul a few guys. So it would seem if he gets technique down he has the potential to be a good blocker. And I love the athleticism.

That said, I don't mind Green, James, and Grimble. Needs upgrading eventually but for the time being should be a middle of the pack TE core in the NFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: